Cheap Polar Fleece Blankets In Kmart

huga

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KMart at West Lakes were out of them, not that I really needed any more :laugh: I did buy a double/queen "Coral Fleece Blanket" for $20, which is a luxurious feeling polyester fleece and it covers the lounge beautifully and looks so much nicer that the 2 purple polar fleeces that I had on there previously :)

As you can see Pele approves :(

PELE1010410.jpg

Edited by Bully

Dogs aren't getting them until the cat and I have finished with them! They're nice and warm and light! I got some strange foot embroidered child rugs, but because the bar code/lable had come off them I got them for $3 anyway.

Do they last ok or does washing take the warmth out of them?

Thankyou for this thread, I just said to DH a couple of nights ago that I should keep an eye out for an new blanket or two for Delilah's crate as she feels the cold so much even though the dog crates are in our bedroom and the heating is on overnight.

I went to Kmart at Munno Para yesterday and got her a red blanket and a raspberry pink one, and then while in Coles today I picked up two of the stripey ones for her as well (and another stripey one to cut up for our rat cage too!) What a bargain, 5 blankets for less than $20!

As you can see even though Delilah liked the red one she grabbed the pink one from off the bed and tried to put that one in too. She's such a girly girl!

4693181740_416b1ae959.jpg

Edited by Zebette

I bought some of the $3 ones from Coles. Nice. Warm. Light. Quite nice.

But has anyone else noticed the amount of static electricity they create? With lights off at night time, I have seen the blue sparks of light the blanket gives off just from being picked up and moved. I also see it if I rub my hand on the blanket in a way of stroking my dog. Not short tiny sparks, but big enough to light up my fingers in the dark.

It's a bit weird, really.

Edited by Erny

Erny, you know what we'll all be trying tonight, don't you?

Well be careful you don't 'zap' your dog, LOL. (Actually, I find it doesn't 'zap' much if at all, but I'm ready for it to happen, :laugh:)

My boy's (blue) blanket has a choo choo train sewn into a corner.

He is so pleased.

Yeah.

(Won't tell you what's on the pink one - he'll get a complex)

Edited by Erny

• 4 weeks later...

So .... has no one else found this to happen?

It's still happening here - washing the blankets has made no difference. In the early hours a couple of mornings ago (when it was still dark), my boy got restless and got up for a walk around. As the blanket came away from him I saw the streaks of blue from the static electricity, running up his back legs and down his tail, as the blanket slid away. It's hard to tell because it happens so quickly, but some of the static electricity streaks were about 1 inch long and others about 2 inches long. And for the moments they appear, it ever so slightly lights up around them to the point I can identify things (such as his tail, legs, a bit of the wall). It looked a little like those novelty glass balls that have the streaks of electricity moving inside them.

Another time I grabbed a corner of one of the blankets and was just shaking it out (it was still dark - don't ask me why I was doing it then .... it's an unnecessary and boring story to explain here) and I saw all the blue streaks of static occurring throughout the blanket, where it was touching/rubbing on itself.

I'm really quite amazed by this and to a degree, a little bit concerned. The static electricity streaks don't cause the physical sensation that we otherwise get from (eg) carpet static, or stims after alighting from a car, which is ok. But it has crossed my mind as to whether it would be possible for the blanket to ignite if there was enough static generated. Perhaps I'm being silly. But I'm thinking I might ditch the blankets.

Edited by Erny

I've got a fleecy I paid $15 for from Coles I think...

Zebra stripes black and white camoflage for dog. Anyway so far no static zaps for either of us and not when we rub it either.

I'm sure you can get anti static spray or something? There is also something you can put in the wash that is supposed to reduce it.

I do admit all the bedding in her bed, that sometimes gets carried off when she stands up in it is cotton and not prone to static zaps. Not all polyester is created equal.

I bought some of the $3 ones from Coles. Nice. Warm. Light. Quite nice.

But has anyone else noticed the amount of static electricity they create? With lights off at night time, I have seen the blue sparks of light the blanket gives off just from being picked up and moved. I also see it if I rub my hand on the blanket in a way of stroking my dog. Not short tiny sparks, but big enough to light up my fingers in the dark.

It's a bit weird, really.

OMG - that migth be why my girl got spooky the other night! I'll have to be careful I don't try to cover her in the dark again. :rolleyes: