I Have A New Puppy!

Dee_al

there is the same discussions happening in the US regarding red Boston Terriers. the breeders there are also of the opinion that breeding just for red is not good and honestly, i have seen pics of the reds and they are sometimes huge and way outside the standard. they are also afflicted with skin problems....and most importantly, they are NOT recognised colour in legitimate kennel clubs.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The American Chesapeake Club has people campaigning to get diltue (ash) Chessies removed from the standard because they are scared fad breeding will hit ash chessies which would be horrible, they may look cuddly but they are working dogs with huge exercise needs that the average dog owner couldn't manage, the amount of adolesent Chessies dumped would skyrocket if puppy farms/bybs got thier hands on some ash chessies. :thumbsup:

And this is where a line should be drawn... removing colours from the gene pool for fear of BYBs is obviously a bad thing, but to lose a colour from the chessie gene pool imo is like taking away a section of their history. If the colour is banned, I'd say it'd be more likely to be a risk of being a BYB if someone got hold of some - just like what happened with the blue weimaraner - a disqualifying fault in the standard, and rediculous numbers being bred in the US, and this has now spread to the UK and Europe. :laugh:

There are very few ash Chessies around as it is, many pups born ash turn into a deadgrass BUT the only breeders known to have ash dogs are breeding them to brown dogs so they can crop up again but they don't have ash pups. In Chessies no ethical breeder would breed ash to ash because the dilution would wash out the yellow/amber eyes required in the standard.

Dee al, enjoy your new puppy regardless of what colour he is. But do be aware and keep an eye out for any issues that may be more common in his particular colour. Insurance is a good idea for any new puppy :thumbsup:

Colour aside, I hope Dee al has chosen a pup the opposite sex to her Labrador.

they are the same sex, except the lab doesnt live in the same house as to where this puppy will live.

I didnt go out and buy the first puppy i found, and i also know that the kennel name doesnt have blue in their name watsoever. Both parents have had all the necssesary health checks and neither of the parents have had any skin or health problems. I did research on different breders around, because i wouldnt buy a puppy from just anyone.

Supposedly it does and I have seen a few pics of ash chessies with VERY light eyes as opposed to a distinct yellow. The brown bitch has what is temed 'amber' eyes in Chessies, yellow is like Lincoln in my sig.

3GirlzDock.jpg

Edited by valleyCBR

oh yeah hes gonna be cuddeled with me a fair bit lol. Im counting down the days till sat, so i can pick him up!

Hoping Stanley(currrent staffy) doesnt get too jealous though....

lovely pup congrates

(i had a male rotti and a male entire neo masstiff together and they only had one issue ever and it was when the rotti was dieing and had a fit. the neo attacked him :thumbsup: )

so do you have another male staffy as well????

then good luck LOL my mate had a female and male and had to get rid of the female as she started some scary fights.

Edited by dogluva101

oh yeah hes gonna be cuddeled with me a fair bit lol. Im counting down the days till sat, so i can pick him up!

You already have a Male stafford?

You already have a Male stafford?

Oh gosh :|