Anyone Else's Dogs Do This?

When I feed the dogs bones, I generally just walk around with a bag of bones & drop one every couple of metres. Not sure who makes the move towards the other one (or why), but I often find the girls eating theirs side by side.

bonesphoto.jpg

:( That's lovely, Vickie. ;)

My two wouldn't do that - Rory doesn't trust Kirra not to steal his - with good reason, I might say :D . (This morning she stole and ate 5 nice fresh date scones, which were sitting in their plastic bag oiut of her reach (I thought ) on top of the microwave - but clearly I'd left a corner of the plastic bag hanging down :eek: - good news is, she's an expert at extracting food from pastic bags without eating the plastic. :rofl: )

Kirra & trim would get on very well barb:). I have lost count of the amount of human food she has stolen... But never dog food.

my girls wil happily eat out of the same bowl but the bone thing is kind of weird I think. My only guess is that they feel safety in numbers is best against the boys, lol.

Yes! Surprisingly.

My boy has some personal space issues especially when it comes to Trixie but whenever I give them their bone, no matter where I drop it in the yard, they always carry them to the door mat and eat them with their backsides touching. It's quite funny really, they usually like their distance.

My little ones do the same. And sometimes if I drop 2 or 4 bones ( like to add extra as the boy buries them a bit) the girl will sit and just watch the male eat.

She will sometimes sit and watch him eat his dinner while her dinner is left untouched in her dish? I wonder how they tick at times. :champagne:

That is such a sweet pic, Vickie :eek:

Kirra & trim would get on very well barb:). I have lost count of the amount of human food she has stolen... But never dog food.

my girls wil happily eat out of the same bowl but the bone thing is kind of weird I think. My only guess is that they feel safety in numbers is best against the boys, lol.

Imagine if we added Dizzy, my one-eyed foster failure kitten, into the mix :laugh: They'd be an unstoppable force :cry:

DSC02584.jpg

(This morning she stole and ate 5 nice fresh date scones, which were sitting in their plastic bag oiut of her reach (I thought ) on top of the microwave - but clearly I'd left a corner of the plastic bag hanging down :laugh: - good news is, she's an expert at extracting food from pastic bags without eating the plastic. :cry: )

My dog took a bunch of grapes from the back of the bench, and picked each grape off the stalk ..!

She has however, eaten a nutella sandwich still in gladwrap - plastic and all.

That is such a sweet pic, Vickie :cheer:

Imagine if we added Dizzy, my one-eyed foster failure kitten, into the mix :cheer: They'd be an unstoppable force :cry:

DSC02584.jpg

:eek: OMG TSD - that is just gorgeous. :laugh: Long term foster is it :cheer:

My three youngest dogs will all eat thier bones together, but they know each others boundries and would not try to take each others. However Bronson waits till the girls have had enough then he goes and gathers the remainder of thier bones and surrounds himself with them :cry:

Cooper will take himself away from the three younger ones and go and eat his on his own.

My three youngest dogs will all eat thier bones together, but they know each others boundries and would not try to take each others. However Bronson waits till the girls have had enough then he goes and gathers the remainder of thier bones and surrounds himself with them :(

Cooper will take himself away from the three younger ones and go and eat his on his own.

Rover does something similar. He finished his bone and then will wait for Riddick to have enough of his and walk off. He then goes and gets Riddicks remaining bone, takes it into his crate and sits there gleefully with 2 bones. Yummm :(

Yep. Charlie and Em does this :thanks: They like switching their bones too.. apparently they think their bones taste differently or something.

Charlie eats all Emmy's left overs. she is a messy eater and never cleans up after herself.

When I feed the dogs bones, I generally just walk around with a bag of bones & drop one every couple of metres. Not sure who makes the move towards the other one (or why), but I often find the girls eating theirs side by side.

bonesphoto.jpg

Mine will chew on their bones for hours side by side I have all males, Ialways leave them with bones when I go out I know then they will happily chew and

not bark Beagie

Lol yeah my two always eat their bones next to each other!

Banjo097.jpg

I am in love :rofl: with your whippet.

Stimpy my little one takes her bone into the shared kennel and wont let Chevy (who weighs 5 times as much as her) in!! Hence no bones on cold days as Chevy will be forced to sit out in the cold.

Edited by rastus_froggy

my 2 small dogs used to be really good , if one had a bone the other would sit patiently near and wait til the other finished and then have a turn, never a growl or anything . Not anymore though as grumpy granny has gone a bit senile and gets separated now , not just a meal time either , nutty old thing she is lol

I have to watch the new girl and chopper as she will nick his food and he wont do anything, never been allowed to be possessive of his food, none of them have , but i have never had a food thief b4 now . Can't blame her as b4 she never knew how long between feeds , poor thing

Nope - one of mine is real bone possessive and will really get stuck into any dog that comes near his bone. I have to be very careful with him, but the others dont share, they are just observant of each other.

I do have one new dog, 10yo, that stole 2 small boxes of Lindt chocs off of a windowsill, ate one box, neatly without eating any paper, and hid the other under the lounge for later, while I was in the shower, have to keep everything really tucked away now!