Code Of Ethics Breached And Dogs Qld Don't Seem To Care

Puppoochi

This is an email conversation I have had with Dogs Queensland. I'm keeping the breed, breeder and the source of advertising private.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Elle Robinson (Poodiful Kennels)

I was surfing the net when I came across this ad click here.

You will see that John Citizen from Citizen Kennels is advertising her studs on a free online trading site.

Her ad reads as follows,

I have three beautiful pedigree males now standing at stud. They are all show quality dogs and have been shown, they are all PRA free. Proven sires of show quality progeny. All are from IMP lines.Registered breeder. $700/pet bitch $1000/show bitch

She is quite clearly wanting extra $$$$ by allowing her studs out to breed to pet bitches at a discounted rate and is attempting (if she hasn't done so already) to breach the code of practice.

If this is NOT breaching the code, the ANKC should very seriously consider amending the code. One can only guess how many pets her studs have already bred with.

It would not be difficult to confirm that the ad was posted by John Citizen by simply ringing the number and pretending you have a pet that you wanted mated.

I hope you do take action against this member.

Please keep me updated with what you will do with this report

Yours Truly

Elle Robinson

Poodiful Toy Poodles

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning Ellie

Thank your for your email.

I did forward your email to the General Manager and he has asked if you give permission for this email to be sent to John Citizen from Citizen Kennels

Kind Regards

Roslyn Glancy

Dogs Queensland

PO Box 495

Fortitude Valley

Qld 4006

Phone (07) 3252 2661

Fax (07) 3252 3864

Website www.dogsqueensland.org.au

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

before an email is sent to John Citizen, my thoughts are that conformation must be established that it was actually him that posted the ad. The only way I can see to this is by calling him.

Also, any ad can easily be changed and edited so I have saved a screen shot which I have attached.

I am forwarding onto the ANKC the original email I that I had sent to you.

Please phone me on either...........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent this last week, have heard nothing since. I thought that I could contact the ANKC but cannot find one confused.gif confused.gif

Looks like they don't really care.

I can't believe they want to forward your email to the breeder concerned :rofl: What is that going to do except tell the person that you have put a complaint in about the advert soliciting for non-main registered bitches.

I would give them a call and find out what they have done and made sure they have not forwarded on your email to anyone, which would be a breach of privacy :worship:

ETA: I have heard on this forum of the same thing happening all too often when a breach of conduct is brought to the attention of an ANKC state branch :laugh:

Edited by mirawee

I'm keeping the breed, breeder and the source of advertising private.

Not really you have not - I was able to find these facts in about 10 seconds...

I'm impressed Danois, now do you have anything worthwhile to say about it?

I can't believe they want to forward your email to the breeder concerned :rofl: What is that going to do except tell the person that you have put a complaint in about the advert soliciting for non-main registered bitches.

I would give them a call and find out what they have done and made sure they have not forwarded on your email to anyone, which would be a breach of privacy :worship:

ETA: I have heard on this forum of the same thing happening all too often when a breach of conduct is brought to the attention of an ANKC state branch :laugh:

I have rung them and they say that they cannot take action unless I give them permission to send the email???

WTF??? What do they need me for??? They can see the ad for themselves, it's not up to me to call the offender to verify the ad was posted by them, and if I do it's my word against theirs unless I record the conversation.

They said "what do you want? Us to do the investigating for you".

Couldn't believe it.

Yep, I found the add very quickly as well...

It does seem odd that you're meant to do the investigating and that they don't seem too interested to help??!!

Yep, I found the add very quickly as well...

It does seem odd that you're meant to do the investigating and that they don't seem too interested to help??!!

you got that right.

What's the point of having a code of ethics, if they don't seem to care when they're breached.

Where do I go next?

Sadly poodiful this is the real world.

I can post every single peice of information I have about a breach of Qld and ANKC rules which happened a couple of years ago, and the result but it will not change the fact that DogsQld in alot of cases do not have the breed ethics close to their heart.

And I am not nitpicking with DogsQld. I have facts. Even taking it all the way to the top didnt help.

So be prepared for them to not actually do anything anyway

Unlike other dog bodies in Australia, Dogs Qld is not run by elected officials, but by appointed members of the RNA. So while they are very efficient in some areas, often more so than elected bodies, they are also lacking in areas that other, more passionate, elected officials woud excel. Sorry they are not taking your complaint seriously Poodiful, but keep at them.

