Nutro Dog Dood

pinky11

My local petstock had some sort of problem with Nutro and decided not to stock it. They only carry a couple of bags of Lamb & Rice now. They reckoned it was something to do with supply. Not convinced of that though as it happened about the time that they really started to push EP.

Mmmm wonder how that's working out for them now that there is a shortage of EP :rolleyes:

I thought all pet stocks would have been similar? But maybe they are privately owned? Ours sometimes sells kittens and puppies :laugh: come to think of it I have seen any kitties and pups there for a long time maybe they have changed thier policies, one can only hope, it's difficult when you live in a rural area and are limited for places to shop at!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy mine direct from the importer in NZ, is that not possible over there? I do have to buy a minimum of 4 bags at a time but that isn't a huge issue for me. It is a lot cheaper, just over $100 for a bag of lamb and rice and is freighted to my door.

Can I ask if you are buying the US or Australia copy of it? We used to buy via James in NZ when we stocked the US product - is it still the same there?

As Nutro is owned by Masterfoods, I don't think there'd be any direct selling in Australia - they don't with Advance so I would be surprised if Nutro was sold that way.

Interesting to hear about some smelly product as we found that in several skews not long before the US company was sold. We've chosen not to stock the current Nutro, although we are always happy to order in if anyone wants it. We also no longer have stands of EP, simply because of the ongoing supply issues that they've had over the past few years. Very frustrating.

Sags

Petstock told me it was made in Australia.

Maybe some places get preference over others. This is the second time i have needed a bag and there has been none and they can't get any in. Not sure why.

Got the nutro samples in the post today they were very quick. 4 bags of 150 gram 2 chicken and 2 lamb.

Petstocks can be franchises.

I haven't noticed a problem with EP over here. My Petstock usually has good supplies. The power version is the only one I've had trouble getting.

EP Holistic Salmon and Anchovy has been unavailable for ages - mine used to love it.

Petstocks can be franchises.

I haven't noticed a problem with EP over here. My Petstock usually has good supplies. The power version is the only one I've had trouble getting.

EP Holistic Salmon and Anchovy has been unavailable for ages - mine used to love it.

Tried that a couple of weeks back. Purchased from Lilydale Petstock.

I started feeding Nutro probably 3 months ago because my sis-in-law and brother put their Golden Retriever onto it and were over the moon with the results they saw with Jeda.

I asked probably 4 - 5 months ago about biscuits as my boy was getting UTI's and Crystals due to too much protein and I remember reading Hesapandabear had been feeding her show Shelties this for many years! That pretty much locked it in for me so I went and grabbed some and I couldn't be happier. I have feed Purina and Science Diet prior to this and the results for my boy weren't that great. Oscar thrives off Nutro and he has NEVER liked biscuits before, he ate them because they were mixed in with his mince and he would spit half of them out. With the Nutro he eats it out of his bowl on his own.

Massive thumbs up for Nutro in my opinion and would recommend it to anyone. :rofl:

I started feeding Nutro probably 3 months ago because my sis-in-law and brother put their Golden Retriever onto it and were over the moon with the results they saw with Jeda.

I asked probably 4 - 5 months ago about biscuits as my boy was getting UTI's and Crystals due to too much protein and I remember reading Hesapandabear had been feeding her show Shelties this for many years! That pretty much locked it in for me so I went and grabbed some and I couldn't be happier. I have feed Purina and Science Diet prior to this and the results for my boy weren't that great. Oscar thrives off Nutro and he has NEVER liked biscuits before, he ate them because they were mixed in with his mince and he would spit half of them out. With the Nutro he eats it out of his bowl on his own.

Massive thumbs up for Nutro in my opinion and would recommend it to anyone. :rolleyes:

I remember Oscar having the trouble with the uti and crystals, you might remember I had similar trouble with my boy Cooper. So it's great to hear the positive stories about this food. I'll look forward to changing them to something made in Oz for sure!

