Rip My Darling Bonnie

dunnwarren

With tears in my eyes I said goodbye to my darling Bonnie this morning. She had suffered from fits since January but the medication was helping and she hadn't had a fit since starting the medication, then this morning she had another one. Finally when she came out of it she couldn't see or hear me, just kept pacing and running into things. I knew the time had come and I know it was the kindest thing to do but still doesn't make it any easier. She was nearly 14 years young and my heart dog, there will never be another one like her. She is now buried under the tree with her friend Tiffany. RIP my darling girl, you were the best dog anyone could have had.

• 4 weeks later...

Sleep well, beautiful Bonnie. I too, used to pray that I would find Paddy in a forever-sleep one day, but as with us humans, it doesn't happen too often. Once, my daughter thought Paddy had gone, because he was sleeping so soundly, and I rushed to check, only to feel a horrible sense of guilt that I felt almost bad that it wasn't true. I just had always wanted him to go just that way... I know that you know we did what was right, but that cannot ease our pain. Cherrish your memories of all the happy times shared. It's what I do, because I have to. In my dreams, Paddy is always young, beautiful, healthy and strong. And that's how I believe he will be when he meets me at the bridge, as will your darling Bonnie. Love to you.xox. :o