Do You Need A House Sitter?

Elina

claireybell: All I can tell at the moment is that we need to be in Melbourne during F1 race which is 27th of March.

Ooh, let me know if you're interested in a bit of insider action - I work for the Grand Prix :provoke:

... which is unfortunately the only time I could really use a dog sitter! :thumbsup:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'm going on holiday 24th Dec - 9th January. I live in Sydney (suburb is Kensington, only 10 minutes to Sydney CBD by bus). :D

I live in a large modern 1 bedroom apartment and I have a cute Spoodle needs looking after during my holiday. Let me know if you are still available... Christmas and New Years in Sydney is the best!

Edited by prue

^Hope you got my PM :)

claireybell: All I can tell at the moment is that we need to be in Melbourne during F1 race which is 27th of March.

Ooh, let me know if you're interested in a bit of insider action - I work for the Grand Prix :laugh:

... which is unfortunately the only time I could really use a dog sitter! :confused:

Hi,

Tomi just saw what you wrote and he is soooo excited :D He actually would have liked to be a volunteer there or something. I could do dog sitting for you (i am not so interested in F1...) if you could help Tomi to get an insider action :grouphug:

Edited by Elina

Capanash was looking for someone to housesit in a Melb bayside suburb, Oct to Jan or Dec, I think. Might be worth pm-ing although she may have someone.

There is a woman on bay island off Brisbane wanting someone in January too. 2 nice boxers, lovely relaxing spot.

Good luck

Wow, what a great response, i think I might do house sitting :grouphug:

• 3 weeks later...

We are still looking for houses to sit. Please feel free to contact :crossfingers: We really would like to find a place near Sydney during New Years Eve. Otherwise our schedules are quite open. At the moment we are at Monkey Mia (WA) and leave after few days toward Perth and from there to Albany.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

we have done so far three fantastic house sittings in Australia and enjoyed very much. Now we also have excellent references :love: House sitting is absolutely best way to see Australia. We have met many lovely dogs and their friendly owners. You really have great country :confused:

We are at the moment looking for a house to sit within 100 kilometers radius from Melbourne (or could be even further away if it ends before 27th of March). This would be from next week to at the end of March but anything shorter would be great too.

In April we need to stay in Sydney because we have to sell our car and Sydney would be best place for that (it's a campervan). We would like to find a house sitting place near public transport (because hopefully we don't have car at the end of the month :laugh: ). We leave from Australia 28th of April.

Please feel free to contact :laugh:

Greetings from Grampiens, Vic.

Pity you aren't still in WA. My parents are going away for 2-3 weeks in April and she mentioned the other day about getting a house sitter rather than just leaving it all to me.

We live on 100 acres with horses, dog and aquaculture fish :confused:

ETA: And the two dogs in their house are Finnish Lapphunds :laugh:

Edited by mirawee

Elina I'm sad that you are leaving too soon! I have just paid a HUGE amount to board my three dogs and one cat for mid June to end July. I would have loved a house sitter instead, but three dogs is too many for most people.

I'm glad you are enjoying your travels! We should have a DOL Sydney dinner when you're here.

ETA although it's not house sitting, we have a spare room 30min train ride to the city on the airport line, if you need it.

Edited by Katdogs

Pity you aren't still in WA. My parents are going away for 2-3 weeks in April and she mentioned the other day about getting a house sitter rather than just leaving it all to me.

We live on 100 acres with horses, dog and aquaculture fish :confused:

ETA: And the two dogs in their house are Finnish Lapphunds :)

That would have been great! But yes, we are in the wrong side of the country :laugh:

Elina I'm sad that you are leaving too soon! I have just paid a HUGE amount to board my three dogs and one cat for mid June to end July. I would have loved a house sitter instead, but three dogs is too many for most people.

I'm glad you are enjoying your travels! We should have a DOL Sydney dinner when you're here.

ETA although it's not house sitting, we have a spare room 30min train ride to the city on the airport line, if you need it.

