Selling Pups With No Papers?

pinky11

Hi

Can registered breeders sell there pups with no papers??

As we're looking for a new pup , i'm emailing registered breeders got one reply sell pups with no papers at $850, with papers an extra $300-400 extra

thanks in advanced.

Hi

Can registered breeders sell there pups with no papers??

As we're looking for a new pup , i'm emailing registered breeders got one reply sell pups with no papers at $850, with papers an extra $300-400 extra

thanks in advanced.

No, its in teh breeders coade of ethics, all pups from the litter MUST be registered. Ether on Main or Limited Papers. Anything esle is dodgy!!

May i ask where you are getting those "breeders" details from ???? I would be very suspicious

Thanks everyone i was thinking the same , the breeder is advertised on DOL, i'm staying away

Responsible reputable registered breeders will provide papers with every puppy! They should also be able to answer your questions regarding the breed, provide breed history and discuss the characteristics of the adult dog. You should be able to see one or both parents.

My advice is ask many questions of the breeder, find out how often they breed and if they are involved in dog activities. If you get the opportunity go and watch them to see what kind of interaction they have with their dogs.

All the best with finding a new addition to your family

Direct quote from the Dogs NSW website.

Note: once you become a member of DOGS NSW, in accordance with the Regulations you may only breed with pedigree dogs on the Main Register of the ANKC Database, register all puppies in a litter and provide the Certificates of Registration & Pedigree to all new owners. You are not permitted to sell any puppies 'without papers' i.e. Certificates of Registration or breed any dogs that are not registered on the Main Register of the ANKC National Database.

So in NSW the answer is definitely no, a breeder is not permitted to sell puppies without papers and I would avoid anyone who offered that option. Also forwarding their email to Dogs NSW for investigation would be a good idea as it is clear breach of the rules.

The best way to find a puppy from a reputable breeder is to ask on here for private recommendations of the breed you are interested in. If you mention the area where you are you might even find a breeder somewhere reasonably close.

Are you also saying that you have had only one reply from emails you have sent? :rofl: What is going on out there? People wanting a fortune to supply what they are ethically bound to supply anyway and others not bothering to reply to queries?

Seems some of the bad press we pedigree breeders are getting is warrented. What an awful shame.

Are you also saying that you have had only one reply from emails you have sent? ;) What is going on out there? People wanting a fortune to supply what they are ethically bound to supply anyway and others not bothering to reply to queries?

Seems some of the bad press we pedigree breeders are getting is warrented. What an awful shame.

Well said. :rofl:

Ok even if you are a great breeder ..sometimes a unplanned pregnancy can occur ..bitch has already had her litters allowed in the time frame allowed ..what do breeders do with the resulting pups that cannot be registered ??

Ok even if you are a great breeder ..sometimes a unplanned pregnancy can occur ..bitch has already had her litters allowed in the time frame allowed ..what do breeders do with the resulting pups that cannot be registered ??

Register them with a explanation. Fine is usually a slap on the wrist first time. $300 next time.

Register them with a explanation. Fine is usually a slap on the wrist first time. $300 next time.

Thanks for that ..information i was not aware of regarding fine ..got slapped on wrist once as I was less than a week out in my breeding schedule..two litters in 18mths

Yes, Bilbo, just what I was about to add. I've been lucky enough for that not to happen, but friends that did have that occur got a letter from the vet to say the bitch was healthy (she was) and the pups were registered with no problem.

They can also, only allow limit register in these circumstances, but all puppies have to be registered and they have to be sold with papers. No exceptions.

For breeders that continue to flaunt the rules, their membership is suspended.

I am constantly amazed at all these posts about people not getting their puppies papers. How hard is it to pay the money and register the litters for goodness sakes! I love giving my puppy people their registration papers in their folder with all the additional information. They are getting so much more than just a puppy for the price they pay. I just spent over an hour each with 3 of my puppy families today, going through everything with them, including their rego papers.

I dont understand these "breeders". Why on earth would you withhold the puppies papers when you had to register them in the first place, as long as they on LR, what difference does it make?

In my opinion there is no valid reason for not registering all puppies in a litter. Code of Ethics aside (since there appears to be a few breeders around that don't care to abide by them) it costs around $25 per puppy to register. Most people buying a puppy would be more than happy to pay that amount to have a record of ancestry and proof that their dog is a true pedigree pure bred. It is a small amount to add to the price of the puppy. So, if it comes down to money, the pup would cost $825, instead of $800 (just pulling that figure out of nowhere for arguments sake). I just don't understand the mentality of 'breeders' that discriminate between papers and no papers :dropjaw:

I am constantly amazed at all these posts about people not getting their puppies papers. How hard is it to pay the money and register the litters for goodness sakes! I love giving my puppy people their registration papers in their folder with all the additional information. They are getting so much more than just a puppy for the price they pay. I just spent over an hour each with 3 of my puppy families today, going through everything with them, including their rego papers.

I dont understand these "breeders". Why on earth would you withhold the puppies papers when you had to register them in the first place, as long as they on LR, what difference does it make?

whipitgood i totally agree with you... here we are trying to promote the benefits of having a purebred dog, one of them being the papers that prove your pup is pure, and the minority out there are ruining the effort others are going to by not abiding by the simple rules!

Don't forget some older breeders say un registered but actually mean limited.

Always ask if the pup is main or limited registered.

that is exactly what I was going to mention.

I found over the year when I inquired about pups from registered breeders within my breed that they simply answered me that pups wont be sold with papers!

After a few more emails I soon realised that this meant the pups were still registered with limited papers, but "no papers" meant it was not on main with papers to be shown or breed - if that makes sense.

So I would do as Oakway mentioned - ask them and any others you manage to get a hold of if pups are registered whether it be main or limited, this will at least rule out any misinterpretations - knowing they are registered is the important thing especially if you want just a pet.

all the best with your searches :)