Anyone In Need Of A Cheap Crate?

Red Fox

Dammit, the price went up! I was considering buying one of those crates too.. Does anyone have any experience with the green crates? For some reason the blue ones attract me more but the sizes are ginormous for a Vallhund!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been lurking around here for awhile and finally introduced the boys the other day.

Thanks to the OP for letting everyone know about these - ours has arrived and it is great. Below is a pic of our little one in it - could fit about 6 of him in there when he is curled up :). We also got the 3.3m tunnel to start Jett getting used to it for when we start agility. It's great and he had a lot of fun going through it (and getting treats when he did not cheat and go round the outside!!).

The crate is a great size for our old Sheltie, Remy, as he has plenty of room to stretch out when he needs time out from Jett (almost 1 year old Kelpie X). Remy is 14 and was never crate trained, but just wandered in and made himself comfortable. He is not as agile as he used to be and this way he can use a large turning circle!!! We can now shut Remy in when he is asleep and makes it easier to ensure that Jett does not try to dump his toys on Remy in an attempt to get him to wake up and play!!

post-33814-1283783223_thumb.jpg

Sooo I think I over estimated the size of my future Akita. I think I could fit about 3 Akitas quite happily in my crate. Just set it up to make sure it wasn't faulty or anything. Grabbed the closest cat and tested it out on him. He was very intrigued by it, but probably loved the box it came in more; as soon as I took the crate out he slithered straight into the box to check it out.

Sooo I think I over estimated the size of my future Akita. I think I could fit about 3 Akitas quite happily in my crate. Just set it up to make sure it wasn't faulty or anything. Grabbed the closest cat and tested it out on him. He was very intrigued by it, but probably loved the box it came in more; as soon as I took the crate out he slithered straight into the box to check it out.

Awww! Dear old thing looks so content.

But what's that big hairy thing to the left??

Wrong person :grouphug:

I think the crates they had on sale were all super large ones no matter which way you looked at it :grouphug:

I have one available for sale for $45 to any Perthies (no postage :) ) who may be interested. It is too big for us - 75cm high x 75cm wide by 106cm long or thereabouts.

is it still available?? if so can i purchase it??

don't worry Minxy... your Akita will grow into it and there won't be much spare room... promise :grouphug:

Wrong person :grouphug:

LMAO Ooops sorry - that was meant for Happy Feet :):cry:

Wrong person :laugh:

LMAO Ooops sorry - that was meant for Happy Feet :o ;)

:rofl: The big hairy thing to the left is Remy (or at least its his backside!), our Sheltie, who was beaten to the crate that time. The one in the crate is Jett.

They are sort of alternating who uses it at the moment - the oldie is not really big on snuggling up with Jett, although Jett would be very happy to snuggle - hence the not sharing even though they could both fit along with a few friends!! Remy is quickly realising that if he sleeps in there and we zip him in he is safe from puppy sneak attacks :laugh: . Must try to get a photo of Remy in there too.

Well it turns out it had been sitting at the post office since the 8th! ;) I almost emailed Topbuy about it last night too. Stupid postman. The silly woman at the post office said "Well, I gave him the card. I don't know what he did with it" Yeah well, as I told her, I can't come in and collect a parcel if I don't know I've got one! Idiot. :eek:

Anyway, haven't unpacked it yet. Ruby decided to do some landscaping in her shed for the second day in a row AND dragged everything out of it into her yard, so spent almost 45 mins this afternoon trying to clean it up and stop her from doing it again. Or at least stop her until I can get some big pavers on the weekend. Grrrr :o