Do You Ever Get Puppy Clucky?

PoppyDog

:o

As the title suggests, do you ever feel that pang for another puppy but then remember he toilet training and the sleepless nights and the chewing! Oh the chewing!

Friends of ours came over for dinner last night with their 8 week old Border Collie, Sachi. She was SO cute and fluffy and cuddly.

Poppy was SO gentle with her and just sniffed her and let her warm up to her before trying to play with her!

And it made me REALLY want another! :laugh:

But the sensible part of me knows that now isn't the right time for us!

Anyone else ever get that feeling?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

all the time, i cant have another puppy as both my dogs are dog aggressive - but i get my fix at work, we see a lot of puppies, so i get to play, and send them home :o

Aww! That's great you get to get your fix at work! :laugh:

Poppy is our first ever dog. We got her from a not so reputable seller and at the time the responses I got from a dog forum (not this one) about that really ruined the puppy time for me. I was stressed about her health. I was told over and over she would have health problems and I was scared we would go to bed and wake up and she wouldn't be okay. :D My OH and I had arguements about how over the top I was about Poppy. It was a really tough time!

So a part of me wants to do it all again because now I know, I know SO much more and I think maybe I could really enjoy having a puppy. I know a reputable CKCS breeder who is close to me and I would love to get a registared puppy with health garuntees. And I'd love Poppy to have a friend. But I know that it's not something I want to do for a while. :)

Even after having 4 pups in under 2years, I would have another on in a heart beat!

I loved every bit of the puppy stage, but I found with each consecutive dog the chewing is less as they have each other to play with. I never had that many sleepless nights mine were all good sleepers from an early age. I only had one that was difficult to toilet train, the rest were a breeze!

I don't get clucky over babies but puppies well that is entirely different!! :o

Now my youngest dog is three years old I definitely do!

Would like to get a pup next year but I'm not sure yet on the logistics of it and am still undecided on breed :laugh:

A heeby jeeby ofcourse :o

LOL my mum would love one!! I like beagles better though :p

Nope... I love my trained adult dogs! :D

Though Keeshond puppies.... That's another story. :)

You can't be puppy clucky when you've already got a puppy!! :D

Yes I love puppies. My current one is only 4 1/2 months old and still at that very, very cute floppy plush toy stage. I just love him to bits. He doesn't chew, neither did Dusty so the chewing doesn't put me off. Instead, he takes all the shoes he can gather, and piles them under the coffee table. Apparently that's where they belong.

He is such a sweetie that I will miss his puppiness when he grows up, but we've got a full house now so no more til my oldie gets her ticket to the bridge and here's hoping that's a very long time away.

Would like to get a pup next year but I'm not sure yet on the logistics of it and am still undecided on breed :laugh:

LOL my mum would love one!! I like beagles better though :D

Though Keeshond puppies.... That's another story. :p

They are just hairy beagles...welll they are abit loooonger than a beagle too. We call Niles...Nearly Niles cause hes aways NEARLY there. :)

He doesnt bark much but when he does he sounds like a walrus!

Edited by sammy_ballerina

:o

Yeah but before she arrived puppies didn't really do anything for me... Until I spent time with Fable. That amount of spunk was enough for me to go weak at the knees :laugh:

LOL my mum would love one!! I like beagles better though :D

Though Keeshond puppies.... That's another story. :p

Says who :) I have a 3 of the last litter we had here (10 wks onTuesday) and I'm still puppy clucky. :D