Walking In The Rain

I will walk my 2 in the rain. I dont put coats on them though. They love chasing the ball rain, hail or shine. I took my 2 dogs and my 18 month old toddler - they all had a lovely time playing in the puddles :thumbsup:

The worst thing is that I had them professionally groomed (they are poodles) instead of my usual home job and they were looking fantastic - now they are damp and muddy LOL

No coats for my two. They have to walk in the rain in the nude. Neither are bothered by it, in fact, the rain brings out all sorts of interesting smells and sounds and they both love a towel dry when we get home. I bath my dogs very rarely so a good natural rain bath gives them a good rinse!

I don't really like it but once we are out in it its ok. Like C.W, I walk my dogs separately so if its really pelting I get abit grumpy!

NO WAY I would go but it would be by myself! And they have nearly every style and type of coat known to dogdom.

Getting them to pee when it's rain is just about impossible. I do however live on a farm, so the rain stops, we duck outside and they hoon around in 5 acres like mad things for however long, then the rain starts and they are straight beeline to the garage!!

So even though I don't walk as such when it is raining, they are not confined to s suburban backyard.

Edited by Rommi n Lewis

Luckily mine hate the rain. What do they do on rainy days? Stay inside with the heater on....... I have trouble convincing them to even leave their bed. They are happy to do this.......needless guess the breed?? pugs!

Rain, hail or shine here. Heidi has a drizabone that we sometimes use, but when it's bucketing down, there is no point, especially if she is running free. On this particular day, it was pouring hard. When we got home, she wouldn't run to the front door from the garage..... incase she got wet! I don't particularly love the rainy days, but she appreciates it. Better off giving her a walk or free run, or else she is full of mischief for the entire day. Sometimes I go twice a day when it's wet. And I do love the fact that nobody is ever around on these days, so thats a bonus I guess.

LOL I love the head shake off pic!!! :(:)

In the time I have had Skye (9 mths) we have only had 2 days of teaming rain in which I refused to walk! Good ol WA weather :o

Love Shyla's coat - will have to invest in one for Skye as I normally walk every morning (we start in the dark at 6.30am) and

irrespective of weather. Getting colder here now - only 2deg this morning but a beautiful sunny day. :D

Ah we walk 45 minutes after you (around 7.15 til 8) so thank goodness it's light by the time we venture out LOL.

I think I need to stop being a wussy and walk the dog in the rain :)

LOL come onnnn it's fun (... sorta..)

I would never do this because my dogs would both hate me! I say go for it if your dog doesn't mind.. but I just know that mine would not appreciate being wet. One of them is an italian greyhound though.. what do you expect!? Biggest princesses ever LOL.

I walk Sooty on week days before I go to work so a little drizzle is ok but not if it is pouring but on weekends I walk her in the rain as I don't have to worry about looking like a drowned rat :cry: If it starts raining on our walk she will bolt as if to try and out-run the rain then settles into the idea of being wet, she really likes being towel-dried so there is always something nice once we get home. So far this winter I have only missed three mornings though so I think we are doing pretty good!

Yes we walk in the rain, the boyz don't like it to begin with and always want to go back to bed! But since once we are in The Wet it lasts for 4 months they have to walk! I think like me if it looks bleak and grey and very wet they keep thinking it will be cold out there.....it is still a surprise to get out in the rain and it is warm!

annie

I like walking in the rain. Her Ladyship can be a bit precious about the rain/toilet thing, so pairing something she loves (walking), with something she isn't so fussed on (rain) is a good thing.

EFS

Edited by Emm