Home Made Dog Biscuits

ruthless

I've been trawling Google for the last hour looking for recipes for home made dog biscuits. It's all a bit overwhelming! Does anyone here have any they could share? Something natural, organic, gluten free, etc. Icing would be nice too.

Also, where would I get a bone shaped baking tray?!

I got a bone shape cookie cutter at a home ware shop. Not sure where in Syd you are, but I have seen some a few weeks back at a stall in Westfield Miranda. It was in one of those shop stands that are set up in between shops.

ETA if you get stuck I can post mine to you to use :laugh:

Edited by black magic

Most kitchen supply shops have bone shaped cutters.

This is Perry's favourite recipe:

PERRY’S CINNAMON HEARTS

5 cups of plain flour

1 cup raw rolled oats

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon salt

50g butter

1 egg lightly beaten

1 cup grated apple

1 tablespoon water

Mix together flour, oats, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Rub butter into mixture until it roughly resembles breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre, add egg and mix through with a fork. Add grated apple, work through with hands until combined. Add water to form a soft dough. Turn dough onto a floured board and keep adding flour until dough is firmer and does not stick to the board. Roll out dough to 3-4 mm thickness and cut out shapes.

Place heart shapes on greased oven tray, glaze with additional beaten egg if desired and sprinkle extra cinnamon. Bake in a moderately hot oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown in colour. Cool on a wire rack until biscuits harden.

She also likes these:

SALMON COOKIES

1 can salmon (I use half a large can of Aldi pink salmon)

1/2 cup flour

1 egg

3 tsp oil

Mix really well together and flatten on cookie sheet and mark lines to use to break apart after they are cooked. Recipe doesn't say what temp but I used 160C, until hard.

I got my bone shaped cookie cutters at house, also some off the net. I have a great recipe for peanut butter dog bickys it's easy and must be yummy as my fussy boy loves them! I'll post it tomorow.

Heres mine if anyone is interested.

1/2 cup oil

1/2 cup water

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla (you dont have to put this in if you dont want to)

2 cups flour

1 cup oats

3 teaspoons peanut butter (melt in microwave first)

Mix everything together to form a dough - add more flour if needed.

Roll out to about 1cm thick and cut into shapes (I have bone shaped cookie cutters)

cook for about 20 mins at 200 degrees celcius or until they start to go brown.

You can alternate the peanut butter with liver.