American Staffy Breeders

skunk

hey guys, im currently sourcing out breeders of american staffys & need some input by anyone who has bought from particular breeders etc.

iv got a couplda questions tho, iv come across adonas kennels & i really like the look of thier dogs.

can anyone shed some light regrads the breeder? anyone have any of his dogs? apart from looking awesome, are the dogs scanned for health prblms etc? lastly if you own oe of his dogs please comment !

also anyone else who may know of a good breeder in victoria, please feel free to let me know :)

thanks in advanced!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys, im currently sourcing out breeders of american staffys & need some input by anyone who has bought from particular breeders etc.

iv got a couplda questions tho, iv come across adonas kennels & i really like the look of thier dogs.

can anyone shed some light regrads the breeder? anyone have any of his dogs? apart from looking awesome, are the dogs scanned for health prblms etc? lastly if you own oe of his dogs please comment !

also anyone else who may know of a good breeder in victoria, please feel free to let me know :laugh:

thanks in advanced!

Welcome

Best to post this question in the sub breed of this forum.

good luck

Scout

also anyone else who may know of a good breeder in victoria, please feel free to let me know :laugh:

thanks in advanced!

Welcome

Best to post this question in the sub breed of this forum.

good luck

hi scout thanks for that mate.

will post there now

Scout

we got our girl from Zforce Kennels and couldn't ask for a better temperament for a dog and also is very good looking and the breeder is very helpful....the website is www.zforceamstaffs.com....she also has a litter of puppies on the ground at the moment

omfg re the track..

ETA: No pedigree names, no titles, no canine control information or health testing details..

11 male dogs, 26 females. All collared in leather and studs..

Edited by Bonnie Parker

Not that I condone what they do. But I have met a few of their dogs, each one I met seemed to be a bit of a Lush. Bit on the lazy side...not overly smart. But they seemed to be quite nice natured. There is one dog I have some concerns over hip health, but as the owners are in denial there is no evidence to prove either way that the dog has hip issues. Cept that he is frequently lame. Mind you he is also very very straight in the stifle.

I know nothing about the kennel. I only base my observation on what I have seen of the dogs and owners of their dogs I have met. Which is a few, but by no means comprehensive.

The website is definately cheezy, and it is hard not to jump to stereotypes with all that studded leather. But then maybe they are trying to market to a certain demographic...I don't know! But I know they have sold quite a few dogs, and I know a lot of their puppy people will recommend them to others looking for an Am Staff.

Again....I'm not condoning. I don't know them, I haven't heard anything bad. I myself, personally am very put off by their website and lack of information with regard to the breed, the pedigrees, testing, etc......

Look interstate. NSW isn't that far to travel. It's important to choose your breeders carefully, you have to live with that dog for the rest of it's life, so make sure it comes from health tested parents ( hip scored, ataxia clear and eye cert's ), the breeders know and understand the breed standard and breed dogs accordingly. Temperaments and health are very important.

A quality puppy is worth the wait.

I just had a look at the Andonas Kennels website.

Everyone should have a listen to the Andonas Kennels Rap.

Andonas Kennels

Click on the link and scroll to the right and play the track. Classic!

That link should come with a warning. Not safe for sane minds. I couldn't even get to the end.