Parvovirus Outbreak

pikespooches

Central Coast vets have a warning sign up as well

I wouldn't take any notice of that vet. My vet hasn't seen any cases.

A warning is a warning and if it makes one person vaccinate then its worth taking notice of...

doesnt really matter where it is....

I'm skeptical. These warnings seem to have all starting coming about since the introduction of the Disease Watchdog program introduced by a vaccine company who is very anti the 3 year protocol. I believe its a scare tactic to frighten people into staying with annual vaccination.

I'm sure there may be a few more cases happening here and there, but full on 'outbreaks'? Not so sure...

There have been quite a few parvo cases reported here in Ellenbrook, most of them were all regular visitors to the local dogpark, Midland vet also had an article in the local paper about a parvo outbreak.

There have been quite a few parvo cases reported here in Ellenbrook, most of them were all regular visitors to the local dogpark, Midland vet also had an article in the local paper about a parvo outbreak.

Mas - are most of those cases the owner not vaccinating the dogs when they were pups? Or failure to listen to vets advice on vaccination rulings, like don't take your pups to dog parks when they are not covered?

You don't hear about many cases of adult dogs that had been vaccinated contracting it, and the only way they will is if their immune system has been wiped out.

Mas - are most of those cases the owner not vaccinating the dogs when they were pups? Or failure to listen to vets advice on vaccination rulings, like don't take your pups to dog parks when they are not covered?

You don't hear about many cases of adult dogs that had been vaccinated contracting it, and the only way they will is if their immune system has been wiped out.

I have no idea but I am not going to take a chance and take my dog to where the vet thinks they are contracting it. There was an article up at the vet saying labs are one of the breeds that tend to pick it up more easily??

We just had a column in our local paper a few weeks back stating that it was back with lots of cases.

We had an awful outbreak of it here last October. IMO there was not enougth info about the disease and also too little too late on what pet owners needed to do to prevent the spread. Never want to go through that again. :)

Our vet said that they saw more dogs of Pure Bred Origin being hit the hardest.

We lost two 6 month old pups and yes they were vaccinated. :)

THere have been a lot of case around Perth too from what I've heard (but that could just be because I work in the vet industry :))

From which areas kendall?

I know of cases in Midland and Ellenbrook

Central Coast vets have a warning sign up as well

I wouldn't take any notice of that vet. My vet hasn't seen any cases.

LOL that particular clinic has buckleys chance in hell of getting any of my business - they lost any opportunity the day I saw them advertising puppies, specifically dogue de bordeauxs!

I know of cases in Midland and Ellenbrook

Scary! Lucky I live SOR, but that doesn't mean I'm safe.

There are recent cases in Mandurah and Margaret River if anyone is planning on heading through that way.

IMO there was not enougth info about the disease and also too little too late on what pet owners needed to do to prevent the spread.

I totally agree. I only heard about parvovirus through here on DOL. Now I'm disinfecting the whole yard and house with bleach 2 months before my puppy comes home.

Edited by quickbrownfox