Is It To Late?

Marley'z Mum

nope not too late :thumbsup: I wish i had crate trained mine at that age we tried when he was about 9 months but failed due to the week of crying and my OH's lack of patience. I think its an awesome skill for the dogs to be able to happily sit in a crate so they are not shocked/annoyed by the outside world

Im starting agility and will be attempting to crate him there...will see how it goes :confused:

Nope. good age to start - old enough to be able to physically hold on just that wee bit longer. Our nearly 10 week old boys are still in a crate with a playpen for toilet breaks over night (I don't do getting up in the night), nearly ready to try them with just a crate during the day for their afternoon naps :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

no it isnt

i have never crated my dogs but this last one had to be

it was around let me see...golly at least 8months and probably older when i decided that he needed to be in a crate

it took about three nights for him to stop whingeing...but progressed quite quickly and this is a very stubborn wiley boy

just dont give in..no matter the hullaballoo

if you give in then you will undo everything..they have to learnt that theres no way you will let them out

i started in our bedroomand gradually moved him out to the landing

he now has his own couch on the landing...with a doonah to burrow under and hes happy as larry

i dont crate him anymore

he is in the laundry when he needs to be coralled or on the landing when he wants to be near me...eg when im showering but i cant have him on the bed anymore cos OHs allergies flared up again

ummm TeamSnag.... to cut a long story short that I did post in the welcome new member's forum when I first started posting on here.... I basically saved this lil pup from a very bad situation!! so while I realise 3 weeks ago he should have been with his mother, I believe whole heartedly I did this lil man a favour!!

While I haven't raised a pup for about 16yrs, I think I am doing ok :-) I know he can't go anywhere untill he has had his 12wk needles and even after that... an I have been rather paranoid about it to be honest, we have had a slight breakout in parvo in the next suburb to me that has been in the local paper....

there are some ppl that will sell puppies early to make the money... and I understand that some breeders believe that if ppl stop buying them early then there wouldnt be a problem, but let me just assure you I am not one of those ppl, however the ppl selling these puppies well, they didnt live in an environment healthy for ppl, little lone the dogs.... soooooo while i feel I have kinda had a lil telling off by you (:) ;-) jokes)..... in my last post aswell, I am doing the very best I can with this georgeous lil man who I might add is spoilt rotten lol

but thanks for ya comments :-)