Should I Or Shouldn't I? Any Thoughts Appreciated.

spottychick

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harley - he really is. You should see him in person. This fella is behaving incredibly well and has already slotted into the routine here.

Ahh mothermoocher - A Diversion of delightful dotty dalmatians hee hee

Dylan spent most of yesterday afternoon/this morning chewing on a huge doggy bone. They all had one and there was NO aggression from anyone. Occassionally someone snarled and pinched someone else's bone and then they all swapped until it happened again. But there was nothing serious behind it.

Today he's just sitting here quietly waiting to go for a walk. Little angel .... for the moment.

Something tells me Dylan won't be leaving you spottychick :rofl:

I loved reading about your work with Tango and the Dylan story is pretty awesome too. You're lucky to have found 3 lovelies in Pepper, Tango and Dylan. I hope it continues and adolescence doesn't get in the way of the happy spotty family.

PS: Pepper's my favourite. Just a little bit of bias perhaps.

Hi spottychick. Congrats on the 'rescue' :idea:

Sounds like Pepper is just being a mum and may have really taken to her role. Dont be too concerned about the noises and not letting him move/breathe etc sounds normal :rofl:

You sound like its under control anyway :rolleyes:

Harley - he really is. You should see him in person. This fella is behaving incredibly well and has already slotted into the routine here.

Ahh mothermoocher - A Diversion of delightful dotty dalmatians hee hee

Dylan spent most of yesterday afternoon/this morning chewing on a huge doggy bone. They all had one and there was NO aggression from anyone. Occassionally someone snarled and pinched someone else's bone and then they all swapped until it happened again. But there was nothing serious behind it.

Today he's just sitting here quietly waiting to go for a walk. Little angel .... for the moment.

Oh so much better :rolleyes: :idea: .

I want to hang my head in shame when I think about "my advice" to you when you were wondering whether to take Dylan. Thank god you did it your way.

LOL There was nothing wrong with your advice MM - And I took it on board when thinking about what to do. :eek:

He had a lovely time this afternoon. I took him to a special place where I've been walking the dallys lately. It's a tourist attraction area with beautiful walks etc and the guy who runs it owns a rescued "failed" cattle dog (kelpie I think) girl who when I first met them they told me "didn't get along with other dogs". But we introduced Tango and Pepper and they've become BFFs LMAO She gets all silly when she sees our car and starts leaping about and whimpering apparently. So I have a routine now where I call in to their house on the way to the forest walk and collect Rusty to come with us.

But I wasnt sure about introducing another dog, let alone a bouncy big puppy into the mix. Also, this is the place where Tango seems to get a little feral and nicks off on me when we're heading back to the car. I have to go driving around looking for him!!!!! :rofl: So I'd been reluctant to put myself thru all the stress of idiotic Tango antics as well as the new pup. But I'd run into Rusty's owner down the shop who'd asked when I was coming up for a walk next so I thought Id give it a go.

ANYway. I drove in and called Rusty (I call and beep the horn and she follows the car to the parking bay about a mile from her house) and got to the walking track. Let all three dogs out and she and Dylan are all sniffing at each other and carrying on. Next thing...... they're off and running!!! Tearing around like a couple of interlocked Disneyland Tassie Devils! :rolleyes:

They had the BEST time. Usually Rusty has fun but in an odd way. She tries to play "herding" with Tango but he takes off at great speed and she gives up. So Rusty hides behind bushes and rushes out at Pepper instead, but Pepper isn't into pretending to be a mob of sheep for Rusty to herd and just sort of looks at her disdainfully and trots off. Still Rusty seems to love it anyway. I could just tell that "something" was missing for her.

But Dylan was up for anything! They hurtled around jumping all over each other and nearly knocking me off my feet several times - if I hadn't been nimble and leapt out of their way. Manic little devils. Dylan was sent tumbling several times by Rusty's exuberance and he LOVED it.

I have no idea what Tango did or where he was. I was so busy monitoring the idiots and dodging hurtling dogs and calling out to Pepper to "Look out!!!!!" that I didn't have time to think about tango. Occassionally I'd call him just to let him know vaguely where we were.

Every now and then he appeared out of nowhere, grabbed a treat and buggered off again. :rofl:

Pepper and Rusty also popped over for treats but try as I might I couldn't raise any interest in treats from Dylan. He'd come over because the other two were with me but all he did was leap on them and ignored my hand with the treat in it.

SO we got back to the car. Tango has - of course - raced ahead and nicked off somewhere, as usual. Rusty is lying down near the car looking exhausted. Pepper hops in the back of the car, Rusty gets in the back seat and Dylan refuses to get in at all. In the end I had to pick him up and put him in the back just as Rusty got out again and sat back on the ground. And then, as I was closing the back of the car on Dylan, Tango comes running up from wherever the hell he'd been! I dared not open the back of the car again because Pep and Dylan would jump out and the whole thing would start all over again. So I opened the back passenger door and Tango hopped in and sat up nicely, like a little person. He looked well pleased with himself sitting up there in the back seat all the way home hahahahahahaha

On the way home I popped in on friends to pick up some eggs and I let Dylan out of the car. There were chickens and other critters wandering about everywhere. He showed no interest at all - even when the chooks fluttered and clucked at him. :idea:

And now...................... they are all sleeping!

Dylan and his bone

post-10457-1285228205_thumb.jpg

Edited by spottychick

Nah TD. They are lovely people and loving dog owners but I wouldn't let them have him. Rusty has a great life for a rescued cattle dog but they don't let dogs inside and they only feed her basic kibble (I cant remember the brand - large brightly coloured stuff - PAL maybe?) and their property is not fenced (although it's many many acres of forest). Rusty wont go anywhere but a dally probably would and the main road (read East Coast highway road) is just outside their property - about 3 ks from their house. Also they have 4 gorgeous cabins for tourists to stay in and a tourism display/interpretive walk so there is traffic coming and going all the time.

But it's fantastic to know if Dylan is making a nuisance of himself I can just pack him in the car and get Rusty to tire him out for me :laugh:

okay...... I was mucking about with the mobile ph trying to work out how to make it record a video and suddenly I realised it WAS recording a video LMAO

So I've posted it on Youtube. It's nothing special but I thought some of you might like to see Dylan and Tango and Pep in "action".

Please forgive the wierd shots of cupboards etc I've never done it before so I wasn't very good at it LOL

Edited by spottychick

Spottychick, I often think as far as crazy dog people go, we seem quite alike :laugh: , but when I saw your video I couldn't believe that you sound exactly like me when I hear myself on video! We talk to our dogs the same way too :rofl: . And then I heard you call Pepper 'Peps'. That's what I call my Pepper too ... as well as Peppy, Pep peps and Pepster ;)

All three dogs look terrific! What a great job you're doing :laugh:

Loved the story with Rusty too :rofl: