About Time

Gilypoo

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/7950809/p...or-torching-dog

Parole refused for torching dog13:28 AEST Wed Aug 25 2010

A US parole board has refused to grant conditional release to a man serving a seven-year prison sentence for setting his pit bull on fire and beating him with a shovel, the board said.

The eight-year old dog, named Louis Vuitton, has fully recovered from his 2007 ordeal and was present at the Alabama Board of Pardons and Paroles hearing as a material witness against his former owner, Juan Daniels, 26.

Daniels lit the animal on fire with lighter fluid in the 2007 attack.

The next parole hearing for Daniels will come no sooner than July 2012.

GREAT NEWS :provoke:

Im soo glad people are being held accountable for doing this type of thing..

I hope it wasnt to stressfull for Louis to see his old owner and to be in a court/ parole room...

I think anyone that does things like that should receive the same treatment as punishment. I bet that covering him in lighter fluid, setting him alight and hitting him with a shovel would make him think twice about doing something like that again. It would also be theraputic for me! :provoke:

Oh that is really nice to see that he is staying in jail

Due to the insensitive and inappropriate content of my previous post I have deleted it so not to further offend people.

Edited by casowner

Yep, about time

I agree, they should get the same treatment back for what they do to animals then they can rot in prison ..no need for that rubbish in this world.

I watch animal cops I tell you those people have really good control of themselves I'd be the one beating them with shovels for the dog abuse

What he needs is for someone to tie a 4ft wick to his old feller and then light it in front of a group of animal lovers whilst his hands are tied

Erm.. got some penis issue you need to discuss?

Seriously, I can't help but wonder why anyone would suggest something like that or why some people seem to jump immediately to mutilation of genitals as a form of punishment.

That aside, I really don't think it's an appropriate comment to make on a forum that can be accessed by minors and is not expected to contain content of a penis burning variety..

Do you think this person would have received the same penalty/sentence if he was in Australia? My feeling, only from my own observations, is that the likelihood of actually gaining a decent conviction (and actual, ongoing jail-time) for this type of animal abuse is much lower in Australia than it appears to be in the US. Thoughts?

Oh that is really nice to see that he is staying in jail

Due to the insensitive and inappropriate content of my previous post I have deleted it so not to further offend people.

Seriously, I can't help but wonder why anyone would suggest something like that or why some people seem to jump immediately to mutilation of genitals as a form of punishment.

That aside, I really don't think it's an appropriate comment to make on a forum that can be accessed by minors and is not expected to contain content of a penis burning variety..

Umm p**** issues not me at all

"That's what strap-ons are actually for. True story" from one of your recent quotes and my avatar doesn't have a finger going to touch a "noodly little appendage" either but that is ok for kids to see and read though. I guess it is in the eye of the beholder but my 7 year old son (who can't read small font luckily pointed it out to me and thought it was something rude too.

I'm not interested in a critical debate about my posts but if I did say something that was inappropriate then I sincerely apologise to those that were offended. I would be quite happy to edit and remove that quote if you would like but since you highlighted it in your post it would still be there for people to see.

And I agree that if the act of cruelty was done in Australia the perpertrator would have got off easier.

Edited to clarify I didn't "point" out the avatar my son he was showing me his hand drawn birthday card for his sister and he showed it to me and asked what it was

Edited by casowner

What he needs is for someone to tie a 4ft wick to his old feller and then light it in front of a group of animal lovers whilst his hands are tied

Umm penis issues not me at all

"That's what strap-ons are actually for. True story" from one of your recent quotes and my avatar doesn't have a finger going to touch a "noodly little appendage" either but that is ok for kids to see and read though. I guess it is in the eye of the beholder but my 7 year old son (who can't read small font luckily pointed it out to me and thought it was something rude too.

I'm not interested in a critical debate about my posts but if I did say something that was inappropriate then I sincerely apologise to those that were offended. I would be quite happy to edit and remove that quote if you would like but since you highlighted it in your post it would still be there for people to see.

The quote of mine was from Off Topic (which requires forum membership and 150 posts to view) and frankly, I see a considerable difference between a joke relating to plumbing and someone suggesting a man should have his penis burnt off as punishment. And if you can't see a difference there.. well... yeeah, I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

Regarding my avatar, it's a cropped down picture of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (full version of the image is here) as there was no way to resize the image to the correct size without turning it into a tiny, indecipherable blob of colour. The avatar text refers quite literally to what it is (no innuendo intended), a hand reaching out to touch one of the spaghetti limbs of the FSM (and it's also the name of the original image).

