17yr Old Cat, Severed In Two.

julzjc

Sure looks like it but could just be badly worded I guess

Mutilated cat found in Sydney garden August 26, 2010 - 7:38AM

A mutilated cat has been discovered in a garden in western Sydney.

Police were called to a home at Glenfield after the owner discovered the cat's body severed in two on her front lawn about 9am yesterday.

Message 0424 SMS SMH (+61 424 767 764) or email us or direct message us on Twitter @smh_news with information or images.

The occupant let her 17-year-old cat out for the night after midnight yesterday and woke up to find it had suffered horrific injuries.

Police believe those responsible may have left the area by Harrow Road.

The RSCPA has been notified.

Police are appealing for anyone who may have seen the cat, described as having red/brown short fur, in the early hours of the morning to come forward.

I heard this on the radio this morning and then a few seconds later, drove past a dead cat on the road. :rofl:

Why can't people contain their cats. It is so much safer for them.

Please, please, please cat owners. Keep your cats contained and keep them safe.

To me it is like say "hey gran I know you are 90 and all but if you wake up in the middle of the night and want to go to the toilet it will annoy me so nick off outside and go behind the bush if you need too".

17 years old for goodness sake :rofl: when will we start valuing our animals lives more

And to the sick little f'er that did it I hope Karma rips you a new one

I agree, try not to let cats out too much especially that age.

Learnt my lesson when my cat Sebastian got shot 5 times by a pellet gun - he lived just had to remove the pellets. To me, there seems to be much more cat abuse going on in the suburbs lately.

It is absolutely disgusting what happened to this cat. I seriously hope they catch whoever did it and throw the book at them. And I hope the owners of the cat will keep any future cats safely indoors.

Now, everyone knows that I am a crazy cat lady. I love them to bits. But I'll tell you why some people hate cats so much. Because other people let their cats roam. Roaming cats are a nuisance. Roaming cats kill wildlife and leave the remains on someone else's property, they crap in people's gardens and in children's sand pits, they fight which is noisy and upsets people's dogs, they piss on people's cars and front doors, they sit on your outer window sill and cause problems between your indoor cats... If you love your cat, keep it INSIDE!!

It is absolutely disgusting what happened to this cat. I seriously hope they catch whoever did it and throw the book at them. And I hope the owners of the cat will keep any future cats safely indoors.

Now, everyone knows that I am a crazy cat lady. I love them to bits. But I'll tell you why some people hate cats so much. Because other people let their cats roam. Roaming cats are a nuisance. Roaming cats kill wildlife and leave the remains on someone else's property, they crap in people's gardens and in children's sand pits, they fight which is noisy and upsets people's dogs, they piss on people's cars and front doors, they sit on your outer window sill and cause problems between your indoor cats... If you love your cat, keep it INSIDE!!

Agreed. I definitely don't think the cat nor the owner deserved this, but I still really don't understand why anyone thinks it's okay to let their cat roam the streets. Definitely agree - if you love your cat, keep it inside/in a run etc.