You need to ring and check because that ad doesn't say they will allow their dog to mate a limited registered dog or a dog with no papers. If they allow a main registered bitch who has never been in the show ring to mate with their boy they are not breaching the code of ethics.

Lots of complaints come through which are malicious and their first responsibility is to protect their members so they have to give their members the benefit of the doubt at the first instance.

They do expect you to do the investigating and they have to be able to give the person concerned a copy of the complaint received so they can defend themselves.

Just because they are advertising it doesn't mean to say they are doing it - they may say they are running the ad to find those who are breeding pet dogs to try to educate them.I know unlikely but it's the sort of thing people who are mucking it up say. They may say they only allow main registered dogs to mate and nothing in that ad says they allow NON Papered or unregistered dogs to mate.

They may say its a typo or that someone else placed the ad to make em look bad.

The MDBA employs a private investigator to check out complaints but that is expensive and the state CC's expect you to do the dirty work - in part because so many complaints are not true and simply looking for a way of making life hard for someone they don't like.

Think it through - if someone were accusing you wouldn't you feel you were entitled to see the actual complaint?

Ditto what Steve said.

Also a complaint will not be accepted by the ANKC (the only way for a member to "contact" ANKC is via their state representative) -the state governing body dishes out the suspensions etc.

No offence Poodiful as I know your heart is in the right place but breeders are free to advertise wherever they want and just because the site where you found the ad is frequented by BYBS etc, it doesn't mean that this member is offering their studs to unregistered bitches.

Just some thoughts.

Poodlefan, If a complaint was laid against you would you want a chance to defend yourself? I have unfortunatly had to put in a complaint ages ago and yes I had to give permission to pass it on. They take out the detail of the person making the complaint so there is no privicy issues when they send it to the other party. They do the best they can for you in my opinion with the limited number of staff they have and it doesn't cost you to make a complaint. I suppose they could be like Victoria and charge you $250 which is non refundable to make a complaint.

Not right at all but this happens all the time.

I saw one ad offering a registered dog at stud to same breed for one price & to other breeds, to breed DD's, for another price.

I sent a message via someone who knew the dogs original breeder personally & the ad was removed, but they probably still used the dog for stud anyway.

No point in contacting ANCK. IMO they wouldn't have done much & couldn't stop it being done.

Bloody infuriating isn't it. All you can do is get on with your own thing & put this person on your

Do not ever deal with list.

But you don't know if its the same dog either. They may have one on main register and one with no papers.

the codes of ethics for the CC's don't stop people breeding cross bred dogs or unregistered dogs as long as they don't use their registered dogs to do it.

Just read that again. It does not state that the dog is available for stud to unregistered bitches.

It can be interpreted as higher price for mating to titled bitch & lower price to untitled bitch.

There is nothing in the code of ethics that says a dog may not be bred to an untitled bitch or that price for mating is fixed.

Only that the bitch must be main registered. Pet, as such, can be a main reg dog.

One has to tread carefully when making a complaint & be sure the facts can be proven.

Otherwise its all a waste of time regardless of what you suspect.

firstly, there is no doubt that the ad was posted.

secondly, which I have stated in this thread twice, conformation must be established by making contact with them, confirming that it was actually them that posted the ad with the intention to let their studs out at public stud to pet/non registered bitches.

Short of me flying up to QLD bringing an unregistered bitch to be mated and videotaping it, I am unable to be the person to prove that it is the breeders intention to let her dogs out to anyone who has the $$$

That is why I have not given permission to send my email off.

All it would take is one phone call from Dogs QLD to confirm it. I don't see that as being time consuming nor inconvenient. As I suggested to them in the first place, please re-read the original emails!!!!!

Edited by poodiful1

I have read the ad carefully no where does it say it will allow the matings of unregistered stock.

Yes, but what does it imply to you???

A conformation call is needed, that's what I'm going on about.

Is there something wrong with my written language, that ppl keep missing it????

I have read the ad carefully no where does it say it will allow the matings of unregistered stock.

Yes, but what does it imply to you???

A conformation call is needed, that's what I'm going on about.

Is there something wrong with my written language, that ppl keep missing it????

Could you just call pretending to be Joe Blow asking if you can their dog on your unpapered bitch?