Does You Dog Have A Theme Song?

redangel

Millie doesn't have one but I have sung "Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby!!!" to Ruby, that song that was on the radio a couple of years back.

Ohh I just remembered, there is another song I sing to Ruby :thumbsup: "Electric Field" by mgmt... instead of "baby girl" I sing "Ruby girl" :laugh: Yep, joining the weirdo club :bottom:

Millie doesn't have one but I have sung "Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby!!!" to Ruby, that song that was on the radio a couple of years back.

Ohh I just remembered, there is another song I sing to Ruby :thumbsup: "Electric Field" by mgmt... instead of "baby girl" I sing "Ruby girl" :laugh: Yep, joining the weirdo club :bottom:

Old neighbours of mine, had a dog named Ruben. Their three year old little girl used to sing 'Ruby Ruby Ruby, Ruby!!!!' out to him from the back porch. It was sooooo cute!! The song was on the radio all the time then too... every time I hear the song now, I think of this little girl.

Edited by Wizzle

Sadly all my dogs over the years have had ridiculous nicknames and theme songs. Usually the theme songs also need to be sung in a silly foreign or operatic accent. I have no idea why. The dogs all just look at me when I sing to them like "wtf?" My heart girl Stussy does have her own collection of silly songs (like the infamous Stussy Poo Head song sung to the tune of My Darling Clementine) but sometimes when we are sitting quietly together I sing that Beach Boys song to her "God only knows what I'd be without you" because that's how I feel about her. She came into my life at a very important time and always seems to know when I need her close by to keep me grounded.

I wonder what goes through their heads when we sing nonsense to them?

Mine often look at me with their heads cocked to the side - the classic calming signal thing.

I song all sorts of songs, depending on what mood I'm in. The current favourite is "and they did suffer from cute-itess, it was a very bad case", sung to a tune of my own making. Baby voice optional. When they are naughty the lyrics get changed to "it was a curable case" :thumbsup: .

I also sing "I will love you, until the end of time" from Moulin Rouge (sp) when I leave for work.

Only one of my dog has songs, and she has two.

Coconut's songs are Frontier Psychiatrist by The Avalanches, sung with the correct words, and her other song is Hit that Perfect Beat by Bronski Beat. Except we substitute the word 'Beat' for 'Nut' and the word 'Boy' for Girl.'

"That dog needs therapy?" :thumbsup: I now have Frontier Psychiatrist in my head which is totally fine by me.

I sing "I'm your biggest fan I'll feed you up until you love me, puppy, puppy-razzi, baby there's no other superstar you know that I'll be your puppy, puppy-razi, baaaby you'll be famous chase you down and tickle your tum-my, puppy, puppy-razzi" to Luuka :laugh: Usually when I'm feeding her breakfast (because dad is not around to hear me then :eek: ) or taking her photo.

Oh and speaking of ridiculous names, at the moment Luuka's newest one is 'fluffmuffin'. God I hate myself sometimes :bottom:

Edited by FranCQ

Cash's theme song is the Beatles' "Tax-man" - "Coz he's the Cash-man, ye-e-ah he's the Cash-ma-an".

A horse I used to ride was called Zipping and his theme song was "Zippidy-doo-dah". I don't think he ever really likes my singing though coz he could be a right sod :D

That's ok, you can all sing along with me to Coconut. :o

Searching for some company

Feel the rhythm dance with me

Them Nut Girl blues seem out of place

Now they want to party pace party pace

Dance dance on the floor

Dance dance move some more

Dance dance feel the heat

Hit that perfect Nut Girl, hit that perfect Nut Nut Girl

I've got that feeling them Nut Girl feelings

I've got them feeling the perfect Nut

I've got that feeling that perfect feeling

That perfect feeling all over me

Nut Girl Nut Girl hit that perfect Nut Girl

Hit that perfect hit that perfect hit that perfect Nut Girl

Come come close to me I want this to be

Come come close to me I want this to be

That Nut Girl feeling all over me

Too close for comfort too close for joy

Girls in the back room their hearts destroy

Touch and kiss a stranger if all else fails

Hiding from the danger that's been sent from hell

I've got them feeling the perfect Nut

I've got that feeling that perfect feeling

Nut Girl Nut Girl Nut Nut Nut Nut

Hit that perfect hit that perfect hit that perfect Nut Girl

Nut Nut Nut Nut

Nut Nut Nut Nut Girl

Hit hit hit hit that perf-

Nut Nut Nut Nut Nut Nut Nut Nut Nut Nut Girl

I've got that feeling that perfect Nut

(Nut Girl Nut Girl) I've got that feeling that perfect feeling

(Nut Girl Nut Girl) I've got that feeling them Nut Girl feelings

I've got them feeling that perfect Nut

(Nut Girl Nut Girl) I've got that feeling that perfect feeling (feeling)

That perfect feeling all over me (hit that perfect Nut)

I've got that feeling them Nut Girl feelings (feelings)

I've got that feeling that perfect Nut

(Nut Girl Nut Girl) I've got that feeling that perfect feeling (feeling)

That perfect feeling all over me (hit that perfect Nut Girl) (all over me)

At the moment because they are extremely muddy puppy dogs... We sing to P!nk ~ Funhouse..

"this used to be a clean house, but now its full of muddy dogs. It's time to start the count down, their gonna have a bath, bath. Their gonna have a bath"

:laugh:

They generally get all sorts of silly songs sung to them with their names in them :laugh:

Edited by MavericksMission

both James and spartan have a theme tune that OH made up for them - it's very cute!!

Spartan's goes:

Spartan's a big big dog, a big big dog todaaaaaaaaaaay

James' is

He's a tiny jibba joooooo

(he now has the nickname jibba because of this!)

Both have specific arm motions and end in much excitment and cuddles!

Edited by SparkyTansy

At the moment because they are extremely muddy puppy dogs... We sing to P!nk ~ Funhouse..

"this used to be a clean house, but now its full of muddy dogs. It's time to start the count down, their gonna have a bath, bath. Their gonna have a bath"

:laugh:

They generally get all sorts of dilly songs sung to them with their names in them :laugh:

:):laugh: ;) Brilliant!!