Should I Or Shouldn't I? Any Thoughts Appreciated.

spottychick

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah looks like this has fallen in a heap. I just tried calling again. This time the phone was answered and I heard a brief bit of "family" chatter then the phone was disconnected. I rang back and got voice mail. I left a message asking him to please let me know what's going on even if he's changed his mind - to at least let me know.

But I don't hold out much hope. This smacks of cowardly "avoidance" to me.

They've either given the pup to someone else or changed their mind about selling him and are too gutless to let me know. Really wierd considering the last time I spoke with them he was all thrilled about him coming to a "dalmatian family" etc

ANyway, I'm very disappointed and sad but I will get over it I guess. I'm more worried for the poor puppy - I just dread finding him at a pound in a few months/couple of years time.

I have just read through this thread. I am so sorry this hasn't worked out.....

I had the same problem ringing a company about a complaint, they never answered the phone when I rang. So I used a different phone (mobile, neighbours phone) and it shows a different number on their phone and they will answer it. I think they are avoiding your calls....it worked for me.

Good Luck

BF

Doesn't sound good. Maybe they think that getting money for the pup is more important than placing it in a suitable home :confused:

Can you get a friend to call to enquire about the pup and see if he's still available?

Hope the pup is okay, I know you'll worry about him.

Yeah looks like this has fallen in a heap. I just tried calling again. This time the phone was answered and I heard a brief bit of "family" chatter then the phone was disconnected. I rang back and got voice mail. I left a message asking him to please let me know what's going on even if he's changed his mind - to at least let me know.

But I don't hold out much hope. This smacks of cowardly "avoidance" to me.

They've either given the pup to someone else or changed their mind about selling him and are too gutless to let me know. Really wierd considering the last time I spoke with them he was all thrilled about him coming to a "dalmatian family" etc

ANyway, I'm very disappointed and sad but I will get over it I guess. I'm more worried for the poor puppy - I just dread finding him at a pound in a few months/couple of years time.

That's the point of course - one that so many people wanting to "get rid of a dog" just don't and will never understand :confused::rofl:

Doesn't sound good. Maybe they think that getting money for the pup is more important than placing it in a suitable home :rofl:

Can you get a friend to call to enquire about the pup and see if he's still available?

Hope the pup is okay, I know you'll worry about him.

My concern too.

It is hard s/chick and we all hope too that little pup doesn't end up somewhere inappropriate. :confused:

Thanks for sharing my frustration folks. I was very sad for a moment there.

HOWEVER I finally got hold of him. It seems he wants to go ahead now. Grrrrrr I have no idea what's going on over there. I asked him about the dogs vacc certificate (re breeders name) but he just got all grumpy and said he doesn't care who bred him.

But I have missed the window of opportunity to pick him up/meet him/intro my dogs etc - I was trying to organise it all for today or yesterday but I couldn't get hold of him. And now he's impatient and talking about how he's going away on holiday in a day or so and the dog MUST go now.

So now I'm trying to find someone to help, even if it's just to pick up the puppy and bring him over to me, I cant do that for a few days now. If worst comes to worst I have arranged things so that I can separate all the dogs here (hopefully that won't be necessary!!).

Anyway - I've just left a message at the local dog boarding kennel to see if they'll pick him up for me. They're just down the road from me so hopefully they can do it without it being too expensive.

Any other ideas of who can help with picking up dogs and taking them to rural areas in tassie? We don't seem to have lots of options here :confused:

Good greif! What a pain.

I have just read through this thread. I am so sorry this hasn't worked out.....

I had the same problem ringing a company about a complaint, they never answered the phone when I rang. So I used a different phone (mobile, neighbours phone) and it shows a different number on their phone and they will answer it. I think they are avoiding your calls....it worked for me.

Good Luck

BF

Hey bluefairy - yep! It works :confused:

Sounds like you're having similar frustrations to what I went through with Banshee's former owner. It seems once they know your priority is the welfare of the dog, they think they can just waste your time and mess you about. They've got all the time in the world to make a decision because they know you're not going anywhere.

I hope you're able to get hold of the pup and it all works out with the two you have at home. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Something that occurs to me is that maybe my asking around about Dalmatian breeders has perhaps spurred the "original" breeder of the puppy into action and they have contacted the puppy person?

I don't know ellz. I still don't know why none of my calls were returned over the past 3 or 4 days. But after talking with him it doesn't sound like he has heard anything. Mind you - I'm not sure of anything anymore.

Right. Finally got the owners OH on the phone - she sounded a bit suspicious of me till I explained who I was LOL

Looks like puppy's getting here on Thursday!! :shrug::)

I asked if they could send me a pic but he just laughed at me as if I was mad to suggest he might have a pic of the dog.

Also asked his OH about vaccinations. Seems they have no paperwork at all - the last lot of vaccinations were done 6 weeks ago by a friend who has her own vaccines so there's nothing on paper. I think I'll pop him into the vets asap and just have him checked over.

I quite like the name Skipper too - believe it or not I was thinking of that name before I read Haylz's post! :rofl: But Rumba isn't bad either.....

But I'm still going to try to hold off on excitement until he's actually here. :laugh: