Neuter Shows

leopuppy04

There hasn't been any real advertising of this new class that I have seen, apart from being mentioned once in the black and white section of the DOGS Vic magazine. IMO they need to do a few colour pages, maybe an article or two on the benefits of exhibiting neuters? Don't think anything has been sent out to club secs, either.

that's my thoughts too SP :laugh:.

How can we get an article submitted? Can a member simply write to dogsvic and get it published?! Maybe it's something to look into (haha - I'm happy to do something like that and take some ideas from people on here and collaborate it all)???

Could try a letter..... I'm happy to help out with ideas etc.

I think too there is still some confusion about the class- my understanding is it's the same class number as the 'old' neuter class (which was for dogs 6 months or older), and of course attracted no points, so people looking through the schedules are going to see the number and well, either enter or not without a second thought most likely.

Plus the confusion about what register neuters need to be on (many people (that i have spoken to) still don't seem to realise that the dog has to be on Main as a neuter).

I am also happy to donate sashes etc. Has anyone got a club show coming up (any breed or all breeds etc) that they would like a few sashes donated to??

Have looked up the prices on a few websites regarding sashes (wanting to get some made up for this year's Royal as benching signs) and really they aren't that expensive and you need a maximum of 8 per show, plus the 8 certificates, I know clubs have other expenses etc but if you don't offer the class, people can't enter :laugh: I reckon about $50 would easily cover the costs for one all breeds show??

Edited by SpikesPuppy

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay jsut spent the last xxx number of minutes searching. Apart from Murray Valley no other show gazzetted is offering class 18. :laugh::laugh:

I looked and Vicdogs and class 18 is not mentioned. Do not know how I know 18 is Neuter maybe from our champ show. :D

Maybe we need to write to clubs that have not gazzetted yet to get them to get VD to gazzette the class.

Great idea rysup. going to go through my list of shows soon for some being held later in the year/ early next year and sponsor a neuter fringie :laugh:.

I think it will be a while before we see a real change... but if we start now, that could be by next year. The hardest thing is that for now, these schedules probably had to be in before the neuter shows were known to be available.

Gayle - breeders can move them across I think? Might be worth looking in to?

Yup - I even let one of my puppy buyers know taht I'm happy to change their details over. Am happy to do it for a few more too. I am sure Benson's breeder would be more than happy too as well :laugh:. simple phone call can fix it all :D

Out of confusion though - does it actually work as a normal show? So you get points for BCC/DCC and BOB, then points for NIG and points for NIS or is it just points at BOB level?

Ta :(

Points for neuters are only at breed level. So there are no extra points for beating 10 other neutered dogs in the group etc.

Maybe we can split up the work that can be done and then send out a combined effort to all states?

I think we need one person from each state to call a few clubs that haven't gazetted yet to see if they are able/ willing to offer the neuter shows.

I think we need a few people to find out the full rules of the neuter show, as well as anyone else who would like to contribute to a letter/ article.

I am happy to colaborate all ideas and write up a draft article (in a fun way) such as info about Neuter shows and 10 FAQ about Neuter shows, or perhaps 10 reasons why you should support the Neuter shows etc...

that way more people will be aware it's on/ clubs will be encouraged to hold it?!?!!

SECTION 3

Neuter Classes (05/01)

3.1 Classes 15, 16, 17 & 18 shall be optional Classes at any ANKC official show.

3.2 Classes 15,16,17 & 18 shall be ineligible to compete against entire exhibits for

Challenge or Best of Breed awards. (Amended 10/09, 8.9)

3.3 Classes 15,16,17 & 18 shall be judged at breed level after Best of Breed and any

Class elimination judging.

3.4 Classes 15,16,17 & 18 shall be judged at both Group and Show level immediately

after Class 11.

3.5 Only dogs or bitches registered with an ANKC Member Body as a “neuter” on the

main register shall be eligible to compete in either Class 15,16,17 or 18. (Amended

10/01)

3.6 A neuter is a dog or bitch that has been desexed either by castration or ovarian

hysterectomy and is rendered infertile. This does not include vasectomies.

(Added 05/04)

7.5 Neuter Certificates (Added 10/09, 8.9)

7.5.1 Where a Neuter Certificate winner is found to be ineligible for the award; the

Reserve winner shall be awarded the Certificate and points, less one for the

ineligible exhibit.

