Should I Or Shouldn't I? Any Thoughts Appreciated.

spottychick

Well, how are the famous threesome going today?

Harley - they were hilarious today and one or two interesting developments. But I might leave it till tomorrow to write about it because I am REALLY tired. Suffice to say they kept a couple of visiting neighbours laughing and highly amused the whole time they were here, particularly Dylan - he really is funnier than a bucket of farts :)

Thanks for asking! ;)

Edited by spottychick

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, how are the famous threesome going today?

Harley - they were hilarious today and one or two interesting developments. But I might leave it till tomorrow to write about it because I am REALLY tired. Suffice to say they kept a couple of visiting neighbours laughing and highly amused the whole time they were here, particularly Dylan - he really is funnier than a bucket of farts :)

Thanks for asking! ;)

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaa ;) *slaps the floor*

can't wait to hear all about it :eek:

Okay - so about yesterday.... (sorry this post is going to be a bit epic. Don't feel obliged to read it all LOL)

First off, a bit of context. I was actually just starting to worry about my dogs attitude toward the puppy and wondering if I had done the wrong thing by the pup because my two were being constantly aggressive towards him.

So yesterday morning my day begins at 5 am when I am rudely woken up by the fact that my face is fully squashed into the bedside table and I can't breathe!!! :eek: It takes me a few moments to work out that I have a dog practically buried in the back of my head/neck area and another one buried in my back and I'm almost being pushed right off the side of my bed!! Turns out to be Dylan on my head and HIS head is snuggled so deeply into me that if I moved it seemed to move with me - not that I had much room to move to!!! It WAS bone-chillingly cold last night so I guess Dylan and Pepper were being sneaky heat-seeking missiles. As it is freezing and I'm awake anyway, I make a cuppa, climb back into bed to read for a while and Pepper and Dylan get under the blankets together while Tango snuggles into my legs. Ahhhh so cosy!

Anyway, fast forward to later that day:

... the neighbours teenage son ("the Troll" according to his mum) came over to mow my lawn. After a great deal of mowing I called the Troll over for a milo and cheezel break (his request!) and we sat on the deck with Pepper chewing on a bone, Tango dozing on the trampoline bed behind her and Dylan playing with his new chew toy on the grass in front of us.

Now I don't know if words can do justice to what happened next but I'll give it a try - apologies for how long this will probably be!!!

Dylan suddenly starts "barking". Now Dylan barking is a laugh-fest in itself. I wish I could do sound here. It's this sort of long-winded high-pitched sort of run-together yapping. It sounds like he's talking - or rather - a whiney child nagging. Like: "Awww come on...... I'm so BORED !!!! 'n I'm sick to death of this stupid chew toy why can't you get off your lazy bottoms and play with me for heavens sake, what's a guy gotta do......" etc etc

Seriously he just goes on and on and it gets louder and louder until Tango, still lying on the bed, lets out this massively loud BARK! Like "SHUDDUP WOULD YA!!!". SO Dylan stops for a second, wriggles on the ground slightly and then starts up again - only this time he throws in a pretend "attack" at Tango and darts off slightly still naggin his fool head off. Pepper continues chewing and completely ignores him. Tango sets up a growly barky thing. Dylan keeps going on and on and doing "dare-ya" darts at Tango getting closer and closer.

Troll and I are in fits of laughter. This truly was hilarious to watch and I keep saying "Dylan - you're gonna get hurt!!!" while I'm laughing. Dylan just keeps going - upping the ante every time. We're doing a running commentary and Troll does Dylan - it gets to Dylan "saying" - "Oi! Poo-spots!!!! I double dare ya!!" Suddenly it's ON! Tango flies out of the bed snarling and putting on his scariest display. Troll and I jump out of our skins and Dylan takes off at great speed with his bum down. :( legs tumbling everywhere! Tango flies after him all snarls and vicious barking. Dylan hides behind the car.

Tango comes back huffing and mumbling, doing u-turns, gets halfway back and Dylan pops his head around the car, Tango stops, runs back barking and circling at him (Dylan disappears again) then returns to us and gets back into bed. He has this "There. I've sorted that little upstart" attitude. Troll and I - :D :o :D

Seconds later - Dylan comes flying back - DOES IT ALL OVER AGAIN. Tango is totally pushed to the edge and flies at him again. Dylan takes off with Tango in hot pursuit and they race around the car then over to the open lawn area where Dylan starts doing zoomies and prancing like a young colt - :grouphug: teasing Tango who by this time has completely lost it. It's like Dylan is going "nya nya nya you cant catch me" and Tango is all "Right you little creep! You're toast". Troll says: "Dylan thinks this is the best game ever!!!!! hahahahahahhaa" :(

This happens all over again at least 2 more times. LMAO Each time Tango sounds more scarey and Dylan just seems to get more arsey in response! Note - not once did Dylan display ANY aggression toward Tango. Just cheek! But interestingly, Tango never actually catches him - even tho I'm quite sure he could!!

