What Is Your Worming/flea Control Regime!?

Flick_Mac

Well I use what Guide dogs give me- but its bloody annoying! Ideally I would just use sentinel or interceptor and advantix

She is on endogard once a month (middle of the month)

Then heartguard once a month (start of the month)

Frontline every 2 weeks (we live in a tick area)

I understand that they need to reduce costs by using products from their sponsors though.

Hi, for cost effectiveness I have found this to be the best for me and my dogs:

Advantix monthly

Proheart monthly

Cannex all wormer every 3 months

It's working well and I shop around on the internet for the best prices for all these products.

In VIC - not a known tick area

Worming - Once a month Interceptor

Fleas - Don't use anything, only if he gets fleas I will use a flea bath, then spot on treatment. I prefer not to use these, I think its too many harsh chemicals that are most likely not needed, especially during the winter months.

Will be starting him on Sentinel Spectrum this month for worms - previously he's been using what his breeder sent along with him and then whatever it was that the vet gave him.

Tick collar and Frontline for the blasted ticks. Yet I still found another one on him today :cry:

Thanks all - I was really trying to get a handle on what the more educated of dog owners use for wormies/fleas etc.... as a future vet I like to keep an eye on the well-informed's opinions :cry: (there are also a couple of combos I hadn't thought of/heard of - so it only adds to my repertoire!)