Picking through my previous posts in an attempt to find hypocrisy doesn't detract from what you've written and had I not commented on it, it would have remained there, untouched anyway so whether or not I remove quotes of it from my posts, it seems a little silly to me that you then try to make it seem as if I'm the one doing the wrong thing by not removing offensive material from my posts.

Back on topic..

I'll say the same thing here that I said in the cat thread- there are laws in place to punish people who abuse animals and regardless of how disgusted you ("you" being the reader, not picking at anyone here) feel, expressing a hope that this man gets raped in prison, has his penis burnt off or is otherwise brutally injured says something very negative about the person expressing those things.

Expressing compassion by hoping someone gets raped seems.. kind of backwards to me.

Actually I never said I hope he gets raped at all, I apologised for my post and in fact I was going to edit it after seeing it highlighted in OT but when I came in to do it I noticed you had pointed it out anyway in the general news forum so it was pointless.

Since my apology isn't good enough I have edited my post as I was going to originally so not to continue to offend but if you would like to keep yours there then that is your choice

Edited by casowner

Actually I never said I hope he gets raped at all, I apologised for my post and in fact I was going to edit it after seeing it highlighted in OT but when I came in to do it I noticed you had pointed it out anyway in the general news forum so it was pointless.

Since my apology isn't good enough I have edited my post as I was going to originally so not to continue to offend but if you would like to keep yours there then that is your choice

I was referring to Steve11's post (regarding the rape comment), not anything you'd said. Just wanted to clarify that.

I don't hope he gets raped. But only because that wouldn't be a severe enough punishment. If it were up to me, he'd be getting such a severe, painful and emotionally disturbing punishment, that he'd have wished for the chair.

Edit for spelling.

Edited by snow_wolf

I don't think that we (Australia) are tough enough on people that commit crimes against animals. I would get into more trouble for speeding than from beating/starving/abusing my dogs. The magistrates seem to be letting people off with a slap on the wrist, telling them they are very bad and shaking their finger at them. It's a bloody joke.

Just to clarify

The dog was not owned by the person who set him on fire etc. He is the 20 year old (at the time) son of the owner. The owner refused to let him borrow her car so he went over to her dog who was tied to a post, beat him with a shovel, poured lighter fluid over him and set him on fire. All because he was sooking about not being allowed to borrow his mum's car.

The dog was rescued and removed from the owner and renamed Lous Vuitton by the Montgomery Humane Society. The name they gave him is related to a previous similar case that changed the law in America and made it a capital offence to torture or abuse dogs.

Louis is now living with a lovely family and doing very well but he went through an awful lot to get there. He's actually living a much better life atm than the scum who attacked him which makes me feel even more warm and fuzzy inside!

If you can stand it, the vet who treated him posted a photo record of his treatment on Youtube. I persevered and it really was hard to take but worth seeing what lengths they went to and the beautiful outcome. To me it was worth it just to get the other side of humanity - the side that will go to any lengths to save an animal that clearly wants to live.

I guess you could skip to the final video if you can't bear to see what this beautiful guy went through (he's a pit bull by the way - and the most loving gentle little fella, despite all this!!).

ANyway - this is the first video

The other two are named Luis Vuitton weeks 3 & 4 and Louis Vuitton - A life defined. Both are in the sidebar of the first video (ignore all the other rubbish in there!!) and the Life Defined one is all positive and nice (ie recommended for the squeamish and for anyone who just wants to feel good and go Awwwwwww!).

The lengths the vets went to in order to help this little dude is nothing short of heroic!! :rofl: And they got lots and lots of donations to help them provide him with the latest cutting edge treatments.

I am thrilled to hear he did not get an early release - filthy little creep.

Do you think this person would have received the same penalty/sentence if he was in Australia? My feeling, only from my own observations, is that the likelihood of actually gaining a decent conviction (and actual, ongoing jail-time) for this type of animal abuse is much lower in Australia than it appears to be in the US. Thoughts?

I agree with that. Our laws are just not tough enough when it comes to animal cruelty. I don't agree with penis burning, etc, but major fines and a reasonable stint in jail may be more of a deterent. The 7-year sentence sounded pretty reasonable to me. Here in Aus, I wouldn't have been surprised if it was 7 months, if any jail time was allocated at all. Also, perhaps an order of compensation towards the animal's owners or a hefty 'donation' to the RSPCA or equivilent, could be included in the punishment. I know in this case, the perpetrator was the son of the animal's owner, but a fine that goes towards the treatment of animals in such cases, could only be a good thing. Hope life is kinder to you throughout the rest of your days, Louis.