Natures Gift

My gang are arriving at Byford quarantine in 12 days time from the UK :provoke: I believe you can get food delivered there from Woolworths? I've been looking on their home shopping site but I'm not familiar with the brands listed. Looking at ingredients, Nature's Gift looks like it might be ok as a RAW substitute for a week until we can get to visit them and take some food. Can anyone let me know if this will be an ok food for them ? It looks like it's mostly meat with not too many fillers :)

Also any advice on cat food brands? My Siamese loves one which is literally just shredded chicken meat in a can, does Woolworths stock anything like this? She will be ok on the kibble they feed at Byford until we get to her, but she does like her chicken as well ;)

Hi Crazycresties

I feed the chicken and rice/chicken and oats to my dalmatians and I think it's good stuff. I buy it because one of mine has a health issue and I'm limited in what I can feed him - usually I feed raw to my dogs but I can't with him - or not to the same extent. So while my girl gets a raw diet he gets the natures gift, a little raw and some other stuff.

I asked about NG here as well and someone told me they went to the factory and saw it being made and were impressed at how natural etc it all was. It really is just chicken meat (no offal) and veggies and rice or oats. I can't speak for any other varieties tho.

I also contacted them to ask questions about their product and found them very helpful.

It's the only canned food I will use and I always had a can or two of this on stand by for emergencies even before I got the dally with the health issue :thumbsup:

So in your emergency I think it will do and is certainly better than Pal et al or dry food.

NG is the only tinned food I feed to my dogs - I like that it looks like meat and not jelly! Can be a touch fatty though (may just be the flavours I bought - I think the roo one is okay) I always have some tins in the cupboard for emergencies and I use the little tins for jackpots at agility trials.

12 days - how exciting! :thumbsup:

I have a little foster dog here at the moment and I have bought him some Nature's Gift dry food. It's actually semi dried and is in little pellet form. He eats it with great gusto whereas he refused all the other dry dog foods I offered him.

Even my fussy cats were trying to get the stuff :thumbsup:

I have a little foster dog here at the moment and I have bought him some Nature's Gift dry food. It's actually semi dried and is in little pellet form. He eats it with great gusto whereas he refused all the other dry dog foods I offered him.

Even my fussy cats were trying to get the stuff :confused:

I used that food as training treats :thumbsup: A bag lasts ages!

The dry kibble is the only processed food I can give my allergy prone dog as it is lamb based and he is allergic to chicken. It is great to have in the cupboard when I run out of raw food for him. He has no upset tummy going from the raw to the kibble.

I also use it as training treats for all my dogs.

Hey Golden Rules - I saw the NG kibble for the first time in our local Woolies yesterday and thought I'd give it a go. I was surprised because it's soft and a bit moist which makes me feel better about using it as treats for Tango (given his stone-forming thing he shouldn't eat "dry" food). It looks like good stuff and my two seem to love it.

My dog used to get NG and it was the only thing that didn't give her the runs. However, when we bought it (about 5 years ago) it definitely DID contain offal! I clearly remember finding the odd claw or piece of gut, etc.

Hi Kirty - I don't know about claws LOL I certainly haven't found any hee hee

But my concern was offal - ie kidney and liver - which my dog tango MUST not have in any significant amounts. People who visited the factory confirmed that they definitely didn't put offal in the tinned food so I hope that's always the case. :)

we got some as part of a better homes and gardens gift bag (love how they think of everyone... :cry: )

Kuma loved it... we gave it as a little treat and he kept sniffing out for it. We also use the NG treats, they are the few things he'll work for.

Hey Golden Rules - I saw the NG kibble for the first time in our local Woolies yesterday and thought I'd give it a go. I was surprised because it's soft and a bit moist which makes me feel better about using it as treats for Tango (given his stone-forming thing he shouldn't eat "dry" food). It looks like good stuff and my two seem to love it.

Excellent! :grouphug::)

My gang are arriving at Byford quarantine in 12 days time from the UK :laugh: I believe you can get food delivered there from Woolworths? I've been looking on their home shopping site but I'm not familiar with the brands listed. Looking at ingredients, Nature's Gift looks like it might be ok as a RAW substitute for a week until we can get to visit them and take some food. Can anyone let me know if this will be an ok food for them ? It looks like it's mostly meat with not too many fillers :laugh:

Also any advice on cat food brands? My Siamese loves one which is literally just shredded chicken meat in a can, does Woolworths stock anything like this? She will be ok on the kibble they feed at Byford until we get to her, but she does like her chicken as well :o

I think Fancy Feast do one that is shredded Chicken or Turkey. You could of course, give them raw Roo mince. My cats love it, as long as it isnt one of the supermarket ones as they have too much preservative in it. Your local Pet Food shop should have it.

I used to work for Nature's Gift. There is no offal in the canned food. But I can understand finding a claw in the food. It probably would have arrived stuck to a piece of chicken, some chicken ends up at a dog food factory instead of on the shelf at Coles for a good reason. :rofl:

I never came across anything nasty being found in any of the cans while I was there. It is a good food that I would give my dogs.