Matching You Leads To Breeds

Mandalay

:rofl: Just thought about this topic..

I would like to know what colour Breeds you have and what colour lead you would use ??

Some say match the Breed colour others have different colours Beaded or non beaded.....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My black tri colour australian shepherd bitches have pink and purple leash sets.

My Black tri colour australian shepherd male has a red set and a dark blue set.

When my red merle australian shepherd male was here, his was a green set.

ETA: Never mind thought you were talking about in general.

My show leashes are silver or black.. that's all i have.

Edited by Bonnie Parker

I match leads to the dogs colour. I tend to use dark brown leads on brindle parti's. The lighter the dog the lighter the lead. I have a tan one for the fawns and I'm getting a new one, made by a dol'er :rofl: , to match my blue brindle boy. I wouldn't use a brown lead on a brindle dilute, it clashes IMO.

I do a variety of things....

I use a lead that blends with my dog but also matches my outfits.

I have a sable and often wear a red jacket, or pink jacket.

I have a red beaded lead and a pink beaded lead.

I also have a purple lead, that I would use with a tri or blue merle (planning on lending it to someone who does)

post-23544-1278404942_thumb.jpg

I match colour to dog - Weimaraner has either a greyish brown martingale or a snake chain with grey lead... we chop and change depending on her mood :rofl:

The blue belton/tri English Setter I used grey slip collar

I bought a lovely light tan lead for my orange belton but I never really got to use it ;)

OES is snake chain with extra short (but fairly thick) white lead.

Edited by SparkyTansy

I match colour of lead to colour of dog, the idea being that the lead should be as unobtrusive as possible.

My only concession to that is on paracord leads, I have had a bit of bling with a different colourway for each individual dog. HOWEVER, now that I seem to have "outgrown" my "bling" phase, I'm just going for uber-basic and uber-classy plain kangaroo leather leads for each dog. :rofl:

I have 2 leads, a plain black one with a plaited neck piece, which works well with Portia's sable colouring.

I also have a white and gold beaded lead, which also matches quite well for a bit of sparkle. Blaze has inherited that one as the black suits Portia better I think.

:laugh: This seems so interesting, to me anyway :)

I spoke to a Pom exhibitor the other week and she has gold leads with as much bling as possible, with little hearts and ingots everywhere, they were so cute...

I have leads for fawns , Apricots & Blacks...........some tell me I should show a Fawn dog in a black lead, but like you said Ellz I have always tried to make the lead not a stand out from the dog.......hummm But then I have shown in cord of Maroon, Green & Brown but always Black for the Black dogs....

I like the beaded one's which I have but have not used them as yet.

Would you think to much bling would take it away from the dog ???

I found bling to be quite distracting when watching judging. If the sun hits it, it really does take your eye away from the dog. But that said, each to their own. It's just not MY way. I believe that the lead, and the handler, should be as invisible as possible.

i tend to show in the type of lead that the dog prefers and then I just go mad with the colours! My black boy had a bright lime green lead as a baby!!! Now heis on a black bling lead and we both love it. my girl is on hot pink bling!!

:laugh::laugh: ;) :thumbsup: Here we are talking about multiple leads.

When I was at the Cnberra Royal this year Sarge was the steward. He was recounting a story about a Canada Judge who said he had just judged toys in Canada.

Time for Chi's, ladies (read little old) line ring side with a trolley load of chi's and ONE lead. He manages the class. :)

Come to Perth and bugger me if the ladies (littel old) have not followed him. :):rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sarge adds to the story with between swapping the one lead they are trying to decide which dog is in which class. :eek:

I match lead to dog.

Morgan has a brown and gold plaited kangaroo leather lead with simple bling - gold chain

Flynn has a blue/green, white and silver plaited kangaroo lead with bling - silver snake chain

Caber is a red (okay techically grizzle & tan but his grizzling is almost invisible!) Border Terrier and has a sprenger choker on a dark/hunter green paracord lead (no blind).

Ziva is a grizzle & tan Border terrier (grizzle is always heavy and the tan is quite pale), she has a very fine chain with a plain black plaited leather lead which was a present when she got her title :)

Baby Casey is a rich grizzle & tan Border, currently on a black paracord lead (the kind with the metal slider to tighten it around the neck), with purple & silver blind. I LOVE her lead, although I'm not a huge fan of bling, but now want to put her on a fine chain like her mother and use a paracord lead (same design would be nice!!).