Ready To Welcome A Puppy Into The Home Too!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep 19th. I can still take an entry if you wanted to enter Soaks.

19th . . . . oh, I am so tempted to take Allie up to meet everyone but we might be moving house that weekend :o

I wonder if I could get away with moving one day and visiting the next?

Where is the show? Erskine?

Yep 19th. I can still take an entry if you wanted to enter Soaks.

Nah, that's okay Rysup! It'll be nice just to visit for once! :thanks: I can turn up with grubby dogs and it won't matter :)

WS - it's at Castle Hill

Edited by TerraNik

No worries. Let me know if you want to enter WS, I wont be closing off till Saturday morning I dont think. Then I get to spend all weekend putting numbers in envelopes! FUN! :thanks:

Thanks Rysup, I've never done Castle Hill before, is it a hard show ground to get too?

I would be coming from Canberra direction.

No worries. Let me know if you want to enter WS, I wont be closing off till Saturday morning I dont think. Then I get to spend all weekend putting numbers in envelopes! FUN! :hug:

Thanks Rysup, I've never done Castle Hill before, is it a hard show ground to get too?

Nope - it's not far from the M2.

No worries. Let me know if you want to enter WS, I wont be closing off till Saturday morning I dont think. Then I get to spend all weekend putting numbers in envelopes! FUN! :hug:

Sorry to sound silly but.. what does that mean?

wow that's far to go!

Sorry to sound silly but.. what does that mean?

Each dog entered in the show has a number designated to them that the handler has to wear while they are in the ring being judged. They are sent out before the show. :eek:

I do the dog show catalogues, and have to mail out those numbers :)

Never been to Castle Hill hey? Been a while since I've been to Canberra, but it would not be hard to find. M2/M7 are both a stones through away and one or both of those would help get you here.

Ahhh that makes sense!!

I'm back from melbourne, have missed my internet and Hazel!!

we were scheduled to go bck next week! but I stood my ground and said to my OH, WE ARE GOING TO MEET Rachel, Harry, Nik, Jedi and my first lappie Soaks!! and even possibly wolfsong!!

hahahaha

so yeah, that'll be good. What time does the show starT

Hmmm methinks it's time to check out Castle Hill

There is a very good chance I will cruise up to Sydney with Miss Alchemy (maybe Mistral but we shall see, he's a bit of a tool sometimes and he's not feeling the best atm) but I would love to see everyone again, it's been awhile.

i dont have any experience with any of these breeds ...but i do love samoyeds..always have..and the more i talk with people and read the more i think theyre great all rounders...if you can deal with the fur...which i wouldnt lol

as far as bugging breeeders..id ring round...not take up too much time..some breeders are happy to chat others arent

so id not be incessant lol

id go to a show and just mix and talk///ask if theyre not busy cos sometimes theyre about to go show the dog and youre in their way and of course there can be tension

i d also not get too chummy with any breeder..some might feel that they have invested all this time tellingyou stuff about their breed and you go elsewhere to get a pup...and do be aware that there are cliques too

hang loose...read lots ...observe...talk to dog owners at the park and of course get that DOL meet going...if youre aware that people can be biased about their breed then youll be right lol

Edited by percyk

You might get to see a more sedate Soaks, Lyn! She is injured at the moment (pad injury) but hopefully I'll be able to bring her out by Saturday. Otherwise I'm sure we can work out a little play-date with Hazel once she's all better.

Though, I have another lappie here that I'm fostering - I will definitely bring her along. She's a big sook! You'll love her!

Edited by TerraNik

You might get to see a more sedate Soaks, Lyn! She is injured at the moment (pad injury) but hopefully I'll be able to bring her out by Saturday. Otherwise I'm sure we can work out a little play-date with Hazel once she's all better.

Though, I have another lappie here that I'm fostering - I will definitely bring her along. She's a big sook! You'll love her!

It will be quite a Lappie fest- I am pretty sure that Snofyre is going to that one (and that there are two little flufs making their debut!). So you will really get to see both ends of the Temperament Spectrum!

Damn my exams- I really wanted to enter that show too!!

After today's visit to Castle Hill, I met my first bunch of Lappies!

Soaks being all sooky and hurt swayed OH almost immediately

Me: Wai, what breed do you prefer?

Wai: Ahsoka

Me: No, That's her name, what type?

Wai: Ahsoka

However, Keesie puppies are just too cute... I never had a chance to have a Keesie puppy! I think I need to hug hug keesie puppies and hug hug Lappie puppies. haha oh and samoyed puppies too :cry:

only met ally and she's beeuuuttifulll

can anyone help?