Sae For Return Of Numbers Query

TessnSean

We are newbies to showing. As in competing for approx 18 months and are showing 4 dogs. One in my name, two in my husbands' name, one in partnership with the breeder. Schedule says "in the case of multiple exhibitors, one envelope for each exhibitor" so for show after show, I sent 3 SAE envelopes. With the exception of one show where all envelopes were used, the secretary has sent back the numbers in one envelope and also sent back my SAE envelopes, unused. The one show where all envelopes were used, the numbers were put in the wrong envelopes. I can take the hint. 99% of show secretaries find it easier to send entries, linked with a common name back in one envelope so I have started sending just the one envelope. Seems I still can not get it right :) Last week I got a note telling me if I send them photocopied entries again, my entries will be sent back. Um. No they weren't. I use Show manager and do a fresh print out for each show. This week, I get a note that says "In future forward separate SAE's for each m'ship as requested in the schedule". I feel like I have been ticked off for deliberately making life difficult for the show officials. Sigh. I guess I just go back to sending 3 envelopes and getting 2 back. I already had to fax the rego certificate on one dog as they did not believe that I gave the correct ownership number. One thing for sure. I won't enter any of their shows again. What do the rest of you do? Multiple SAE or single?

I used to send one when we were showing dogs in different names, until I helped out our show sec with 800 + entries and we had owners names that didn't match envelopes. It was a pain!! We had to go back through and check addresses on entries to figure out which number to put in which envelopes.

After that I used to either send two envelopes or I wrote both names on the one envelope.

If they are going to and coming from the same address, one envelope. The exhibitors address should be on the enrty form shouldn't it? So it should be simple. But sounds very frustrating!! We don't have that rule in NSW...

I do not separate entry form from envelope until the numbers are inside, so there is no trolling back through looking for odd names. But everyone has a different system.

Edited by Rysup

I do not separate entry form from envelope until the numbers are inside, so there is no trolling back through looking for odd names. But everyone has a different system.

I'm sure there are much better way's of doing it! When I was helping out, the entries were completly seprate from the envelopes. It made it a very frustrating afternoon!!

I'd just rather save the hassle and just put in an extra envelope.

Cut the forms exactly to size and no serrrated edge showing on the trim line - tick.

Write show name on the bottom left hand corner of SAE - tick

Write name of dogs, breed and address on back of cheque - tick

Write breed and classes on back of SAE - tick

Send more than one envelope - FAIL :)

One envelope here. I think if I sent multiple envelopes I'd be shot!!!

I often enter via ozentries and it makes me pay for multiple postage and envelopes which are generally very kindly enclosed in my envelope with my numbers... we do have Tom Couchman as a cataloguer for most of our shows and he is VERY professional.

TessnSean you must have entered Ballarat/Bacchus Marsh. :laugh::eek: :eek: :eek::cry: :D

I received a message from both of them.

I put owners name and Prefix on the envelope so its 3 names 3 prefixes.

Apart from recent fore mentioned shows it has not been an issue.

Bit ridiculous to put owners address in SA on envelope when dog resides with me in Vic. I doubt I would ever get the numbers back in time and they would have to be rewritten.

As to not entering the shows again. Bit cutting off your nose to spite your face. :D :p ;)

Had a hint from an exibitor on Sunday she puts on the back what class she has entered.

I put that inside. Might start putting on the back.

Guest CaptainCourageous

One point of view might be that you should use blue ink on your forms, not include a SSAE at all to save money, check that your cheque clears via internet banking, and pick up your number at the show.

I know where they are coming from though. If there are gate passes to be sent back then they are worked out per owners. If you send me 5 entries, all in different names, with one return envelope you will get 3 passes when in actual fact some people would be expecting 5 passes, therefore, separate envelopes please. Also writing the breed and classes on the back of your envelope is sooooo helpful but not when you put different classes to what are on your entries :laugh:

We are just dull in QLD and never get our numbers sent to us :rolleyes:

I love it when I enter NSW shows and get my numbers and all the little list that says how many dogs are in each group!!!

You don't have to send an envelope at all, when there is a circuit I often just get my numbers on the day. You can collect the numbers when you get to the show. I would probably send ONE SAE and if they decided it bothered them, they can just send back the applicable numbers. And if they were really nice and send them all back, well that would be nice too.

I have hisotricallly entered dogs in two lots of names mine and parterners for one breed, and mine and sons for another breed. Alsays sent to me in one SAE, paid for with one cheque. Never had any issues from secretaries or any quiries.

Except when one very kind cataloguer contacted us because our cheque had been included with someone else's entries - thank you for checking....

Just lately for a couple of our local shows, including our own club, I have written on back of envelope that I will collect numbers on the day...