I Think My Dog Is About To Explode

HugUrPup

Six cups!! :laugh: Little guts. That's a pug for you! Glad he's ok now.

My brother's lab has eaten a couple of pegs. They only discovered this a few days later when he passed the evidence.

They are a lot more careful about what is lying around these days!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Six cups!! :laugh: Little guts. That's a pug for you! Glad he's ok now.

My brother's lab has eaten a couple of pegs. They only discovered this a few days later when he passed the evidence.

They are a lot more careful about what is lying around these days!

At least he didn't eat gravel/pebbles like that Pug pup in England!! :hug:

:D @ the eaten Bunny :laugh:

Stormie, I wouldn't induce vomiting on my own. I think I'll stick with the vet to do those sort of procedures :hug:

So glad it has been a positive outcome!! Poor (greedy) little fella. I nearly had a similar outcome when I discovered my Cavalier had got the top off the Dry Food, she was about to have a right Royal feast of Royal Canin!! Little piglet. :D

I need feed bins with easier to get off lids for me and harder to get off for her. This one has a really tight lid but if put on tight I have trouble with it.

One of my staffies got in and ate several kilos of Hills Science W/D dry, which is the diet one of the others is on. It is full of fibre so he paid for it when it was all coming out the other end! And that dog never vomited in his life that I know of, but his mother - she will walk around making these massive heaving noises, with her stomach contracting in and out, then take a deep breath and stop. No vomit. All very dramatic for nothing. And then my other one just makes this one little "cack" noise and there it is, usually on the carpet! I'm not fond of vomiting myself so like that my dogs consider my needs!

:D @ the eaten Bunny :laugh:

Stormie, I wouldn't induce vomiting on my own. I think I'll stick with the vet to do those sort of procedures :hug:

So glad it has been a positive outcome!! Poor (greedy) little fella. I nearly had a similar outcome when I discovered my Cavalier had got the top off the Dry Food, she was about to have a right Royal feast of Royal Canin!! Little piglet. :D

I need feed bins with easier to get off lids for me and harder to get off for her. This one has a really tight lid but if put on tight I have trouble with it.

i like screw lids cause i can put them on gently and the dog cant get them off

My understanding is that inducing vomiting when something has a very full stomach can be potentially dangerous. There's a pretty strong force going on during the vomiting action, so forcing such a large volume out of something with a small opening can cause tearing/rupturing etc.

It happens in bulimic people who binge and then try to purge.

Glad to hear he's ok though.

Yes, which is much the same as what my Vet advised with my guys. I am actually very surprised they did. :laugh:

My understanding is that inducing vomiting when something has a very full stomach can be potentially dangerous. There's a pretty strong force going on during the vomiting action, so forcing such a large volume out of something with a small opening can cause tearing/rupturing etc.

It happens in bulimic people who binge and then try to purge.

Glad to hear he's ok though.

Yes, which is much the same as what my Vet advised with my guys. I am actually very surprised they did. :laugh:

Maybe the vet weighed it up as the lesser of 2 evils. Sounds like it could potentially have done alot of damage had it been left.

Edited by Kirislin