Anyone Elses Dogs Do This?

Kirislin

It's hard to describe. Sometimes when Kibah wants attention, or is just feeling silly she grabs a cushion or a blanket and sort of holds it with her front legs and jumps backwards. She gets this cute idiot look on her face, opens her mouth and just jumps all around the room backwards roughing up whatever it is she has, then she'll stop and look at me to see what I think of it. One day I'll try to get a video of her. Feather does it very occasionally but I think it's learned behaviour from her mum. None of my others do it and I've never seen another dog do it.

Edited by Kirislin

Is she a whippet by any chance?

I have only had my whippet girl for 3 days and am already noticing some very peculiar behaviour that I have never seen in any other type of dog :dancingelephant:

But no mine have never done that! Lol

Yep she's the whippet in my avatar, cute as a button too.

If my cocker wants attention and barking at me hasn't done it then she amuses herself by doing pretty much what you just described Kirislin. Its a weird jumpy thing and she looks totally adorable doing it!!

It sounds the same.

:dancingelephant: No mine don't do that, they will pick things up and thrash them around like maniacs, but no backwards jkumping here :dancingelephant: that sounds gorgeous

I would love to get a video of her but she tends to stop it when I pay attention to her.

Our Mutant, the cresty, will jump backwards, spin around, play bow & stop every so often to see what we think.....I just put it down to his mutant genes... :dancingelephant:

Edited by Stormy

Our Mutant, the cresty, will jump backwards, spin around, play bow & stop ever so often to see what we think.....I just put it down to his mutant genes... :dancingelephant:

My feral child (Japanese Spitz) does that too... :dancingelephant: Just add in a few growls and a cute bark into it too.

She once did this to a feather :dancingelephant:

Our Mutant, the cresty, will jump backwards, spin around, play bow & stop ever so often to see what we think.....I just put it down to his mutant genes... :thumbsup:

My feral child (Japanese Spitz) does that too... :thumbsup: Just add in a few growls and a cute bark into it too.

She once did this to a feather ;)

:) Just reminded me....Lili hates plastic bags and will actually interact with them, creep around them, attack them etc :)

Edited by Aussie3

My mini poodle does this to his doughnut bed. He puts his front feet in the bed and tries to rake it underneath him through his back legs, jumps backwards and does it again. He can go around part of the room doing this. He doesn't seem to do it to get attention, just for his own amusement. :laugh::)

Moon does this, she particularly likes doing it with sticks or brooms.

She did it to the end of a rake once and never made that mistake again. It flipped up and over her back and hit her right where her tail meets her body {crup?}

My mini poodle does this to his doughnut bed. He puts his front feet in the bed and tries to rake it underneath him through his back legs, jumps backwards and does it again. He can go around part of the room doing this. He doesn't seem to do it to get attention, just for his own amusement. :heart::laugh:

yep that's it, it's cute isn't it. Kibah goes all around the room doing it. Funny to know other dogs do it, I thought she might have invented it. hahaha

Our 12 y.o. female JRT has done this all her life. I think because she was an "only" dog she learnt to amuse herself

Our 5 y.o. male JRT does not do it, if he wants to play he just annoys the female until she chases him

Great footage! I had to watch it again just because Kibah is just so gorgeous!

Sarge, my older boy does it in his enormous bed to get it shmooshed up to snuggly perfection. Banshee, the youngest girl does it on the floor with a cushion, I think just to be silly, she will look up at me when she does it to see if I'm laughing. She'll keep doing it until I laugh, then jumps up on me for kisses :D

Just read that back ... Sarge does it in his enormous bed and Banshee does it on the floor with a cushion (giggling stupidly to myself... sorry, long day, I'm very overtired :shrug: )

Kibah is funny with it. She often does it in the lounge room but as soon as I go in to see she will stop, so I had to be quiet when she was doing it today, she was easily distracted. When she does it unobserved, or secretly observed she's much more enthusiastic.

Holly does this when she's in my room at night and we are playing games before bed time. When she gets really happy she'll do this with a big pillow I have. She also drags it on to and off of my bed.

Kal (my previous girl - bhcs) used to do this. It was her 'signal' to me that she wanted to be covered up. If I didn't do anything, she'd continue with her cushion bed (it was much larger than that in your video clip - which btw, I think you're very clever to be able to put it up) until it flipped over and on top of her. And there she'd be, sandwiched between the carpeted floor surface and her 1.5 foot deep cushion bed ..... happy as larry.