So, just as Troll and I are trying work out if Tango is ever really gonna hurt Dylan OR Tango actually doesn't have it in him to hurt him at all and concluding that we think Tango is secretly enjoying himself - Tango comes trotting back grumbling away and gets back on his bed with a "humph!". Dylan follows close behind at top speed, big smile on his face - full of the joy of life - takes a flying leap up on the deck, miscalculates and lands squarely on Pepper's back!!! She catapults off the floor snarling, pins him down in a flash and bites him - HARD! Dylan screams and runs over to me and sooks into my arms. :( :D

It was such a SURPRISE - we had actually completely forgotten Pepper! Troll and I just lost it and were in tears of laughter.

Anyway, that momentarily put a stop to things and Dylan sort of lay down and nodded off for a while.

One more thing happened that adds to this. Trolls mum came over for a coffee and saw some of this. Later we were sitting in the kitchen chatting over coffee when Dylan started up his nagging/teasing again. :rofl: Tango snarled and flew at him but Dylan had nowhere to go so he got caught by Tango against the door just behind Trolls mum. I heard Dylan let out this blood-curdling scream like he'd been seriously injured. I was about to react when my neighbour said - "Wait! Tango didn't even touch him" Hahahahahaha She was laughing and said "He just lunged at Dylan growling and Dylan screamed and carried on like a pork chop".

I just had to laugh at that and wondered how many times I've thought one of my dogs actually hurt him when it was really just him being a big baby!!!!

So that's the days entertainment. WHen my neighbours left they thanked me for the comedy show. Hee heee. I wish I'd got it on film but I hope I got across how funny it was in words anyway.

The main thing for me is that I feel much MUCH more confident about all these dogs being together. I really don't think Tango is going to hurt Dylan and I think Tango is finally getting it that NO-ONE is out to hurt him.

I think what happened yesterday is as far as Tango will ever go (at least while Dylan is still a pup). Pepper is now playing with him occassionally (they are play bowing at each other as I type) and only puts him in his place now and then. And I actually think Tango and Pepper are happier since this little bundle of mischief arrived here.

Bringing the puppy into the mix seems to me to be having a very positive effect on them both.

LMAO It's looking more and more likely. But I dont want to set myself up for disappointment so I'm not committing either way yet. There's still a chance this wont work so I'm proceeding on the assumption he wont be staying, just in case. But that doesn't mean I don't want him - and if all works out he definitely has a permanent home here - how could he not????

This little fella is so smart and seems to have the sweetest personality. He's a delight. Poor little dude accidentally stuck his nose on a just boiled metal kettle today and has a slight burn just on his bottom jaw. I've been putting paw paw on it and it doesn't seem to be bothering him so hopefully it isnt too bad.

Oh my goodness I just had quite a scare!

Walking the dogs on the river walk today. Most of the edges of the river are steep, lots of trees and sheer drops to the river varying in height from about 3 or 4 feet upwards. But the walk itself is away from there and nicely set up with a path and lawns etc. Anyway, I have Dylan and Pepper off lead and Tango on a long lead. Suddenly I hear a loud kerplunk and snap my head around to see where the dogs are. Dylan is missing!!!

From somewhere over the lawns and across the embankment I can hear splashing and then silence! After a while, I hear another kerplunk, silence, then splashing. Then silence. I figure he tried to climb up and fell back in. I listen but can't hear anything at all. Pepper has sussed out the problem and she's headed into the trees and is racing along the edge of the embankment looking into the river and over at me trying to spot him. She will actually "point" in situations like this - no pointing.

My hearts in my mouth and I'm calling his name, running and trying to see down into the river. I can see part of it but not where it's closest to land. Then I hear splashing again. *sigh of relief* so I'm calling his name and frantically trying to work out how to get down to the water and where the hell he is. I tie Tango to a tree, race further down the emankment, take off my back pack - all the while calling Dylan and listening for him. Then the splashing stops. Silence. :birthday:

I run through trees, get to the embankment edge and there's another steep drop of about 5 feet to the water but no sign of Dylan. Just a bit further downstream there's rapids and the water is fast flowing with hidden currents. Still no splashing sounds. I"m about ready to burst into tears when I see his head pop out of the water, he's way out in the middle of the river heading to the other side. He is swimming well but the wrong way and he looks tired - he keeps zig zagging trying to work out where to go. I call him again and he spins round, sees me, sinks, pops back up again and heads towards me. He is making good progress so I stop taking off my shoes (to jump in) and instead keep encouraging him, find a tree to tie myself to with my jumper so I can lean out and down to grab him. He comes up against the embankment directly below me and cant get purchase. I reach down snag his collar and literally haul him out by his neck and into my arms! :laugh:

FARRRRRKKKKKK!!!!!

Dylan is coughing and snorting and sooking a little and then he jumps out of my arms and leaps onto my backpack (of course) and shakes. Then he darts around doing zoomies coz it's all such fun isn't it!!! ;)

Meanwhile I'm rapidly moving back up onto the walkway to get Dylan as far away from the water as possible and once there I collapse in a heap on the grass. Dylan and Pepper do zoomies at each other. Tango has wound his lead around three other trees and is just standing there looking bemused.

