Berwick Agility Trial Cancelled

Dear Entrants

It is with regret that the Berwick Obedience Dog Club announce that due to the state of the club grounds being water logged, that the club has decided to cancel the agility trial that was planned for Sunday 25th July. If we could foresee fine weather in the coming week, the ground may have had enough time to dry and be safe to run on but it has been deemed by the Agility Committee to be unsafe at this time.

If you have sent Money Orders for your entries, I will arrange to have a club cheque sent to you as quickly as possible to refund your money. If you have sent personal cheques, they will be destroyed unless you have entered in the last 10 days and I have an envelope here to return your cheque here. If you are concerned, email me in the next few days and I will mail cheques back to competitors upon request.

Again, our apologises but we do not feel that the ground is safe for dogs or handlers to compete on.

Regards

Joanne Samuelson

Trial Secretary

--------------------

Please pass it around, what a pity, I was really looking forward to this trial as well!

What a shame for all concerned. The entrants, as well as the organisers, who already would have put a lot of work into organising the event.

But good on the Club for considering safety first.

It is a shame, I was looking forward to coming down to check out an agility trial. If you have seen the grounds though you would understand why.

In the 3 years I've been training at Berwick I've never seen the grounds like this, what isn't under water is just slush. It has been very unfortunate that heavy rain several weeks ago water logged the grounds and there has been just enough rain each week since to stop the grounds drying and deepen the mud. Obedience is challenging but still possible but there is no way you could run dog sports there at the moment, the only way we are getting any flyball training done is to retreat to the top of the adjacent embankment.

It is a shame, I was looking forward to coming down to check out an agility trial. If you have seen the grounds though you would understand why.

In the 3 years I've been training at Berwick I've never seen the grounds like this, what isn't under water is just slush. It has been very unfortunate that heavy rain several weeks ago water logged the grounds and there has been just enough rain each week since to stop the grounds drying and deepen the mud. Obedience is challenging but still possible but there is no way you could run dog sports there at the moment, the only way we are getting any flyball training done is to retreat to the top of the adjacent embankment.

It is a shame, I have never seen it this bad either, it just isn't drying.

Flyball was interesting on top of the hill though :rolleyes:

Regards

Joanne Samuelson

Trial Secretary

Joanne used to live and trial in WA - its a small world.

Sorry to hear the trial has been cancelled - lots of work to refund monies etc but worth it for the safety of our kids.

What a shame, but totally understandable. I train at the club too, I haven't been for the last two weeks, its just a big mud pit. Georgia wouldn't even sit, let alone do a drop out there, little princess! :laugh:

I'm embarassed to take my dog to classes at the moment, it is not a good look when an instructors blue class dog won't sit in the mud :laugh: