Litters Due August 2010

weisnjac

Looking like it'll be tonight, temp dropped to 36.9 at 3pm, she's very unsettled so the wait begins........ :o

Any news? I hope all is going well! :crazy:

Unfortunately things didn't go well, :rofl: we ended up with an emergency c-section at 10 this morning after not being able to get onto my vet late last night, it is a 2 hour drive down. Anyway there were 2 very big healthy boys, the other 2 puppies were partly reabsorbed and not much left of them (I suppose they were the girls!) :laugh:

Had mum desexed at the same time, she's still very dopey & not happy having the puppies.She has lots of milk & they are feeding well, both around 440 gms & eating well.

Thanks for your concerns. :cool:

Jan.

Congratulations on your 2 healthy babies Maggies Mum :clap: I'm glad that after a stressful labour you have healthy babies and a healthy mum.

Ruby had her babies this morning (scheduled c-section) - we have 5 little boys and 4 little girls, we have one baby at 440gms and the rest are between 500 - 580gms. Ruby is being good (so far!!) and is happy to lay down and feed them although we don't have much milk yet :cheer: She's happy to wash them and likes to check on them in their little box so fingers crossed that she is a great mum! If all goes according to plan Parkeyre two babies are coming to SA - you'll have to have cuddles at a show! I'll upload some pictures soon xx

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had eight baby Cockers arrive five days early on Tuesday (10th Aug.) Unfortunately we lost three - one that was stillborn, and another two littlies the following night. :cry: The others are doing well now, there is one little girl who only weighed 90 grams on arrival but is battling on. She has put on 20 grams in the last two days. We have four orange roan girls and one blue roan girl. It's just heartbreaking to lose them but need to focus now on the others and do the best we can for them.

Sorry to hear about your little bubs Ellie :) Go that little 90gm bubba..... just love :heart: the underdogs, she will be special ;)

Lucky you getting all girls!

Sounds like you have a lovely litter there Talisker, look forward to photos of them :p

weisnjac any news? Hope all is travelling well :laugh: will look in later to see if there is any news :wave:

Sadly she had uterine inertia, she is 7 this month & her only other litter was 5 years ago, so knew it was on the cards(she had 8 last time easily). Had taken her down to see the vet Monday morning as I was a bit worried that she wasn't as big as I'd expected for 4-5 pups as had shown up on ultra sound, had a progesterone test done which showed she wasn't ready yet, another couple of days.Also had an ultrasound done, which showed they were still alive & kicking but apparently when done at a late stage like this is not accurate for doing a head count??? cause they can get behind each other.

The desexing shouldn't alter her milk making though have heard mixed reports on this. Will let you know. :)

cheers,

Jan.

As you're discovering but just to reassure you - we have had about 6 rescue bitches need c-sections and each of them have been desexed at the same time with no problems at all with feeding. One had a ruptured uterus so bad that the vet didn't expect her to be able to urinate again and expected her to be need to be pts with the pups the next day. She fed her pups so well that we were still struggling to wean them at 6 weeks.

Stella had her puppies today! I'm so used to having early morning whelpings so this was nice, started at 1.45pm and all over by 4.30pm.

We have 3 girls and a boy. The boy and one girl have classic markings (Head & Tail), the smaller girl has the same with an extra spot on her side, and the last girl is a clown face (tan one side, white the other)! Never had one of those before but she is super cute!

Stella is an excellent mum, so proud of her :)

Looking like it'll be tonight, temp dropped to 36.9 at 3pm, she's very unsettled so the wait begins........ :laugh:

Any news? I hope all is going well! ;)

Unfortunately things didn't go well, :p we ended up with an emergency c-section at 10 this morning after not being able to get onto my vet late last night, it is a 2 hour drive down. Anyway there were 2 very big healthy boys, the other 2 puppies were partly reabsorbed and not much left of them (I suppose they were the girls!) :)

Had mum desexed at the same time, she's still very dopey & not happy having the puppies.She has lots of milk & they are feeding well, both around 440 gms & eating well.

Thanks for your concerns. :heart:

Jan.

Maggie-Mae

I am so sorry to hear this news and I know exactly what you have gone through as I went through it in April. Chin up and enjoy the 2 you have. Your girl sounds like a great mum.

Sorry to hear of all the losses :o this breeding business is so god damn hard isnt it??!!

Maggie-Mae - Raven looks very proud of her babies. Great photo.

Weisnjac - well done with your babies so exciting

Talisker - hope your girls milk has come in by now.

More photos please!!

I totally agree Oakeydoak about how scary this breeding business is ..the more i learn & the more I read the more worried I become as my girls approach whelping ..always so glad when their safe day for pups survival passes . New mums terrify me as my girls are small ..always worry till that first pup is born & then at least I know pelvic size is Ok ..then worry about everything else ..Sometimes I wonder why in the hell we do it ...then you see a very proud mum & wonderful healthy pups & know why :o

Two weeks to go for my girl ..think she will look like a whale by the time she whelps ..she had a fairly easy time for her first litter (5 from a tiny girl) so hoping all well this time again.

We just lost our tiny girl. I knew it was going to be difficult, but just so bloody sad. :confused:

Congratulations to everyone whose puppies have arrived safely and RIP to the little ones lost. :confused:

:laugh: I'm so sorry to hear that Ellie :mad

I have updated the first post with the surviving puppies, if anyone wants the ones who passed included, let me know and I will change it.

We have had our very first litter this evening, of 2 boys and 2 girls, one boy came out quite distressed, but had perked up by the last whelp. Mum and pups are doing well.

Congratulations Suki.

How are you doing? Eyes hanging out your head yet? :)

Ellie - I'm so sorry you lost your little girl - losing babies is so heartbreaking, even when we've only known them a few days :)

Suki's mum - congratulations on your first litter! 4 healthy babies - Yay!! I hope you get some sleep today :laugh: My first litter was 13 freewhelped babies - not much sleep in our household for weeks!!!

An Update from me - we've had a really stressful time, I'm a majpr control freak so have been a bit worried about how this would go as I'm on clinical placement at the moment and my wonderful hubby is on 2 year old child and puppy duty!

I felt like everything was going along nicely - Ruby's milk has come in and she's a great mum. Yesterday morning she had a nosebleed. She was fine when hubby did the 4 am feed. We took her off to the vet for check up and blood tests and the end result is I have a mum on IV fluids! Thank god I'm a vet nurse(training to be a human nurse) and was able to put up the IV and maintain the fluids at home so Rubes can stay with her babies. We're still not really sure what is going on, but she is eating and drinking well this morning and we changed antibiotics last night so fingers crossed all will be smooth sailing from here! Her IV will come down this morning - the babies are off having their dewclaws removed and Rubes is sleeping. I have 4 more days of clinical placement to get through, hopefully everything keeps improving!!

I honestly don't know if it is the cortisone she was given the morning of the caesar - or just one of those wierd things that happen when you breed. Any thoughts or suggestions would be very welcome! SHe'll eat chicken and drink diluted puppy milk ( I mix in egg as well) and I've made her some chicken soup today. She won't eat any dry food (I've tried advance and Royal canin) and the only other thing I can get her to eat is whiskas casserole (eww!). I'll get some liver today and a few different tasty things at the butcher for her.

I'll post some pictures hopefully tomorrow :laugh:

Oh Ellie, I'm so sorry you lost your little girl, she will be another gorgeous angel over the bridge :eek:

Fantastic news from you Suki's Mum, a lovely even litter with 2 of each sex,hope they are coming along in leaps & bounds :cry:

Talisker,I've never heard of that happening before so cannot add anymore to what you know but am sending healing vibes to Ruby so she can concentrate on her job of mother to her babies :confused: hope all goes well ;)

Just a quick update on the boys, they have more than doubled their weight at 5 days and look like hitting the 1kg mark at 1 week! :laugh: They are real little piglets! :laugh:

I hope everyone's babies are doing well. My girls babies are coming along in leaps and bounds, my big boy now weights 334g at day 3 :scold:

:rofl: My JRT babies didn't weigh that much on day 5 :scared: I'll try and get some photo's of my little ones up soon, they are growing so fast!