I was so traumatised I actually walked all the way to the shops before realising I'd left my backpack at the river!!!

Man that was too close.

Edited by spottychick

SC it is wonderful to hear how well things are going with your new addition.

It is lovely that both Pepper and Tango are enjoying having Dylan even if he does like to tease them the little terror. :laugh:

What a horrible fright you had this afternoon! I can only imagine how that would have felt.

So glad that no one was injured. Don't you just love how young pups just seem to bounce back so quickly? I mean he must have been exhausted but still had a reserve to do zoomies with Pepper!

I think you deserve a couple of stiff drinks given the afternoon you have had! ;)

Thanks for keeping us updated. It is lovely to read about the adventures.

OMG, spotty, your stories are supposed to have us in fits of laughter, not chilled to the bone with fear :birthday::birthday: . What a terrifying experience for you, while the boy thinks it is all good fun.

If you intend keeping Dylan, you'd better start putting in ramps, bars to hold onto in the shower and around stairs, get an emergency call button to hang around your neck, etc etc because you are going to age very quickly. :laugh: ;) . I think I've aged just reading about his antics.

I remember once when I was doing a bit of rock hopping with my Rotti girl to get from the main beach to a more secluded cove around the bay (Middle Harbour area of Sydney) - I turn around to see where the dog is, and if she needs help finding her way - no dog in sight.... AARRGGHH!!! Now this is a 40kg Rotti we are talking about - she can't just disappear, right? Well, I retrace my steps and find her wedged down about 2 feet between 2 big rocks, just waiting patiently for me to come and save her... the look on her face said "well - took your bloody time!"... so I'm perched straddling these two large rocks, reach down, and with one hand, manage to pull all 40kg of Rotti up and out and onto the biggest rock. It's amazing where you can find strength when your baby needs you, isn't it?

Now - I think one SC needs a very stiff drink... and 3 spotty dogs all need some extra cuddles... it's been a big day... *grin*

T.

SC I would have had 3 heart attacks, 2 fainting fits, 1 scream fit and then would have jumped into the cold water (boots & all) :laugh:

You DO need a drink!

The joys of puppyhood :laugh:

Edited by HonBun

I jumped into a flooded creek to rescue our farm dog when he had stupidly gone in after a wayward duck... my mum still bags me about that - nearly 30 years later!!

T.

Awwww but you just have to!!!! :)

Well, I retrace my steps and find her wedged down about 2 feet between 2 big rocks, just waiting patiently for me to come and save her... the look on her face said "well - took your bloody time!"... so I'm perched straddling these two large rocks, reach down, and with one hand, manage to pull all 40kg of Rotti up and out and onto the biggest rock. It's amazing where you can find strength when your baby needs you, isn't it?

:laugh: :laugh:

Lucky she wasn't injured in the fall!

Yes it is amazing. Dylan isn't quite that heavy but he's no lightweight!

:laugh: OMG, what stress!!!! I'm so glad it turned out all right though.

Thanks :laugh: The good news is he CAN swim and he came straight to me.

My other boy I used to have never did learn to swim. He used to just paddle frantically in one spot and slowly sink if he landed in water. I think he just splashed his front legs and did nothing with his back legs so he couldn't get any forward motion or get his back legs up! Dylan was pretty good at it from what I could see.

SC it is wonderful to hear how well things are going with your new addition.

It is lovely that both Pepper and Tango are enjoying having Dylan even if he does like to tease them the little terror. :laugh:

What a horrible fright you had this afternoon! I can only imagine how that would have felt.

So glad that no one was injured. Don't you just love how young pups just seem to bounce back so quickly? I mean he must have been exhausted but still had a reserve to do zoomies with Pepper!

I think you deserve a couple of stiff drinks given the afternoon you have had! :laugh:

Thanks for keeping us updated. It is lovely to read about the adventures.

Hee hee - at least it meant he has been quiet all day since we got home. Poor lad exhausted himself.

I still have no idea where he went in or how far he fell. Not sure I want to!

OMG, spotty, your stories are supposed to have us in fits of laughter, not chilled to the bone with fear :):) . What a terrifying experience for you, while the boy thinks it is all good fun.

If you intend keeping Dylan, you'd better start putting in ramps, bars to hold onto in the shower and around stairs, get an emergency call button to hang around your neck, etc etc because you are going to age very quickly. :laugh::laugh: . I think I've aged just reading about his antics.

ROFLMAO THe house already has support bars around the backyard stairs and paths (due to the old dear who lived here a few years ago!) so i'm well on the way! :rofl:

I don't think he thought it was too much fun while he was in there!! :) A bit later I went to a safe sheltered part of the river where some people were paddling and enjoying our first truly warm day of the year. I wanted to reintroduce him to the river safely. It has a gentle slope down to still shallow water and Pepper ran straight in but Dylan wouldn't go near it. Tango never does - he has a water phobia. So I hope it hasn't put him off water.