Where Do Your Dogs Sleep?

Steve

My OH and I eventually ran out of room on the bed ..so we built them a doggie dorm..fans ..aircon..heated pad if cold ...radio ..baby monitor ..my friends all laugh..they are waiting for the plasma screen.. then say they will move in there themselves. We still have several that sleep with us plus any girl on season or getting due to whelp

post-22442-1277816303_thumb.jpg

Most of the time they sleep outside, they are one big family and we have two very large home built kennels that are fully lined and insulated with insulation bats so warm in winter and cool in summer.

We dont have dog runs, they have the full run of the yard as a pack.

However when we have extremely cold weather like this week, or the reverse in summer, we keep them inside. then they are just asked to lay on thier beds in the family room adn they generally stay there all night. :) But :party: sometimes they sneak in and sleep on the floor of the bedroom.

My dogs have their own bedroom with crates and soft "donut" beds directly off the family room :laugh: They have free-range access to the entire living area during the day but a couple still go into their crates during the day anyway. They also get fed in their crates.

Only one dog sleeps in my bed and occasionally a "special" girl (in season) also comes to my bed at night. :)

Anywhere they please is the answer here. The back door has a heavy curtian to keep the heat in and the dogs come and go as they see fit. I have not had a dog sleep with us since we lost the old Borzoi but there is generally a Maremma in the doorway all night, not the same dog all night tho as they swap about.

Linda

The German Pinschers reside in the house and at night in crates in the lounge room. The Shepherds are outside and all have nice beds raised off the ground.

Shepherds have their whelping room out at the back of the house which is heated when needed and their own yard so mom dogs can go and stretch legs when they need to.

Pinschers whelp in the study in a pen.

3 of mine are outside at night. We have a couple of acres so they have their own smallish yard (about the size of a medium backyard) as their night yard. It has shelter (1 Car garage), trampoline beds, crates and 2 runs within it if I need to separate any of them. They sleep here because I like my sleep and dont like the dogs to dictate what time I get up in the morning (when I get a sleep in), which they would do if they slept in crates or runs. I have 1 who sleeps inside as a pet, she sleeps on the floor in the bedroom.

Two sleep in crates and the old girl has the run of the house - she can either sleep in my room or on "her" lounge. During the day, some are in runs and others have free run of the backyard when I am at work otherwise they have access to the house when I am home.

Outside. They overheat quickly indoors with the fire and heaters on during winter. The girls get shut in the garage last thing as they get up to mischief in the dark... Boris will be on his bed under the verandah near the back door - on guard for anything that goes bump in the night (rabbits and possums mostly :mad). Otherwise they all have the run of the 1 acre yard (except when girls are in season!).

edit - late night, spelling fail...

Edited by Alyosha

Anywhere they want. Mostly on mink blankets on the lounges but they have beds all over the place too. Turns each on my bed. One entire boy gets crated inside when girls are on heat as he pees everywhere & scratches the door going nuts. Other times where ever he wants.

Generally each dog has a bed on the floor of different bedrooms, thats were they tend to hang in winter but hot summer nights they often prefer to sleep out in the yard.

Pups are raised under the dining room table so even when a bitch has a litter the mum isn't very far from my bedroom. We have even had occassions for some of the pups to end up sleeping in the dog beds in my bedroom as well.

Pulled the carpet up and put slate thru the bedroom to make it easier for the dogs..... Gee Ive got a good hubby.