Supplies Box

tianakaesha

At a dog show last weekend I was introduced to the concept of the aluminum box for grooming and tack supplies for dog stuff.

I *really* like the idea for all of my rabbit stuff. I thought about a tackle box, but I kinda like the sexiness of the aluminum cases.

But I don't particularly like the price tags on the ones I saw at the dog shows... *gulp*

What do you use to carry all of your "stuff" for dog shows/agility/grooming etc...

Photos are very welcome! :)

Over the years I've been involved with dog shows, I've had a variety of different tack boxes. I started with an old school bag. Then I saw everybody had plastic sewing boxes (without the tray insert) so I emptied my sewing stuff out and used that. Then everybody had wooden ones, so I got one of those. Then the fashion was aluminium and I was lucky enough to win a large aluminium grooming box in a dog show raffle (was a good weekend that one as we won Junior In Show at two major metro shows at Erskine Park as well! :grouphug:). Then I had a variety of different human ones that were smaller but more organised, and then came the Plush Puppy tack box. And then the Wahl grooming bag (which is now my braiding bag).

My latest, and what will probably be with me for a while yet is a craft box. It is like a plastic crate on wheels with a retractable handle. It has a vinyl insert that becomes the lining as well as pockets on the outside. It is roomy, great as a "catch all" and because it is on wheels, very portable.

Ive gone through so many boxes trying to find exactly the right one. I think I have found it. Its a make up case from Priceline. It was about $70, but fits everything I need in there, and everything has its own place. The only thin it doest fit is tall bottles of stuff. But thats ok becasue I dont need anything like that for my breed.

I used to have a nice aluminium craft case from bunnings... but now i don't show the setters I moved to a regular "coolbag" with a front pocket... suits my needs for a breed that doesn't need grooming or prep at the show..

Wehn I went to find the same alumium case for my sister for her OES, i couldn't find anything, so i bought her one of those "tool bags" which is a cube shape with a number of pockets and zips on the outside, and sections and pockets on the inside... it's strong material like canvas and it has both a handle and a strap... it's excellent as you can access everything you need easily but I found that everything is also exposed so might be at higher risk of things being taken if left alone... anyway, about a month after I gave it to my sister I saw so many peopel with them also I have no idea if i started a new craze or if it just started at the same time I got mine! (i think the latter)