Before And After

redangel

Ok here is one of mine from the other day.

I darkened them up a little (or maybe way to much) but I like it like that.

Love this. Iam however interested to know how the photo would look if you brought up the temp a bit and saturated it a bit more.

Like this?

Or saturation the other way?

See no idea what I am doing.

post-26515-1275962656_thumb.jpg

Edited by Evolving

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here is one of mine from the other day.

I darkened them up a little (or maybe way to much) but I like it like that.

Love this. Iam however interested to know how the photo would look if you brought up the temp a bit and saturated it a bit more.

Like this?

Or saturation the other way?

See no idea what I am doing.

Your doing well! Did you bring up the temp too or just increased saturation?

Um I though I messed with the saturation but it turns out I just decreased the Hue.

It is mostly an increase in temperature.

I just realized that was a different picture than the first one. Thats what I get for doing something quickly.

Edited by Evolving

Um I though I messed with the saturation but it turns out I just decreased the Hue.

It is mostly an increase in temperature.

I personally think the temp can really 'change' a photo. Cool and warm tones really do change the story in the photo in my opinion.

I just adore tigers, your photos are just beautiful :D

I haven't shared yet, but that's because I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to editing. I just play around until I get the look I want, I don't usually remember how I got there.

Mostly I just use a free program called Photoscape and I'm starting to use Lightroom more. I have no idea how to use PS ;)

Here is one I edited quite a bit, mostly in Photoscape. I auto-levelled everything, cropped it, desaturated it, warmed it up with a sepia colour, reduced the contrast a bit and added the AGFA filter. I think that's it.

copyofimgp09271275963195.JPG

4610867050_284a197b42.jpg

This is a more recent one, I didn't do much at all to it (and I can't really remember what I did, except upping the red slider, increasing the blacks and sharpening). It was all done in Lightroom.

copyofimgp11451275963342.JPG

4622847927_3b87fd5d13.jpg

As for sharing details of what was done to a photo - I personally don't mind. Good luck if someone wants to copy me :D But I completely understand if someone doesn't want to share their secrets step-by-step. I have my own small business making kids clothes and if someone copied my pattern, I would be cranky.

Awesome replies everyone...nice to see the responses. Im happy to extend the before and afters to lightroom/raw conversion as well... I think it is just fun to experiment. And for those not so confident an insight. :laugh:

edit:spelling

Edited by redangel

4681401359_89425a2830_o.jpg

It's pretty heavily edited - I wanted it to look like it was shot in the jungle.

- Increased saturation of just orange

- increased saturation of just red

- increased saturation overall

- increased the blacks

- upped the exposure (+1.05)

- took down the exposure on the left side of the tiger's head by 0.4

- reduced the saturation of the blues

- added a vignette which shows up a lot more than usual because of the high black levels

I haven't touched it in photoshop yet but I will be leveling out the colour of the tiger's head (so it isn't lighter than the rest of the photo) and then probably doing some digital painting on it to make it look more like a painting rather than a photo but I don't know if i can be bothered with that!

I have a couple of photos that I've edited in both lightroom and photoshop if people want to see them but they generally take a long time to explain what I did. I'll have to go searching but I'll try and find the before shot that's just a raw conversion.

Here's a scary one

straight out of camera

4689868342_50acacb76b.jpg

finished product

4685032880_925ab2e92a.jpg

I honestly couldn't tell you what the processing was except to say that I went heavy on the tonal work. These were processed last year so if I had to repeat the editing, I would likely get a different result.

ETA: The green cast over the final image is intentional to draw attention to the horrible flouro lighting used in most schools.

Edited by Ashanali

post-25842-1276335152_thumb.jpg

Still trying to learn Lightroom stuff....just having a play. Did this one the other night still a work in progress- not happy with sky- but it is indeed worth learning. It has helped me understand photo facets a lot more. And to appreciate those who are talented in PP

edit-forgot attach.

Edited by redangel

His befores are really good too. (I couldn't help but notice how he likes to make the asses on virtually all the brides on his site much smaller and higher). Then I read some of the feedback comments on his blog.

Edited by Ripley