Unfortunately we couldn't be able to help even if we would have stayed longer in Aus, because Tomi is really allergic to cats. Dogs are ok (even many) but cats and horses are really bad :love: I still really appreciate your offer about the spare room. That DOL dinner sounds fun :laugh:

Elina, you and Tomi must make time to see the Sydney Royal Easter show before you go home. It starts on 15th April and finishes on or around 26th April. Quite a few DOLers will be out there on different days showing their dogs. But there are lots of other things to see as well - all kinds of livestock, sideshow alley and rides, fruit displays from the different agricultural areas around NSW, lots of different foods to taste, crafts and heaps of other exhibits :confused: Easy access via public transport as well.

Elina, I am considering 2 days away if you were wanting to stop over in the Southern Highlands on your way to Sydney? I was thinking 18th April so I don't know if that's cutting it too fine for you though to sell your car by the 28th. It's a beautiful area with lots to see and do.

Just send me a PM if keen. :laugh:

Wow what a fantastic response you received Elina. I hope you have enjoyed your time here and enjoy the rest of the time you are here. You must have saved a fortune in Accommodation!!

I am planning on travelling the States mid - end of next year so might have to try something like this!

I am planning on travelling the States mid - end of next year so might have to try something like this!

That's what I'm thinking, saves heaps on accommodation, but not sure I could travel without accommodation booked in advance! I'm not very good at winging stuff :)

How have you found finding accommodation in time, Elina? Many issues? Have you had to stay at a hotel anywhere when you couldn't find a housesit in time? Just curious :( Hope you've enjoyed your stay here!

Clyde:

Unfortunately we have to be already in Sydney during that time period :thumbsup:

How have you found finding accommodation in time, Elina? Many issues? Have you had to stay at a hotel anywhere when you couldn't find a housesit in time? Just curious :thumbsup: Hope you've enjoyed your stay here!

Well, it has been quite difficult to find houses to sit since we have had certain places where we want to be in certain dates (NYE in Sydney, F1 in Melbourne etc.). Also that we can't stay in places where is cats has narrowed places.

We really can't afford hotels in Australia (we are travelling around the world, nine months in total)! We have our campervan where we can sleep and we have stayed also in hostels. I wouldn't count on just house sittings when you want to travel from place to place. Those are more like very good extra for our travels :thumbsup:

We heard a glowing reference about Elina and Tomi and they are currently house, dog and cow sitting for us .The dogs love them even the dog who is very particular about who he shares his couch with thinks they are pretty special .

Even Mr Dodo was impressed :laugh:We drove away feeling our dogs would be well looked after .

Anybody who needs a break when they are in Sydney I am sure when you hear from one of the people who have come home to well looked after dogs and home you will feel confident to trust this great team. :thumbsup:

Edited for spelling :(

Edited by Dodo

• 2 weeks later...

We can not speak highly enough of these guys.Our dogs thought their house guests were pretty special :rolleyes:

It was wonderful timing for us being able to go away knowing reliable people had control of all at home.

^It seems that we could come to visit :)

Very kind words from Dodo :laugh: Her dogs are lovely and we really loved the beautiful garden. It was very nice week in the countryside :)

We are still looking for a house sitting place from Sydney. At the moment we are in Melbourne.

^It seems that we could come to visit ;)

Very kind words from Dodo :grouphug: Her dogs are lovely and we really loved the beautiful garden. It was very nice week in the countryside :)

We are still looking for a house sitting place from Sydney. At the moment we are in Melbourne.

If you need somewhere to stay in Melbourne, let me know

I am about an hour from the city on the train but am close to public transport.

And i have 2 dogs that would love cuddles lol

Do you "do" kids, too?

DH and I are going to USA for two weeks in November and leaving the girls, dog, cats, birds and fish home. We are in Perth WA. Eldest DD will be 18 and youngest 17 - just need to be supervised so they don't kill each other :grouphug:

Reliable house sitters would be more advantageous than unreliable nieces, nephews or friends!!