Litters Due September

choc_bordercollie

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep will add some photos in the morning. Going to go nap nexted to her box lol.

EDIT TO SAY:

Number 11 Stillborn choc and white girl. I half expected it if she had any more as her 10th pup was hard to get going. worked on her for 15 minutes with not even a breath. Not nice to lose them :laugh:

Edited by choc_bordercollie

ok all finished now all up she had 11 puppies. 6 boys and 5 girls. sadly we lost the 11th pup I think it was just to long between the first and last pup and her placenta detached before she was ready to be born. :) she was a big girl to.

All are really healthy andstrong, and range in weights from 275grams to 350grams. Mum is doing great and just adores her pups.

so we have 3 choc merle boys, 3 choc and white boys, 2 choc merle girls and 2 choc and white girls. This is the most pups I have had by far and they will sure keep me busy for the nexted 8 weeks :laugh:

Will update with photos tonight, I have exams today at 2p and need to go have a sleep, hubby put in for a week off work so no need for me to tackle kids this morning.

:rasberry: so sorry to hear that you lost number 11, must have been too good for this world. Congratulations on the safe arrival of the rest of her babies, she sounds like she is doing a wonderful job with them!! Cant wait to see the pictures!

Trina

Edited by TrinaJ

Huge Congrats on your litter!!! How exciting and OMG 10 puppies, sorry to hear of the llth puppy :rasberry:

Best of Luck with them all over the next few week, it will more than likely fly by with so many bubbies. Cant wait to see some piccies!!!

Hi thanks guys for all your well wishes, all pups are going well today all have gained weight, and are feeding well. Sorry for the delay last night my neighbour's came over in a panic last night needeing help becuase there unpapered choc lab was having pups. they only found out a week ago that she was pregnant :( so I went over to help for the sake of the bitch. They failed to keep her away from there entire lab male because they didn't know she was in season.

So ended up having half the night delivering puppies again, she had 9 all up I stayed until 11pm to help and left them to do the rest. I needed sleep.

So here are some pictures enjoy.

First is a group shot

post-14946-1283336996_thumb.jpg

Sooo sweet. Gosh I'm getting puppy clucky now! :laugh:

Gosh you must be so very tired after midwifing two litters!! Geez I bet you had to bite your tongue when you found out about the neighbours bitch??!! That was a very good thing you did.

Edited by LizT

Gosh you must be so very tired after midwifing two litters!! Geez I bet you had to bite your tongue when you found out about the neighbours bitch??!! That was a very good thing you did.

Oh yes tried to keep it shut but did add a few suttle comments in there :o

Just an update all pups are doing well and are all gaining weight aswell. Mum is doing well and seems to have plently of milk, only problem I am having is that she has chewed her bum to pieces down to raw skin on both side of her tail she may need a trip to the vet. sort of looks like hot spots but it isn't that time of year and she has no fleas. we have given her 2 baths since her pups where born aswell. not sure what is going on. she has never done anything like this before nor is she prone to hot spots.

any advice? :(

Oh yes tried to keep it shut but did add a few suttle comments in there :laugh:

Just an update all pups are doing well and are all gaining weight aswell. Mum is doing well and seems to have plently of milk, only problem I am having is that she has chewed her bum to pieces down to raw skin on both side of her tail she may need a trip to the vet. sort of looks like hot spots but it isn't that time of year and she has no fleas. we have given her 2 baths since her pups where born aswell. not sure what is going on. she has never done anything like this before nor is she prone to hot spots.

any advice? :eek:

She could have blocked anal glands and has not been able to get there due to fat belly and is able to do so.

Hi Ausvarg has our first Vallhund litter. :laugh:

6 healthy pups. 4 boys 2 girls. :rofl:

All born in 2 hours ;) 11:30am, 12pm, 12:40pm, 12.45pm, 12:55pm and lucky last at 1:35pm.

I felt like I just had to catch. :rofl:

Mum is doing really well and totally in love with her babies.

post-17161-1283745877_thumb.jpg

post-17161-1283745893_thumb.jpg

post-17161-1283745908_thumb.jpg

Cassie