Rspca Show Tonight

Flaves

Disgusting that the people who starve animals can get them back.

But my fav comment of all time would be the cat lady with 36 odd cats 'they just dont know when to stop breeding' ;) :laugh: :laugh:

No %^&* sherlock, they are animals, desex them then they cant

Flaves that woman was a brick short of a barby I thought. Of course they're going to breed. YOU'RE the one who's supposed to know how and when to stop them.

But I am totally INFURIATED at the stupidity of laws that FORCE the RSPCA to return those dogs to someone who clearly treats them like some sort of alarm system (ie doesn't feed them etc). His comment was basically - "they're still moving around so there's nothing wrong with them"!!!! OMG!!!!

And the dogs end up abused again.

This is APPALLING!!!

I don't understand how this can happen. So do they now have to give the dogs back AGAIN. And when does this end? When the dog dies?

Flaves that woman was a brick short of a barby I thought. Of course they're going to breed. YOU'RE the one who's supposed to know how and when to stop them.

But I am totally INFURIATED at the stupidity of laws that FORCE the RSPCA to return those dogs to someone who clearly treats them like some sort of alarm system (ie doesn't feed them etc). His comment was basically - "they're still moving around so there's nothing wrong with them"!!!! OMG!!!!

And the dogs end up abused again.

This is APPALLING!!!

I don't understand how this can happen. So do they now have to give the dogs back AGAIN. And when does this end? When the dog dies?

Spotty i agree, she certainly was a brick or two short of a barby

And i thought the same thing when they get a conviction 12 months AFTER the dogs were originally returned and they are WORSE than before :p :p :rofl:

Those poor poor dogs ;) :laugh: :laugh: :rofl: ;) :)

Spotty, i think you are hitting your head against a brick wall.

This is how it comes across to me:

that It is far better for them to prosecute registered breeders and stop them from doing certain matings and breeding before certain ages than stop puppy farming and cruelty

Oh phew! They sucked me in LOL The law changed the second time round (thank God! What a stupid law) and they got to hang on to the dogs for 2 years of litigation (Still ridiculous) but at least the outcome was good. Especially the 10 year ban on owning dogs. Boy I'm such a sucker - I'm all teary watching Jerry at his new home etc ;)

I wonder what the laws are in other states.

And I'm still curious about how you get to run a guard dog business and if there's any requirements placed on those businesses. If there were it would make the process of doing something about this sort of appalling behaviour quicker and easier.

There were 2 Leo, Brodie a female and Jerry a long coat male

And yes Prada they looked wonderful in their new homes and yep for sure he should have got jail time

OR been starved like they had been

Edited by Flaves

The dogs names were Brodie and Jerry I think. The most beautiful gentle natured happy dogs.

Oh and there was another one that they rescued intially who went back to the scumbag owner the first time but I cant remember his name. Lovely black boy. They were all taken off the owner so hopefully he was rescued too.

I don't know if you can watch it online.

ETA The black one might have been a girl actually...

Edited by spottychick

I saw the advert for the show, that it featured a GSD and knew I could not watch it. I just feel too sad. I find it hard to not take it personal, especially when it is a German Shepherd being abused. I have loved GSDs since before I was one years old. That's an almost 28 year love affair. To hear that there are people out there who are not showing their own dog ( or cat) the love and care they deserve is disgusting ;) .

It's hard to watch, especially when your own dog is lying content at the foot of your bed snoring.

I watched it too and got a little teary :laugh:

I wish they had of updated what happened the Black GSD as well - they were all lovely looking dogs and so sweet.

Mind you I went and looked at a rescue page and saw a beautiful GSD boy in need of rescue.... repeat to self *dont need another dog, dont need another dog*. ;)

Horrible horrible people who treat their animals like this, how stupid and ignorant do you have to be to not know that dogs are living things, and all living things need FOOD and WATER to survive! :)

oh and on a different note,

leopuppy04

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/rspca-animal-...s-4-episode-11/

This is where you can watch the full episode if you didnt get to see it tonight :thumbsup: .

the reasons you didnt watch it BM was why i did :thumbsup:

I couldnt not watch it to make sure that everything ended happily and it did

Glad everything ended alright. The dogs were looking great at the end of the show :) I love how the woman described the dog as a big bear...because that's all my dog is...a big sooky teddy bear :thumbsup:

This sort of thing just baffles me, absolutely baffles me...I can understand people who are lazy and can't be bothered worming, de-fleaing and even picking up dog crap, still think they shouldn't own animals.But to not feed an animal to me is intentionally being cruel, not just lazy.The biggest problem I have with all my animals is not give in to their big pleading eyes and extra food.

Its not just with dogs and cats though.Numerous times when I drive past a barren paddock with multiple horses/too many horse for the size of the paddock I feel so helpless.All horses even with winter coats still having ribs showing and depression lines and not a winter rug in sight.

The thing that got me about the show was how friendly those dogs were and I can't remember which one, the female I think that wagged her tail the second time they were collected by the rangers as she recognised them.I hope they are happy where they are now.The problem is that idiot owner probably still thinks he did nothing wrong.

Chelle - my impression was that the "owner" had absolutely no ability to feel empathy for those dogs. Like some kind of adult crack baby - only he probably doesn't even have that excuse. A scarey sort of person I reckon.

ANd yes - those dogs were the friendliest little dears!