Massive thumbs up for Nutro in my opinion and would recommend it to anyone. :laugh:

I remember Oscar having the trouble with the uti and crystals, you might remember I had similar trouble with my boy Cooper. So it's great to hear the positive stories about this food. I'll look forward to changing them to something made in Oz for sure!

Yes I do remember you were having similar problems with Cooper. How is he now?

I feed Oscar the Chicken and Oatmeal as it is for sensitive tummies and being rice based I felt it wouldn't upset that area for him. Also I have been giving him 5000mgs of Cranberry powder everyday like some of the DOL guys told me to do and all this combined Oscar is such a healthy happy boy!

I recommend popping Coop onto the Cranberry if you already haven't.. It took about 6 weeks to clear up completely but he is perfectly fine now. Couldn't be happier ;)

Edited by Sunnyflower

Massive thumbs up for Nutro in my opinion and would recommend it to anyone. :laugh:

I feed Oscar the Chicken and Oatmeal as it is for sensitive tummies and being rice based I felt it wouldn't upset that area for him. Also I have been giving him 5000mgs of Cranberry powder everyday like some of the DOL guys told me to do and all this combined Oscar is such a healthy happy boy!

I recommend popping Coop onto the Cranberry if you already haven't.. It took about 6 weeks to clear up completely but he is perfectly fine now. Couldn't be happier :laugh:

Haven't had any trouble for a long while now, since he has been on the EP, so touch wood it will stay that way once we swap to Nutro. I give them a try of the samples last night and i have honestly never seen them eat dry food with such gusto ;)

Hi

Everyone out there who feeds Nutro , have you feed it to a pup or dog with dandruff? As my little guy has major dandruff ( also in puppy problem thread)what were the results?? No dandruff? (He's currently being feed RC dry plus sardines,chicken necks, being washed in aloveen)

thanks in advanced

Massive thumbs up for Nutro in my opinion and would recommend it to anyone. :cheer:

I recommend popping Coop onto the Cranberry if you already haven't.. It took about 6 weeks to clear up completely but he is perfectly fine now. Couldn't be happier :rofl:

Haven't had any trouble for a long while now, since he has been on the EP, so touch wood it will stay that way once we swap to Nutro. I give them a try of the samples last night and i have honestly never seen them eat dry food with such gusto :)

Fantastic he hasn't had an issues for a while.

;) I guess they are telling you they love it. Petbarn has $9 off their 3kg bags at the moment so maybe worth grabbing a little bag to see if Cooper has any trouble.

My dog had some dandruff after being at the kennel. She was fed nutro and sardines and casserole while she was there which is the same as she gets at home. So I could only guess the dandruff was a stress thing (there was a bad thunderstorm and she shredded her bed that night) or related to the hydrobath she got at the boarding kennel.

I've given her a few good brush outs, and a few trips to the beach and it's all gone now. Didn't change her diet at all.

My dog had some dandruff after being at the kennel. She was fed nutro and sardines and casserole while she was there which is the same as she gets at home. So I could only guess the dandruff was a stress thing (there was a bad thunderstorm and she shredded her bed that night) or related to the hydrobath she got at the boarding kennel.

I've given her a few good brush outs, and a few trips to the beach and it's all gone now. Didn't change her diet at all.

I'd say they didn't wash out the shampoo properly. I've never heard of a dog getting dandruff from stress and the Nutro has loads of oils in it so I can't imagine it drying out the skin.

So confusing, I asked my online store (Natural Pet Store) about Nutro and they said they were discontinuing it because it wasn't a good seller. :laugh: They until recently had good stocks of EP, but even they can't get it now.

A friend's rottie is doing well on Nutro though, but because I am changing from EP due to supply issues I dont' want to get into another supply problem after I change. Artemis looks too high protein for my dog (who is nearly 8) and when I googled Canidae first thing was a class action by pet owners in US due to alleged dog poisoning :)

So hard to know which way to go.