Believe It Or Not!

Kirislin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that's noticed the poor dog's deformed front legs?

No, but I've seen much worse on MaltxShihtzu's around here. I keep wondering if there were others in the litter and how they turned out. I also keep wondering if it was a deliberate mating. :p

Deformed?? Because he has got kinda knock knees?

Eeeeek

My wee foxy/shih tzu has little knock knees when viewed from front on (not too bad but visible). They don't hinder her at all and we had the vet check them when we first got her and he said she will be fine.

I have seen purebred shih's with that so I thought it was just what they looked like, is it really deformed? Can this cause issues later at all?

A few years ago I worked with someone who thought it was funny that his Shetland stallion had got under the fence and was trying to serve his Clydesdale mare. He went to get a halter to catch the pony and came out to find the mare had obligingly backed up to a dam bank and the Shetland was very appreciative. The resulting foal was actually quite nice - about 13:2 with a pony head and Clydesdale colouring but very hairy. He was sold to someone who broke him to harness and was very happy with him. The mating wasn't repeated.

:p :laugh::laugh::laugh::eek::o Where there is a will there is a way. ;) :(:(:)

Am I the only one that's noticed the poor dog's deformed front legs?

Nope and sadly I see legs like that just about every day of the week and they look pretty good compared to some of them.

:p

:rofl: :D :cheer::cheer::o:rofl: Where there is a will there is a way. ;) ;) ;) ;)

I know this better as "Where they is a willy there is a way" :rofl:

Pup is quite cute in an accidental mating kind of way. Hopefully all pups will be sterilised and steps taken so that the mating can't be repeated :)

It;'s not that ugly.. just looks like most other mongrel chihuahua x's. :D

Oh gee is it necessary to be so harsh? how about a little bit of compassion?

What the?

I don't see harsh, I see the exact same thing I was thinking. :rofl:

What the?

I just have a thing about the word "mongrel" - sounds like a putdown.

What the?

Sounds like it, but it isn't.

There's even a thread in the breed sub-directory called, "Mutts and Mongrels".

QUOTE (Cordelia @ 17th Jul 2010 - 07:17 PM)

It;'s not that ugly.. just looks like most other mongrel chihuahua x's.

You have a thing about the word.. not me. It's a crossbreed.. therefore, it is a mongrel. No different to calling a female canine a bitch.. :rofl:

QUOTE (Cordelia @ 17th Jul 2010 - 07:17 PM)

It;'s not that ugly.. just looks like most other mongrel chihuahua x's.

You have a thing about the word.. not me. It's a crossbreed.. therefore, it is a mongrel. No different to calling a female canine a bitch.. :rofl:

Well, given that I have a thing about that word, I assume that there may be other individuals that may share my sentiments and I would think that it wouldn't be too much to ask of you to exercise some diplomacy ?? I don't see too many pet owners calling their female dog a "bitch"....unless of course we are talking about breeders or for that matter owners of crossbred dogs referring to their beloved pet as a "mongrel." :D

Edited by Moselle

Fair enough.. :rofl: Many people I know refer to their female dogs as a 'bitch' simply because I do have many friends who are breeders and veterinary people so it's not even remotely derogatory... if pet owners get offended by proper terminology on a dog forum, then it's their issue, not mine.

I don't think my comments were undiplomatic so we shall agree to disagree and move on from it. :D

I would be more inclined to say it's a daschund/chi. There isnt a single Bullmastiff Characteristic in that dog anywhere.

There are MANY crossbred dogs out there who look nothing like one of the breeds known to be a part of the mix. That's the wonders of genetics and the stupidity of crossbreeding... never a guarantee of what the progeny will look like.

I don't see too many pet owners calling their female dog a "bitch"....unless of course we are talking about breeders or for that matter owners of crossbred dogs referring to their beloved pet as a "mongrel." :cheer:

I can understand why people would get upset about their dogs being called a mongrel. But I know plenty of people who refer to their dogs as mongrels lovingly - both crossbreds and pures :rofl:

But are you telling me that we are no longer allowed to call our female dogs bitches? All in the name of political correctness, because "someone" might get offended :D

I don't see too many pet owners calling their female dog a "bitch"....unless of course we are talking about breeders or for that matter owners of crossbred dogs referring to their beloved pet as a "mongrel." :cheer:

I can understand why people would get upset about their dogs being called a mongrel. But I know plenty of people who refer to their dogs as mongrels lovingly - both crossbreds and pures :rofl:

But are you telling me that we are no longer allowed to call our female dogs bitches? All in the name of political correctness, because "someone" might get offended :D

Its a bit of a joke isn't it. :cheer: They're DOGS people, not furry children or fur people. Treat them like dogs and call them by their species correct gender names. Calling a female dog a bitch is no more offensive than calling a female horse a mare.

Rommi is a bitch

1 - because she is a female dog

2 - because she got up onto a dining chair and ate the kids tea!

I have no problem with anyone calling her a bitch as that is what she is. I generally use the term cross breed, not because I don't like them being called mongrels, just because that is what they do. I do not see it as a term meant to be a putdown. It is just a term.

I think someone is pulling someone's leg in regards to this alledged mix.

I would be more inclined to say it's a daschund/chi. There isnt a single Bullmastiff Characteristic in that dog anywhere.

Well there are certainly some bullbred characteristics in there, particularly in the head. Whereas I can not see a single dachshund characteristic in there, no daxy ears, no daxy muzzle, no daxy coat and it has even longer legs than a daxy.

I don't see too many pet owners calling their female dog a "bitch"....unless of course we are talking about breeders or for that matter owners of crossbred dogs referring to their beloved pet as a "mongrel." :love:

I can understand why people would get upset about their dogs being called a mongrel. But I know plenty of people who refer to their dogs as mongrels lovingly - both crossbreds and pures :laugh:

But are you telling me that we are no longer allowed to call our female dogs bitches? All in the name of political correctness, because "someone" might get offended :laugh:

As I said, the word "bitch" is commonly used by breeders; I know more than my fair share of people and I cannot recall one single person referring to their female dog as a "bitch" lol. Not a common term. It isn't a case of being politically correct. Having said that, I feel more uncomfortable with the word "mongrel" esp. in a forum such as this one when it is commonly strewn around as an intended putdown. Anyway, as Cordellia has said, it is time to move on from here :eat:

Edited by Moselle