Matching You Leads To Breeds

Mandalay

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pup has a slate colored body and a white flash on his neck and chest.

I use a black lead most of the time, but sometimes I match the lead to my clothing (ie: bright blue shirt = bright blue lead)

Don't have any bling-bling at the moment but wouldn't mind a few flashy beads for a change.

I have been showing for 18 months. I show one dog. I have 5 show leads. I am looking at 2 more. I buy leads like some people buy shoes or handbags. Is there a therapy group for people like me?

I have been showing for 18 months. I show one dog. I have 5 show leads. I am looking at 2 more. I buy leads like some people buy shoes or handbags. Is there a therapy group for people like me?

:champagne: I think you are asking the wrong crowd here :)

I do not know any show person that has not got a lead fettish / Shampoo fettish / Brush Fettish or a plain dog obsession :):happydance:

Imagine what I have got after 40 years, I could go on "Hoarders" :cooldance:

After having Working dogs, Gundogs & now Toys, Show & Obedience :thumbsup:

:champagne: I think you are asking the wrong crowd here :)

I do not know any show person that has not got a lead fettish / Shampoo fettish / Brush Fettish or a plain dog obsession :):happydance:

Imagine what I have got after 40 years, I could go on "Hoarders" :cooldance:

After having Working dogs, Gundogs & now Toys, Show & Obedience :thumbsup:

I am fast joining your group. I have a double coated breed. I think I own every grooming product and shampoo currently on the market. I have to steel myself each week. "Don't visit the dog shop, you DON'T need another product, pair if scissors, lead!" My dog has a whole cupboard at home dedicated to all her crap (oops, things).

Edited by jr_inoz

Best hurry up and find one as Little Poodie ( 4 years old ) has a lead collection all of her own too :) Before Tiny Tots class, we have the discussion about which lead will go with her jacket and which bait bag she should wear :)

Unfortunately I cant have those pretty beaded collars and leads with my Rottweilers so I use Brass Fur Savers with a brown leather lead. I have seen some gorgeous leather collars that I would love to buy that are made in Kenya that would look awesome on them (but not for showing, for showing its the fursavers).

Unfortunately I cant have those pretty beaded collars and leads with my Rottweilers so I use Brass Fur Savers with a brown leather lead. I have seen some gorgeous leather collars that I would love to buy that are made in Kenya that would look awesome on them (but not for showing, for showing its the fursavers).

why not trina?? i show mine on them either leather or paracord with a snake chain they have been plenty strong enough for my dogs thoughi am looking for a nice leather lead for the specialties

I'm in the process now of making some leads for a German Shepherd lady for show so I don't see why you couldn't use kangaroo lace leads with a choker.

I'm in the process now of making some leads for a German Shepherd lady for show so I don't see why you couldn't use kangaroo lace leads with a choker.

I also get some lovely kangaroo lace leads from a lady who makes them for me. she uses an inner core for extra strength, so would probably be fine for a Rottie in the show ring.

I also get some lovely kangaroo lace leads from a lady who makes them for me. she uses an inner core for extra strength, so would probably be fine for a Rottie in the show ring.

That's what I use. It is a 50lb monofilament, normally used for tuna fishing! And I also splice extra lengths through the handle and clip ends so that there is more support as well. They're certainly not flimsy!

That's what I use. It is a 50lb monofilament, normally used for tuna fishing! And I also splice extra lengths through the handle and clip ends so that there is more support as well. They're certainly not flimsy!

yeah - the lady who does mine uses an inner core that is rated to around 90lb - 100lb - way more than i need for my 7kg girl. I suspect the weakest part might be the clip.