Ready To Welcome A Puppy Into The Home Too!

Jedi follows me EVERYWHERE. He stares at me all the time and looks for me if I'm not home. He's a real cheeky bugger who makes me laugh every day without fail. Jedi sleeps on the bed with me and we cuddle all night. Jedi isn't a dog-dog or a person-dog. He only really has eyes for me. He won't even greet others unless they are well known to him like my OH, Woofenpup and ~*Shell*~. And dogs? What dogs?! :rolleyes:

Ahsoka is much more independent. She will pop in and say hello every now and again but is then off doing her own thing. She goes NUTS when we get home though. And she loves a good cuddle with us. She will say hello to anyone in a 100m radius though - she is a real social butterfly. The thing she loves doing most with us is having a game of tug or going for a run but she would happily do that with anyone. She sleeps under the bed but as soon as the alarm goes off she's up on top for morning cuddles.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jedi follows me EVERYWHERE. He stares at me all the time and looks for me if I'm not home. He's a real cheeky bugger who makes me laugh every day without fail. Jedi sleeps on the bed with me and we cuddle all night. Jedi isn't a dog-dog or a person-dog. He only really has eyes for me. He won't even greet others unless they are well known to him like my OH, Woofenpup and ~*Shell*~. And dogs? What dogs?! :rolleyes:

Even then, if I meet Nik out somewhere and Jedi comes out of his crate when I turn up, he doesn't really say hi. He has the same kind of greeting Zero has where he'll stand back and wait. If you have food, that's another story but he's still very polite about getting it!

If i turn up at Nik's place, I generally get a cuddle from Jedi and he will come to me but he usually waits until Soaks has had her turn and he's been sniffed by Zero (Z and Jed are bestest buddies but even then, they don't say huge hellos to eachother - they like to be with one another but don't play or anything)

I find Keesies are very much wanting to be with you. They are very people oriented. BUT here its ME, much like Jedi wants Nik. It is me they want. They are not interested in OH or Toby. Just me.

My sister is coming to dog sit next month when I go to Vic to judge, and I just hope they are good for her! I lay there half last night worrying about it! LOL

Well hazel likes a lotta people who live in the house, but she really really loves just me..

and, she sleeps with me like she has to be in my room with me but she doesn't like me disturbing her sleep. as in, she will rather sleep at the end of the bed than next to me. but then again, i've only had her for the past 3 years of her 8.5 years?

can't wait till the 19th!!

Ahsoka wil be my first lappie I meet!

and can't wait to meet everyone else!

will any sammies be there?

I think that maybe boy Lapphunds are a bit more clingy. Kivi is usually in whatever room has the most people in it. He will usually set up camp in my study on the days I'm home studying before I actually get there. He sleeps at my feet most of the day. When I come home he is quite excited, but waits for me to crouch down to greet him so he can give me smooches. He is extremely kissy. He will do that to anyone at all. Someone at the dog park copped a Kivi kiss on the face on Friday when they were bending down to pick up dog poo. :) The guy didn't even know he was being stalked by a serial smoocher. :)

Kivi would very much like to sleep on the bed, but he isn't allowed. He sleeps on the floor at the foot of the bed and sometimes comes up for cuddles in the morning. Most of the time he plays with Erik rather than me, but he gets very excited about training. Lots of barking and when I bring him in to train he bounces. He gets into clingy moods sometimes and he'll come over to stare at you periodically in the hopes that you will give him a chest rub. Otherwise, he's very placid and unobtrusive. At least until you need him to get up and move. Then he's all like "Can't. Carry me." He's a 25kg dog, so obviously it's not that easy! He'll move eventually, but until he's had his fill of cuddles he's a limp, dead weight. I always end up giving him the cuddles he wants, sneaky devil. :)

Then he's all like "Can't. Carry me." He's a 25kg dog, so obviously it's not that easy! He'll move eventually, but until he's had his fill of cuddles he's a limp, dead weight. I always end up giving him the cuddles he wants, sneaky devil. :)

whoaaa that's huge! he's so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

How exciting!!!! She will certainly blow your socks off! She's not exactly what I would call a calm lapphund... :)

haha well, that way I'll get to see a super active lappie!!

then i'll ask someone to introduce me a super couch potato lappie!

*hint hint*

do your dogs sleep with you? we find hazel doesn't like to cuddle up to sleep cos she gets hot

Alchemy sleeps on the end of the bed everynight from the moment she worked out how to jump up there and Mistral sleeps on his own bed next to my side of the bed (he gets a little warm on the bed but he always comes up for before bed and morning cuddles)

I'm not sure which show it is that's on on the 19th, but there are a lot of Sammies in NSW so I will be surprised if there arn't any :rolleyes:

awwww i think if I had a samoyed in my bed, there wouldn't be any room for me. although there are some I've seen which aren't that much bigger than hazel....

can't wait for next weekend!

any sammie breeders who frequent this site? hmm....

how do I find you rachel?

awwww i think if I had a samoyed in my bed, there wouldn't be any room for me. although there are some I've seen which aren't that much bigger than hazel....

can't wait for next weekend!

any sammie breeders who frequent this site? hmm....

how do I find you rachel?

Aside from myself (only new, fist litter isn't until next year, NSW) there is Icemist (NSW) and Kelza (VIC), that's pretty much about it when it comes to the forums

Edited by Wolfsong

Echo sleeps on the bed with me. She will go down the bottom corner most of the time and jump on and off depending on how she feels to sleep in the bathroom.

She is one of the more active Lappies and was a little to busy playing exploring as a puppy for cuddles. Over the last few months she has really become a cuddle bum and demands to be patted with your feet down her whole body.

Yeah, I think Kivi and Ahsoka are two ends of the spectrum! Kivi is a real sook! He's gorgeous! Once you meet him, you'll fall in love.

This is very true. I love Kivi... he is all about cuddles :D

Even my boyfriend was like, 'I want a Kivi' after meeting him for the first time!!

I had a Kivi on my neck this morning. He's been in a smoochie mood for some unknown reason lately and when I woke up he thought he should give me a kiss on the cheek and then lay on me. He was secretly just trying to get closer to the used tissue on the bedside table, though. ;) When I blew that one out of the water he figured he may as well just snuggle up and enjoy the cuddles. I think that Lappies are a good size for a living teddy bear. :D

Well I will be sitting around ring 7, which is beside the undercover ring. There wont be many different Keesie people so I should not be too hard to track down. And 99% of people there know me, so just ask :D

Work's been super busy! can you believe it!

haven't had much progress with my research except I know i'll be meeting Harry and Rachel next weekend! and Jedi and Ahsoka and Terranik if they're free.

Just look out for like 4 asians and 1 keeshond :thumbsup:

Hmm, since there are significantly more sammie breeders than the other 2, are they as helpful/friendly (i know subjective opinion once again) but has anyone had experience with any in particular, good and bad?