7.5.2 No Neuter Certificate shall be issued at Shows unless the Overseas Judge has

been approved by the ANKC.

7.8 Neuter Championship Points System (Added 10/09, 8.9)

The owner of a neutered dog registered with the ANKC which:

(a) wins not fewer than four Neuter Certificates/Best Neuter of Breed Certificates

under not fewer than four different Judges at four different exhibitions; and

(b) gains a total of 100 points, of which twenty five (25) of these points are gained

after the age of twelve (12) months; may apply for such dog to be known as a

Neutered Champion.

Points shall be allotted for exhibits six (6) months of age and over exhibited in a Neuter

Class as follows:

(a) Neuter Certificate winner – Dogs:

Five (5) points plus one (1) point for each Neutered dog of the breed exhibited at

the fixture.

(b) Neuter Certificate winner – Bitches:

Five (5) points plus one (1) point for each Neutered bitch of the breed exhibited at

the fixture.

© Best Neuter of Breed Certificate winner

Five (5) points plus one (1) point for each Neutered dog and bitch of the breed

exhibited at the fixture.

The points awarded under (a), (b) and ©, above shall not accumulate and shall, in no

case, exceed twenty-five (25) points at any one Show.

Only points accrued as a Neutered dog will be accepted towards the Neutered Champion

title.

A dog who has gained the title of Champion or Grand Champion prior to being entered on

the ANKC Main register as Neutered, shall retain such titles in addition to Neutered

Champion. These titles shall have precedence and shall appear in front of the Neutered

Champion title in the dogs registered name.

The title of Neutered Champion shall fulfill the Conformation Title requirements for Dual

and Triple Championships.

5 year moratorium imposed on any changes to the Neutered Championship Points

System.

ETA taken from http://www.ankc.org.au/media/scripts/doc_d...ad.aspx?did=553

Edited by SpikesPuppy

The NT affiliates have supported Open Neuter (Class 18) since its inception. I know when we introduced it for the Darwin Royal we had no shortage of potential sponsors for the Group and In Show awards. Every vet in town wanted the gig :mad Seriously, consider asking your local vets to sponsor the class.

Is it printed in the schedules that the classes count for Neuter points, at shows where only classes 18 and 18a are offered ? This means the neuters of all ages would be lumped in together - only one class for dogs and only one class for bitches. My understanding was that for clubs making the neuter points available under the new system - the format was as Spikepuppy has cut and paste with the full range of classes and judged class winners against each other for Neuter Challenge exactly as the entire classes are judged - otherwise it is just a neuter class as has been traditionally offered with no points >>??

Just my understanding of the new system.

Justine

My understanding is that the full range of neuter classes may be offered and thus exhibits eligible for the neuter points but I would be very surprised if the classes other that 18 & 18a (open neuter, exhibits 6 months and older) were offered, I don't see the clubs getting that kind of entry requireing so many options, at least not any time soon.

Oh well it will be interesting ... I personally dont think we will see it offered alot here in Tas as there is traditionally very little support of the neuter classes....but I have a couple of neuters at the ready and have threatened my old GRCH boy if he doesnt pull his head in lol

Justine

Just out of curiosity, if someone has a dog that is a champion, then is desexed ... can they show the dog and also earn the 'neuter champion' title on top of the title they already have?

Would that make a dog, CH, NC Dogs Name Goes Here ?

I had a serious think about this while driving on the weekend.

My thoughts are that we organize a letter and we send it to all clubs. For this year the shows that have not been gazzeted it can be added in and for all next year. I suggest as a start only offer class 18/18A and add the others as it gets more popular.

Please add you name to the list to be involved.

I will then set a email tree.

My email is [email protected]

People wishing to be involved with getting Neuter Class Rolling.

Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins Junior

I had a serious think about this while driving on the weekend.

My thoughts are that we organize a letter and we send it to all clubs. For this year the shows that have not been gazzeted it can be added in and for all next year. I suggest as a start only offer class 18/18A and add the others as it gets more popular.

Please add you name to the list to be involved.

I will then set a email tree.

My email is [email protected]

Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins Junior

Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins Junior

Aziah

Lost my post. :cheer::cheer:

Good to see a few names. Hopefully someone will put there hand up from Tas, WA,SA, QLD.

NT seems to be sorted. :rainbowbridge::cheer:

I have just printed off the list of affiliates, All breeds and A&P socities. Same name apprears on a few so that will reduce the number of letters.