Resolved

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no dogs sports happening in our little town. I would like to be able to train my dogs in agility, doggy dancing and maybe flyball and dock diving, wish we had some of these here.

There are no dogs sports happening in our little town.

Same problem here.

I wish we had a tracking club or better yet a good Schutzhund club. I have NO chance of the last one though being in rural Vic.

ANKC recognised competitive lure coursing. If I didn't have to work for a living I'd try and make it happen myself.

I cannot believe that other breed groups can organise to get earthdog, herding, gun dog tests etc recognised yet a sport that is huge in Europe and North America is not ANKC recognised here. Even Schutzhund is recovering but sighthounds are still stuck with nothing unless they live in QLD. And even that is not officially recognised. I need someone to leave me silly amounts of money so that I can do it :thumbsup:

Any of the ring sports would be awesome to watch, and perhaps one day participate in.

Mondio FTW! I don't think a Mal would suit my current lifestyle though, and I'm glad my GSD is getting a little grey around the muzzle now :thumbsup: I got into retrieving with my old Goldie in a big way over summer, that was brilliant fun.

Although Dock Diving has been 'introduced' here I would like to see it actually get going! After the WDG's I've heard of no more training or events :thumbsup:

I would love the Utility Gundog Working Tests to come to ACT/NSW or indeed get going more in Victoria where it's been introduced. I'd love something more like the Hunting Tests in the USA which would make Gundog work more accessible to non-hunters.

Dock Diving needs to come to Qld.

Though we're quite spoilt in that we have:

- Dances with Dogs

- Tracking

- Lure Coursing

- Disc Dogs

- Obedience

- Agility x 2 (AADA & ANKC)

- Endurance Test

- Weight Pull

- Earth Dog

- Retrieving

- Herding

Dock Diving needs to come to Qld.

Though we're quite spoilt in that we have:

- Dances with Dogs

- Tracking

- Lure Coursing

- Disc Dogs

- Obedience

- Agility x 2 (AADA & ANKC)

- Endurance Test

- Weight Pull

- Earth Dog

- Retrieving

- Herding

;)

Don't forget those horrile noisy flyball dogs. :D

Although Dock Diving has been 'introduced' here I would like to see it actually get going! After the WDG's I've heard of no more training or events :D

I would love the Utility Gundog Working Tests to come to ACT/NSW or indeed get going more in Victoria where it's been introduced. I'd love something more like the Hunting Tests in the USA which would make Gundog work more accessible to non-hunters.

Are Utility Gundog Working Tests different to GWT? I don't think I've seen any GWT here in Perth, I'd love to see one and perhaps do one.