Do You Need A House Sitter?

Elina

I started this: http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=202842 thread here a while ago and because many people here were so supportive I now dared to open this new thread.

Me (27 years old) and my boyfriend (30) are from Finland. We have resigned from our jobs (project manager and truck driver) and have been travelling since end of August. We have two Border Collies which are NOT travelling with us. They both compete in obedience trials. I previously had an own dog training company and organized dog seminars. We both love animals, especially dogs. Since our own dogs stay in Finland while we travel abroad, we would love to look after other dogs to relieve homesickness even a bit. I have used to do long bush walks daily and watch telly while scratching dogs bellies Since we are quite old working holiday travellers we are not party persons but very reliable people who respect others property.

Here am I with our Border Collies, Tomi's mixed breed and my friend's miniature schnauzer

elinajakoirat2.jpg

We arrive to Australia (Perth) at October 27th. We don’t have much plans yet. Before moving to East Coast I want to visit Monkey Mia and see the dolphins as well as visit at the Kangaroo Island. Spending new years eve at the Sydney is must for Tomi as well as being in Melbourne during F1 races at the end of March. Most likely we travel to New Zealand between those two dates. Believe or not but this is pretty much all plans we have at the moment.

We prefer shorter (1-3 weeks) housesitting positions, because we have only limited time to spend in your beautiful country and it’s so huge that we can’t stay at one place too long time. But don’t hesitate to offer a longer house sitting place either.

Because when I am doing something, I usually go deep into it, that's why I created a homepage about this:

Need a house sitter?

There is more information for them who are interested in to know more about us.

I hope it is ok to post this here :)

Edited by Elina

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elina - feel free to PM me if you come up to Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast - no house-sitting but if you need somewhere to stay for a few days or a week, you can walk dogs and help me groom!! And teach some manners to my crew as they seem to have forgotten in the past month! :laugh:

I definitelly need someone end of January beggining of Feb. Ill be home for Xmas and NYE but have a room for you to stay if you wish, and I most likely wont be home much as Im on annual leave from work, just not traveling anywhere in that period (everyone is and everywhere is congested)

Oh Im in Sydney.

Edited by MonElite

Hi Elina,

I'm from Finland as well!

We live on the south coast of NSW (Nowra), and you guys are welcome to visit/stay if you end up over here. We are not planning any holidays yet, but that may change. We have a spare room, so if you need a place, let us know.

Tervetuloa!

Jaana

Elina,

i am in the brisbane valley outside of brisbane.. if you both would like somewhere to stay with dogs(7 maremmas), goats, sheep, lowline cattle

pm me ..

Seven maremmas, goats and sheep! We could see live stock guardian dogs in their work?! You can be sure we would love to :laugh: I will pm you.

I have answered Cockerlovers mail and sent pm to MonElite.

t-time: Thanks for your offer. We most likely will come to Brisbane and I let you know when :laugh:

Flashsmum: Arvasin, että talla foorumilla on varmasti muitakin Suomalaisia. Kiitos tarjouksestasi. Hyvin todennakoisesti ajamme ainakin Nowran lapi jossain vaiheessa, joten pidan teidat kylla mielessa :laugh:

claireybell: All I can tell at the moment is that we need to be in Melbourne during F1 race which is 27th of March.

Elina,

i am in the brisbane valley outside of brisbane.. if you both would like somewhere to stay with dogs(7 maremmas), goats, sheep, lowline cattle

pm me ..

Seven maremmas, goats and sheep! We could see live stock guardian dogs in their work?! You can be sure we would love to :laugh: I will pm you.

I have answered Cockerlovers mail and sent pm to MonElite.

t-time: Thanks for your offer. We most likely will come to Brisbane and I let you know when :laugh:

Flashsmum: Arvasin, että talla foorumilla on varmasti muitakin Suomalaisia. Kiitos tarjouksestasi. Hyvin todennakoisesti ajamme ainakin Nowran lapi jossain vaiheessa, joten pidan teidat kylla mielessa :laugh:

claireybell: All I can tell at the moment is that we need to be in Melbourne during F1 race which is 27th of March.

Glad everything is working out so well for you! I will forward this thread onto friends in NZ who may also be interested! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

^We already changed pm's but it looks like we still are available.

I can't believe how amazing people you Aussies are :) I have got many pm's and welcomings to a night or two stays to your houses. Many thanks to you alla! And apologizes if there is someone to whom I haven't replyed, we have had quite limited time for an internet since we have been travelling here all the time. I will though try to answer to everyone asap. We are still looking for houses to sit :laugh:

We are Melbourne outer eastern suburbs, how long where you wanting to stay in Melbourne in March? what a great idea to do while travelling! Enjoy your trip!!

Actually there might be a change for this plan. I don't know for sure yet but we maybe won't be in the city during the F1 races because if we want to see East Coast, we should be there during that time. At the moment it looks like, we might come and stay around Melbourne already during Nov / Dec.