When Are You Classified A Crazy Dog Owner....

Beaglelover:)

I am trying to prove a point to my friend that there are many crazy dog owners out there just like me who do crazy things for their dogs!!

Can you please all back me up :thumbsup:

I do remember a thread a long time ago about something like... you know you are a crazy dog owner when.... but I can not find it. If anyone knows where that thread is I will be happy to show my friend that, but if not lets start a new one...

You know you are a crazy dog owner when... Your house isn't carpeted--the furry fuzzballs under your feet are soft enough.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the crazy dog lady in town because people think i'm way to attached to my dog. :thumbsup: I talk about him more than i talk about my children. Its a semi rural area so people think dos should be outside and should be earning their keep. eg cattle dogs, border collies. I take him to the bus stop nearly every day and i talk to him.

You know you're a crazy dog owner when your screensaver and desktop photos aren't of your nieces or nephews, but your dog. You also know when people buy gifts for your dogs at Christmas time or celebrate 'Father's Day' or 'Mother's Day'. :thumbsup:

Edited by poochmad

you know you are a crazy dog person when....

you prefer looking at leashes in pet stores to clothes for yourself

you remember the dogs birthdays before your childrens

you look at houses but reject or accept them based on the dogs needs ie Ted could never manage the stairs so that house is out.

you find yourself saying `sit` when you get to the road and then remember the dogs aren`t actually with you.

you buy expensive steak and find yourself saving a huge slab as a special treat for the dogs much to the disgust of the teenagers

you don`t mind picking up poo, mopping up sick, cleaning gunk out of eyes or anything else yucky if it is for the dogs.

you rip out thousands of dollars worth of plants from the garden that cause allergic reactions to your dogs skin

your eyes glaze over when a friend talks about her newborn but come alive when she mentions her terrier

you give up your professional career in order to work with dogs.

and finally

you know you are a crazy dog person......when people start to call you ....a crazy dog person

You always do two lots of baking - a big batch with the chocolate chips & cocoa in for the humans, and a smaller batch without for the dog. :laugh:

Yes, my dog is hideously spoiled.

In my defense, her stuff is never iced, and she always works for it! :laugh:

Ummm... does being able to tell which poo in the yard belongs to which dog - without seeing who did it - count?

Or... your vet calls you for advice... errr!

There are more dog crates in your lounge room than couches...

You eat take-away a lot because the fridge and pantry are full of dog food/treats...

You are definitely a crazy dog person if all of the things people say here in this thread seem perfectly normal... lol!

T.

Hear hear! My partner got mad at me because Akira destroyed my last jacket, but instead of buying a new one I kept buying stuff for her. So I finally bought a new jacket off eBay - but only got it because it had pockets big enough to put her treats in for training. :laugh:

Forgot to mention... you are definitely a crazy dog person if you are reading and posting on DOL before 7am on a Sunday morning... lol!

T.

Yes did that :laugh:

And quiet a few of the other things

What if your dogs have their own fridge, freezer and food cupboard and thats what your check 1st before you go out to see if anything is needed.

Forgot to mention... you are definitely a crazy dog person if you are reading and posting on DOL before 7am on a Sunday morning... lol!

... AND you've already cleaned and changed the bedding in the puppy crates, and fed all of your other pets too... errr!

T.

you know you are a crazy dog person when....

you remember the dogs birthdays before your childrens

you look at houses but reject or accept them based on the dogs needs ie Ted could never manage the stairs so that house is out.

you find yourself saying `sit` when you get to the road and then remember the dogs aren`t actually with you.

you buy expensive steak and find yourself saving a huge slab as a special treat for the dogs much to the disgust of the teenagers

you don`t mind picking up poo, mopping up sick, cleaning gunk out of eyes or anything else yucky if it is for the dogs.

you rip out thousands of dollars worth of plants from the garden that cause allergic reactions to your dogs skin

your eyes glaze over when a friend talks about her newborn but come alive when she mentions her terrier

you give up your professional career in order to work with dogs.

and finally

you know you are a crazy dog person......when people start to call you ....a crazy dog person

Ohhh soooo very true!! For the love of dogs!! Here Here!! :laugh:

I sold my beloved convertible to buy an SUV as it was more practical for dogs to travel in. Then we sold our house in town and bought a property out of town because we wanted to give the dogs a better lifestyle. Now they have their very own "off leash park" down the back of our block.........a fully fenced and gated 1000 sq metre block which is perfect for doggy games, frisbee chasing and training. And it's all ours.

We too have rented our "convenient to town and work" house out, and bought a much smaller house on 5 acres purely for the dogs lifestyle. The rural farmer neighbours think we are crazy, as the first things we did were add a doggy door, fence a back yard in, and add a dog exercise area complete with agility equipmant (they had no idea what that stuff was).

Yep- addicted

Di