Desperate! Long Term Boarding Or Foster Care

fiery_di

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockdale, Kogarah, Bexley Carlton etc are areas near me, it takes me 45 minutes by public transport to get to work in the city. Look for suburbs along the southern line, you might find something suitable.

A train from Kogarah to the city takes about 20 minutes, if not less.

Latest update...

Well, the meeting got canned yesterday, and postponed till this morning. Outcome of meeting - she was very impressed with our agency BUT is giving the current agent 1wks grace AND if they dont find a *suitable* tenant in that time then she will give the management to our agency.

In the meantime I viewed a 'pet friendly' apartment in Alexandria today that was very suitable and will submit applications in the interim 'just in case' this other one doesnt come off. I emailed some more 'pet friendly' enquiries today on some other properties that have come up..

Now I just have to either way, wait 1 week & still potentially find something in the interim... Grrrrrr.. I guess things cannot ever be too easy!!

Oh and just to add, dont understand this *loyalty* when the current agency had a tenant in the premises previously that caused $10,000 worth of damage/insurances claims as they apparently 'trashed' the place... :laugh:

Edited by fiery_di

Thanks Dogmad. We are also looking in this area. Such a lovely suburb, and great location.

Well an update - Scott & I are viewing approx 6 x properties tomorrow (all of which are pet friendly). We viewed an apartment at Alexandria on Wed night and will be submitting applications as it was very suitable (the front door even had a doggy door).

The agency I work for have recently had a property come onto their books at Petersham (It is the agency principal's sister) which has been dog approved for VERY reasonable money ($430/wk), which is $170 under our budget!! Am having a look at this also next week, and all go well and if the property is suitable we will be offered the place!! :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Latest & LAST development!! Great news!! S & I are moving to a lovely 2 bed house in Eastlakes on 6th Aug where we can have Coco AND another dog (IF we choose). We went to the open home for this property last weekend AND actually met with the owners (owner occupiers who had bought elsewhere so renting out their current property for investment) and they owned two labs. Lovely people, and had no qualms with pets. :laugh: The place even has a doggie door at the rear & is fully secure with a lovely undercover pergola & grassed area. So pleased!! The landlords are looking for long term renters which suits S & I to a tee. So all going well in the next few weeks months, we have discussed perhaps fostering an iggy as we miss Bobby so much and would love to help the breed that we have fallen in love with..

Coco is our 6yr old MF who is currently with us in the townhouse where body corporate has refused permission to have a dog (hence why we are breaking our lease & found the new premises). The elderly boy you are prob talking about - Bobby unfortunately passed away May 13th just gone. :laugh:

Bobby The Iggy