I Have A New Puppy!

Dee_al

As a few of you may remember, my OH and i have been looking for a puppy for a little while now. We finally found one! we will be picking him up this weekend! It is going to be a very long week :(

Edited by Dee_al

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes a little blue staffy. My OH loves staffies, so we talked about it and the puppy we would buy would be a staffy. He has alwys wanted a blue staffy, so the breed and colour was pretty much decided, but i was the one who was to pick the actual puppy itself.

ETA- i know alot of you told me to pck another colour, but i am well aware of the health issues that may occur with this particular colour, Ive done a lot of reasearch on it and ill continue to research it. The puppy is for a pet and a companian, not breeding, showing etc.

Edited by Dee_al

Ill upload them soon. Ive only got the pics the breeder has sent me so ill have to get her permission before i use her pics..otherwise ill post some as soon as i get him home...now to pick oujt a name....

ETA- i know alot of you told me to pck another colour, but i am well aware of the health issues that may occur with this particular colour, Ive done a lot of reasearch on it and ill continue to research it. The puppy is for a pet and a companian, not breeding, showing etc.

Congratulations on your new puppy, I sincerely hope he is free of health issues as pet puppies are as important as show puppies, neither deserve to suffer because of colour.

Congratulations on your new puppy, I sincerely hope he is free of health issues as pet puppies are as important as show puppies, neither deserve to suffer because of colour.

Buyers don't deserve second rate pups, just because they are purchasing a pet.

Not every puppy is perfect but they should all come from matings where the breeder considers the best interests of the breed, not $$$ and colour.

Dee al, whatever you do.

Take out pet insurance!!!

If you do experience the common health issues associated with this colour, you'll be grateful you did BEFORE they manifested.

Feed only a premium or a raw diet to this pup. Feeding cheap kibble will be begging for issues. So will washing it in cheap shampoos.

Edited by poodlefan

I am feeling your pain. My little girl arrives tomorrow night and it feels like an age until then. I can't imagine waiting until the weekend! :laugh:

Her flight gets in at 11:00pm :laugh: and I should get to meet her at about 11:30pm. ;) I think I'll leave introducing her to the rat bags until Thursday morning. I've tried to tell them that they have a little sister coming, but whenever I say sister CK runs over to find Xena! ;)

Dogs of dilute colours can suffer from a range of skin and hair issues.

In a breed noted for the sensitivity of its skin, a pretty common result for blue SBTs is a dog that has bad skin allergies and/or hair loss.

SBTs do seem to be prone to skin issues, not necessarily just the blue ones either, they seem quite prone to flea allergy dermatitis and the like.

PF, how much more common is it with the blues, do you know? And can it be controlled with good flea protection etc?

In addition to PF's fine response - breeding dogs of a specific colour because they are that colour is not a practice used by ethical breeders.

Aussie3. Staffords from ethical breeders don't tend to have major skin issues. Good breeders avoid breeding from animals with allergy issues so don't tend to produce these problems.

"Good flea protection" - how does that help a dog which is allergic to grass :thumbsup:

Edited by Sandra777