Tango Made A Big Breakthrough - Updated

spottychick

Today I took the dogs for a walk and had the new eye-protecting visor on Tango. When we got home I thought I'd give him a break from wearing it so I took it off.

THen I sat down to play on the puter while Pepper dozed off in the basket next to me. Tango was in another bed behind me when suddenly he decided he wanted to cuddle so he CLIMBED INTO PEPPER'S BED and sat looking at me. LMAO

Pepper woke up and sort of slowly started to get out (which she usually does coz he barks at her and makes her move) but he just glanced at her and did nothing. So she stayed in the bed and WENT BACK TO SLEEP with Tango sitting next to her.

I know this doesn't sound like much but for these two this a massive breakthrough - sleeping together is no longer a remote possibility. Tango stayed there with Pepper sleeping next to him for at least 20 minutes.

I took some photos but I had difficulties LOL so they aren't very good and the darn flash kept going off because it was a bit overcast.

Here he is giving me a rare lick with Pepper sleeping next to him

4786335458_e1f1550299_b.jpg

10 minutes later and she's still there and so is he!

4785702791_d01461dd58_b.jpg

Edited by spottychick

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaawwww how WONDERFUL for you. I do know exactly what you mean though. Such a small thing but it is really HUGE in terms of development. Well done.

You know you have the worlds best dog-trainer there in Miss Pepper. She sounds like an absolute delight and despite being bossed aroud by Tango, a great role model for him. Are you sneaking her extra treats and cuddles when you can?

You know you have the worlds best dog-trainer there in Miss Pepper. She sounds like an absolute delight and despite being bossed aroud by Tango, a great role model for him. Are you sneaking her extra treats and cuddles when you can?

You betcha! :laugh:

Yes it is thrilling! ANd so very heart-warming. ANd yes it is the visor thing from the New Inventor guy :) Tasi something is his name. Did you see the pics of Tango wearing it I posted?

Edited by spottychick

Yes it is thrilling! ANd so very heart-warming. ANd yes it is the visor thing from the New Inventor guy :) Tasi something is his name. Did you see the pics of Tango wearing it I posted?

No, I will go to the thread now.

Edited to add: The visor is great!! What a terrific invention: simple and so effective.

Edited by Mother Moocher

OH MY GOD!! I knew after yesterday that this would be more likely to happen but I totally didn't expect it to be so soon. Just one day later!!!

post-10457-1279004528_thumb.jpg

Look at THAT!!!! Sleeping together at last!!!!! I am absolutely thrilled!! :confused::rofl:

It was so funny. First Pepper was in the bed and Tango climbed in so Pepper got out. So Tango got out too then got back in. So then Pepper waited and looked at me for a bit then she got back in and Tango got out. Then neither were in the bed for a minute hahahaha

So then Tango got back in and Pepper climbed in next to him and Tango stayed!!! And so did Pepper!!

And there they remain half an hour later. Both sound asleep!

They've done it!! Shown each other trust!!! I'm all crying n stuff - such a sook - and dying to go to the loo but if I do they'll get up and the moment will be over....... :rofl:

They've done it!! Shown each other trust!!! I'm all crying n stuff - such a sook - and dying to go to the loo but if I do they'll get up and the moment will be over....... :confused:

Well, me too, crying n stuff. So DOGGONE happy for your s/chick and the spotted ones too. Jeez you've held out for this for so long and now it has happened.

Over the moon stuff !!!

i know i know - i cant even type properly coz the lights not on and ive been trying not to disturb them LMAO

I dont often do it but I'm going SQUEEEEEEEE about this one LOL

I think I need to get up tho otherwise there'll be a nasty accident so it will be interesting to see if they go back into bed together afterwards!!

and another SQUUEEEEEEEEE for good measure :D

Awww, this is lovely. My big boy is funny about his personal space and won't let other dogs lie near him. We squee'd lots when he came and lay down next to our puppy!! They still don't do it often but it's gorgeous when they do.

Would that be Satchmo? He looks like a character.

Pepper has always snuggled in with two other dogs since she was a pup so she's had a hard time fathoming Tango's behaviour! ANd I always felt sad for her because it's all she wants to do. Plus it would help Tango stay warm if he'd snuggle with her.

Loraine - and largely also down to training and persistence on Peppers part LOL :D

I've been reading your posts since the beginning and I thought that you had a huge job in front of you and wondered if it would be worth it...................well congratulations. :D

Tango is such a lucky dog to have someone willing and able to help him.

Hey scarlet - yes it did all seem so insurmountable a few months ago - even to me!!! Tango has come such a long LONG way, more than I could have hoped for!

Mind you, Pepper always seemed to have less of an issue with it all than anyone LOL It was like she's always had this approach of " Aaawwww sooner or later this odd new spunky dude will get over whatever it is that's making him so :D and be all nice n stuff and then we can be bestest buddies of anyone ever and sleep together and run off into the forest and eat smelly disgusting things and swap stinky breath and get mud all over the floor when we get home and play tug with mums slippers and ... and ..... and ........ all sorts of rooly kewl things!!!!!" :) Seriously, I'm certain she'd talk like that if she could talk.