Has Any1 Seen Or Heard Anything?

moko81

HI ALL

I WAS ONE OF MANY BULLDOG PEOPLE WHO WAS SENT THIS EMAIL. I PERSONALLY DON'T KNOW JENNIFER BUT THOUGHT I WOULD POST ON HERE AS ALOT OF PEOPLE FREQUENT THESE FORUMS. IF ANYONE KNOWS OR HEARS OF ANYTHING PLEASE MAKE CONTACT WITH JENNIFER.

CHEERS MOKO.

Hi Everyone,,

You don,t all know who i am,,, but a sad thing has happern in the last past 48 hours..... Our kennel rehome one of the older champions for a retired life,,,, but we really got done this time.... we never ask for money for the old ones,,, we offer them for free,,, as long as they get the sofa and plenty of love.... and get a spoilt life...

But this person,,, rang about the boy,,, he sounded the pefect home,,, saying he is a teacher for handicap kids,,, and in how much he loves dogs,,,, and he could take the dog to school,,,, And of coarse i got scammed..... Thinking he would go to school,,,, as i know he loves people,,,, and lots of pats..... but this was all lies,,,, just to make a quick buck...

It breaks my heart not knowing where the lad is,,, But are asking everyone in the bulldog world here,,,, if you know of anyone who has purchased a older dog in the last 48 hours,,,, He was sold through the tradingpost here in Victoria,,, for a grand price of $2200,,,, lying about his age,,,, saying he is 22 months,,,, but he is nearly 6 years old....

He is microchip,,, and is listed as missing,,, and Dogzonline have been informed on this person and have added to the list of scamming,,, for getting free dogs and selling them on,,, But if you hear of anything,,,,

Please contact us.....

Also this is a warning to others,,,, we never thought it would happern to us,,,, but 18 years later it has

Best Regards Jennifer

May crosspost on other chat groups too

www.karazmabulldogs.com

Edited by moko81

Hi Everyone :D :D :D

I personally don't know Jennifer but I was one of many bulldog people that this email was sent too.

If anyone out there knows or hears anything about this please contact Jennifer

Cheers Moko. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

you're not sure your own dog is desexed?

There are bulldogs for stud in the trading post I'd keep an eye out there, or contact the police if the dog is still in your name and you have the purchasers contact number

you're not sure your own dog is desexed?

There are bulldogs for stud in the trading post I'd keep an eye out there, or contact the police if the dog is still in your name and you have the purchasers contact number

It's not my dog, I have posted this as I was one of many bulldog people who received this email from Jennifer.

I don't know her personally but as alot of people frequent these forums I thought I would post here to try help

a fellow bulldog person out.

Note for your friend desexing is best for non breeding animals which are "retired". This automatically cuts the need for BYB and onsellers gaining the animal for business concerns. An entire purebred dog avail for free is like a magnent for these sorts. This sounds like a very sad situation for your friend (and her dog) I hope she finds him soon and it can be resolved. As the dog was listed for sale/ftgh what claims will they be able to execute if they located the dog, granted someone may have purchased it when re sold??? It has no been stolen, nor has there been a contract re onselling or return it seems???

I wish the writer all the best in finding her dog, will keep my eye out. Dont forget to check Gumtree- there are a few BYB devotees there I fear.

Poor old man :thumbsup: hope he is found. I'll keep a eye out on gumtree and trading post.

On another note, am I the only one who wouldn't give a dog away for free? I think put a reasonable price on them so you know that who ever wants to purchase, can afford to pay vet bills. Then when they come to pick up, don't take the money.

Poor old man :thumbsup: hope he is found. I'll keep a eye out on gumtree and trading post.

On another note, am I the only one who wouldn't give a dog away for free? I think put a reasonable price on them so you know that who ever wants to purchase, can afford to pay vet bills. Then when they come to pick up, don't take the money.

I know that the rescues always suggest putting a price on a dog. People value something if they have paid for it. If it is for free some people think "I'll give it a go and hand it into the pound if I don't want it anymore".

I don't know what they're going to do if this dog is found. Someone got the dog for free and then on-sold it - all legal?

I know that the rescues always suggest putting a price on a dog. People value something if they have paid for it. If it is for free some people think "I'll give it a go and hand it into the pound if I don't want it anymore".

I don't know what they're going to do if this dog is found. Someone got the dog for free and then on-sold it - all legal?

My thoughts also :thumbsup:

The problem is that the dog was rehomed by the breeder, the new owner can do as they like with it. Reporting the dog as missing with the microchip is not accurate as the breeder acknowledges giving the dog away. I completely sympathise with the breeder and the purchaser has bought a dog on false information (age etc) and I hope that the breeder only wishes to make contact with them to inform them of that and not retrieve "the lost" dog. If the person takes the dog to a vet or he goes missing and it is returned to the breeder then that is not fair on the person who handed over a lot of money to purchase him. I hope he was rehomed desexed so that he doesn't end up as a byb stud.

Not a nice situation all round but it serves to show that you should get the new owners of "give away ex breeders" to sign a contract saying that they will take the dog back if it is to be rehomed. I understand this wouldn't have any legal bearing but may serve as a reminder to the adoptee that the breeder has first option if the home doesn't work out.

Although this maybe all legal, Her belief is she got scammed & the people who purchased him have been scammed also.

How can someone who receives a dog FTGH (if thats how her ad' or what ever her means of rehoming him was) then go &

sell him for $2200 & claim he is 22mths when he is nearly 6yrs old. To me thats just a scum act & people like this need to be stopped.

actually if she hasn't changed the chip info and there was no reciept (even for $0.01) then i think this dog might still legally belong to her? don't verbal contracts mean zilch in this situation?

if i were her i'd report it to police and the local pounds/rspca, though if i'm honest i mightn't say that i gave the dog away just that it has gone missing. well, i would be doing this to find the new owners to make sure he is safe and i would also be doing this to try and get a hold of the guy so that the ppl whp paid for the dog can take him to court for misrepresentation. i wouldn't necesarily try to regain possession of the animal, that would depend on the new owners...

Hi All,

I never posted this on here to have any negative thoughts made towards Jennifer on how she deals with rehoming her dogs

(forgive me if my interpretations of negativity is way off the mark)

The main reason I started this post was to see if the many people on these forums had heard or know of anything as I feel

this is just not right. I'm not sure what her intentions are with trying to find him as I don't personally know her, but if I was

placed in this situation I would want the new owners to know they were SCAMMED out of there money & given false info',

as I strongly believe this was the case.

I appreciate everyones replies & I know we all have strong opinions on the way we each would've handled things with the rehoming

of the dog or any dog. But I really feel for her as she thought she had found genuine people who would give her boy a good home

& not on sell him just to make a quick buck.

I personally would not appreciate any person doing this to me & strongly believe this is a dog act (no pun intended)

There has been a email posted on a public site stating that they gave the dog away, making a false police report would only serve to get them in trouble. They state on this website that the dog was rehomed also. Whether or not the guy was an opportunistic a** hole is not in question, clearly he is but he is not a criminal regarding selling this dog after lawfully taking possession of it.

Edited to add if the new owners are found they could contact Consumer Affairs for him misrepresenting the dogs age as they did not get what they paid for

Edited by casowner