Where To Buy Show Leads?

Gumnut

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the Quality of Luscious Leads, I have two that were made for Warley but didn't suit her needs and they are awesome.

So strong, can never see them falling apart :thumbsup:

Some numpty ( that was me ) couldn't measure correctly. :)

I've got a gorgeous Luscious too, mine is tied to the end of a Stafford and still looks and feels like the day I got it and it's survived the dog doing a high dive off the table and it didn't stretch or break.

If you are buying plaited leather, you need to be sure that the person doing the plaiting knows what they are doing, as I've had some come apart in the past.

Gee isn't TeamSnag so lucky to have her cheer squad on board!! :thumbsup:

And yes Warley, I DO know what I'm doing and as I've been using mine on Staffords now for every day as well as show, as well as other breeds AND my horses!!!, I think it's fairly safe to say that they're not going to come apart in a hurry.

Gee isn't TeamSnag so lucky to have her cheer squad on board!! :thumbsup:

She has a lot of very happy customers, what's wrong with that?

Nothing whatsoever, just find it amusing that's all given that one of the "happy customers" then has to denigrate other lead makers.

Gee isn't TeamSnag so lucky to have her cheer squad on board!! :)

Nothing whatsoever, just find it amusing that's all given that one of the "happy customers" then has to denigrate other lead makers.

I think you are taking this personally Ellz.

No one has said "x's are better than Ellz' don't buy from her buy from x"

I'm sure those that have your leads will comment if/when they see this thread, Rajacadoo did I thought?

Similarly a member would come in and let us know if a product wasn't up to scratch if that was the case.

I came in to find out who was recommended and read all of this... I didn't realise anyone 'denigrated' you??

Also I have no idea who TeamSnag is but if they have happy customers what's the problem?

I don't go around in the photography threads and get upset when people point out that they like the photos that someone else takes. There's enough work to go around for everyone and not everyone is going to like the same things.

It's nice to have options!

(off to check out some of the links. I need new leads because all my show leads have gone walkies... again :) )

:) I didn't actually say that anybody denigrated "me" in particular but I did comment that I use my leads with success on my dogs and my horses and thus far, those who have purchased leads from me seem to be highly satisfied with them. I actually said that Warley denigrated OTHER lead makers (in general)....as I pointed out in this thread, there are a few of us here and I didn't wish to turn it entirely into a thread dominated by me. I only posted my photos because I was asked to. Not because I was hoping for sales and certainly not because I was hoping that others would jump on board and praise me up.

This seems like a rather petty comment to make :) I hope I'm wrong.

I put it up there originally as someone asked about leads and I love my Luscious Leads!

If you are buying plaited leather, you need to be sure that the person doing the plaiting knows what they are doing, as I've had some come apart in the past.
And yes Warley, I DO know what I'm doing and as I've been using mine on Staffords now for every day as well as show, as well as other breeds AND my horses!!!, I think it's fairly safe to say that they're not going to come apart in a hurry.

Where does Warley say say "Ellz do you know what your doing?" Warleys comment wasnt aimed at you or anyone in particular for that matter. I know I myself had brought one leather lead before I started using Luscious Leads and it fell apart really quickly.

And also Luscious Leads has bling ;) Love bling on my leads :)

This doesn't denegrate anyone. It's a vaild warning. Let me put it in another example for another industry and a warning that we repeat on an almost daily basis,

"Be sure to choose a wedding photographer who knows what they're doing. A wedding day is a once in a lifetime event and not the sort of thing you leave up to people with little experience."

Is this comment running anyone down? Nope. But it IS letting people know they should do a little research. That's what I got from SBT's statement. :)

It was a general warning that when you buy plaited leather ( and this goes for any show lead, check chain or collar that you put on your dog ) to make sure whoever made it, knows what they are doing and makes it properly.

I've had a plaited roo leather lead come undone and it left me in a rather pre carious position in the show ring.

Does anyone know where I could purchase some of the swivels that they have on the show leads. I am making my own and would like to put swivels on them. If anyone has an idea of where to get them in Australia that would be most helpful. :):)

• 5 months later...
I have some stunning leads I brou8ght off Donna Puttock, she hand makes them to your colours, handmade kangaroo leather, you can also have bling if you want &you can get them in 3 lengths.

Andrea Bosco :o

Me too - I have three of them - beautiful leads :D