Scary Interaction With A Dog.

tianakaesha

I'm feeling quite fragile right now. I want to just cry cry cry.

The Divine Miss T and I were charged by what felt like the worlds biggest German Shepherd.

I heard it bark before looking over and seeing the dog running towards us. There was no wagging tail. No lopping gallop. It was at a steady pace with its head low, barking and grumbling while looking at Miss T. He aimed straight for her.

I threw her behind me and told her to stand still. I had my bag in front of me, T behind me, and I just moving to keep the barrier of myself between. He barked and growled and would not let us move. We were stuck in the middle of the road.

If I moved, it snapped at the Bag/Coat I had in my hand.

I started yelling for help. Just hoping someone would see us. Help us. Almost hyperventilating. The dog would not move, we were pinned in place.

Eventually a delivery man heard me and started walking towards us. The dog ran back to his house, the guy said "he's gone" and jumped into his car... and I quickly got Miss T into the car (30m away). I turned around and saw the dog running after a car. He turned and looked at me. I got T buckled in the car and ran to the drivers seat and just drove away.

I have reported it, recounted it, and every time I remember I start crying.

I've dealt with dogs before. Dog fights, even my own dog attacking me - but this, this really really really scared me.

Miss T just keeps asking "where's the doggy... is he gone?" grasping my leg...

*sigh*

Edited by tianakaesha

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy hell you poor thing :rofl:

Reading that made me feel sick too, I hope your daughter is okay :rofl::)

I know you are very upset but I would be demanding the council took proper action, the next time this happens the people/person/child may not be so lucky.

Did you see which house the dog went into?

Oh, glad your neighbour reported it too! I haven't see many GSDs in the area, so it may be the same one.

The council are searching for all GSDs registered in the area, especially on the road where the incident happened.

CW EW - this was near the school, so just watch out walking that area..

Oh, glad your neighbour reported it too! I haven't see many GSDs in the area, so it may be the same one.

The council are searching for all GSDs registered in the area, especially on the road where the incident happened.

Thanks for heads up..

I hope they get the dog!!

I'd be more worried about the unregistered ones.

Poodlefan, the dog appeared to have tags on the collar (address?) Not sure about council tags though. Definitely collared though.

The last dog I reported was not registered, but it was easy to locate the owner.

I have a headache now... I just want to sleep... or have a bath..

Poodlefan, the dog appeared to have tags on the collar (address?) Not sure about council tags though. Definitely collared though.

The last dog I reported was not registered, but it was easy to locate the owner.

I have a headache now... I just want to sleep... or have a bath..

Or a stiff drink.

And some chocolate. :rofl:

Oh my gosh, I thought too at first that miss T was a dog then realised no a child

either way totally unacceptable and would have been the scariest thing

glad that you were not hurt and that Miss T is okay too, can you go with her and meet some friendly dogs so she doesn't develop a phobia?

and hope the Council catches the dog quickly

That is just terrifying. No wonder you can't stop crying.

When you can, report it to the police and also to the heads of the schools in the neighbourhood so people can be made aware and make sure children aren't walking on their own.

Let local paper (if there is one) know about it too. If that dog isn't contained, there will soon be a thread in In The News forum. :rofl::rofl:

OMG I too thought at first that Miss T must of been your dog and though oh how scary, then i realised she is your young daughter :rofl: I am just so glad you managed to keep her safe what a great job you did!!! I have young children myself and the thought of that happening to them brings tears to my eyes so I can completely understand your crying. I hope they catch this dog soon and also the owners!!!!