Contract For Rehoming

hilaryo

If you want make sure you have the bitch to breed with I would keep her in my own back yard.

So many go down this path only to be very disappointed when it come to getting the bitch back.

If I want to breed with a bitch it stays HERE. ;)

If you want make sure you have the bitch to breed with I would keep her in my own back yard.

So many go down this path only to be very disappointed when it come to getting the bitch back.

If I want to breed with a bitch it stays HERE. :coffee:

I tend to agree with this, I would never put a bitch out on breeders terms in an ordinary pet home, it's just too risky especially if you don't know the people concerned. The bitch may have a mongrel litter, the people may find that having an entire bitch is too inconvenient and have her desexed without telling you or they may just decide that they don't want to part with her when the time comes for her to have a litter. Sure you have a contract in place, but if the bitch is desexed what's the point of it, what's done is done. And do you really want to have the hassle of trying to enforce the contract if things go wrong because there's absolutely no guarantee that you'll win.

If you want a bitch to breed from, the best thing is to keep it yourself unless you are absolutely 100% sure that the people taking the bitch will meet all the conditions and uphold their side of the contract. Believe me people will promise anything when they take a puppy, but fulfilling those promises is a different thing entirely and the fact that they've signed a contract is irrelevant.

Edited by Miranda

If I want to breed with a bitch it stays HERE. :coffee:

I tend to agree with this, I would never put a bitch out on breeders terms in an ordinary pet home, it's just too risky especially if you don't know the people concerned. The bitch may have a mongrel litter, the people may find that having an entire bitch is too inconvenient and have her desexed without telling you or they may just decide that they don't want to part with her when the time comes for her to have a litter. Sure you have a contract in place, but if the bitch is desexed what's the point of it, what's done is done. And do you really want to have the hassle of trying to enforce the contract if things go wrong because there's absolutely no guarantee that you'll win.

If you want a bitch to breed from, the best thing is to keep it yourself unless you are absolutely 100% sure that the people taking the bitch will meet all the conditions and uphold their side of the contract. Believe me people will promise anything when they take a puppy, but fulfilling those promises is a different thing entirely and the fact that they've signed a contract is irrelevant.

BITCH STAYS FULL STOP.......

Have had a lovely bitch desexed before it came time and was never told until I asked how she was going, also had a dog moved on without my knowledge and this lady was supposedly a friend!

Keep her there have your litter and then rehome if you want to.

Thanks for your replies. :)

Food for thought. Guess I might have to re-think this as you have mentioned a couple of things I hadn't considered. :)

Oakway, what are you doing in Tasmania? I haven't been on here for quite a while as you can gather.

put it this way. trusted 5 people with bitch pups on the agreement i would get a pup back.

3 of em were desexed first heat,........ho they were sooo much trouble.... yet not enough trouble to call me and ask me to board them or make any contactac whatsoever.

the last two?

died .. snakebite? who knows

the last? only waited 5 years to finally get a litter i could have a pup from. the kids loved the first one toooooo much to part with. the second lost all but one and again they sooooo loved it could they keep it. yay this time i get my pup.

my advice.

keep her one out of five aint great odds

Edited by inez

Wow - Im utterly amazed that people would do this!!

I have had two bitches on Breeders terms................Neither came to fruition for different reasons. However, this decision was made be both the breeder and myself with no dramas on either side. The contract was dissolved and the dogs became our long term pets. I was/am the trusted custodian of these dogs, and had I had any problems with the dog my first port of call was the breeder!!! Which happened quite a few times with the second bitch... :) :)

Im sorry youve had such bad, bad experiences inez! I truly cant understand that people would do this!! Dont these guys have any respect?

Thanks for your replies. ;)

Food for thought. Guess I might have to re-think this as you have mentioned a couple of things I hadn't considered. :)

Oakway, what are you doing in Tasmania? I haven't been on here for quite a while as you can gather.

Bloody well freezing :heart:

Like all old chooks I came home to roost, but I forgot how cold the perch was. :laugh:

I finally discovered that most pet owners simply don't understand or appreciate the work breeders have in breed development........they just think we throw two dogs together and wha la! The perfect pup arrives.

Many people will just tell you what they think you want to hear, I now do not trust anyone but me to hold onto a potential show/breeder that I may want to use. It was a sad day my OH said to me you can't trust anyone in this charade......made me wonder where humanity had gone.

Thanks for your replies. :rofl:

Food for thought. Guess I might have to re-think this as you have mentioned a couple of things I hadn't considered. :cheer:

Bloody well freezing :)

Like all old chooks I came home to roost, but I forgot how cold the perch was. :)

:o You'll be laughing in Dec/Jan when it's 36 degrees with 80% humidity here in Brisbane! I bet those whippets aren't enjoying it too much at the moment either :love:

Thanks for your replies. :D

Food for thought. Guess I might have to re-think this as you have mentioned a couple of things I hadn't considered. :D

Bloody well freezing :eek:

Like all old chooks I came home to roost, but I forgot how cold the perch was. :eek:

:eek: You'll be laughing in Dec/Jan when it's 36 degrees with 80% humidity here in Brisbane! I bet those whippets aren't enjoying it too much at the moment either :p

Wanna bet, :cry: we want to come back :laugh:

Definately a cause for concern. We prefer to keep our girls but I was considering this option down the track, if the right people came along. My OH always says" you can't trust anyone" and I think he's right. Soooooo we will still hold our girls and hope for the best.

There is also the other side to this coin. Pet people may agree to a breed back arrangement in order to have the puppy they want, but may not realised the inherent dangers that come with breeding - the bitch may become ill, or even die, and they have lost their beloved family pet as a result.

Too many things can go wrong and while expereinced breeders know about this ins and outs of things, pet owners are unlikely to.

As to breed back contracts, I have heard of some interesting ones!