Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

One thing I have noticed with my lot, the amount I normally feed I have had to give more as it just isn't enough. I just put it down to winter. I also feed chicken wings and necks 3 times a week.

Mine are losing weight, too, with no change to the amount they eat or exercise. I too put it down to winter, and have increased what they get....

I hope it doesn't change. Things that get popular start to morph into something completely different after a while :(

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's on the cards ruby star i'm pretty sure. Same as a chicken based dry.

Thanks, EI. I hope so, as I've put one of mine on Eagle Pack Holistic grain free in the hopes it helps her constant yeasty ears. But it's rather expensive, and would much rather be feeding both kids the same thing, so much easier!!

Guest english.ivy

I give my Pointer water [made with water only, no milk] porridge every couple of nights to help keep his weight on over winter, without having to feed him 5 million cups of dry and it works.

Hope it is just a bad batch of BH ..

Just wondering how much a 20kg bag of the cat food would be? Does anyone know? In Sydney if that helps

Hi PuddleDuck, you can get 20kg cat food at hawkesbury pet foods at McGraths Hill for $95.

call Sandra on 4587 7950

cheers

sabine

Guest english.ivy

EI how much porridge do you give him?

Roughly about two tablespoons [cooked] per meal.

I just put the oats in a microwave proof bowl, and cover with water then zap twice. I don't measure anything :o

We need another bag BH and I'm too scared to buy a new bag in case my two get sick.

Hi Everyone

As you know l am not on DOL very often and will check if someone notifies me of an issue,

l can absolutely 100% guarantee there has been no changes to BlackHawk formula, l have 2 breeds and over 10 dogs l would be the first to know, we also have no reports from anyone of any changes, we have several boarding kennels in the area all on BlackHawk purchasing 10 x 20kg bags weekly and in some cases more,

But what might help some of you, is the results a lady found about 3 weeks ago, she lives in Qld, l will copy & paste her email to me,l have xxx out her name,

"Hi Sherel

Thank you for spending the time talking to me on the phone the other day, The dogs continued with their upset stomachs , so I took your advice and took 2 of them to the vet (couldn’t handle 5 on my own LOL)

I am so glad I did take them turned out it was nothing to do with the food, it was Giardia something I had not heard of,

My vet explained to me that with all the rains and floods affected water has gone into waterways, he went into good detail about it, and I have since Googled it for more information, Wikipedia even mentions an out break in Sydney http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giardia_lamblia

Dogs are treated and on the mend and back to doing great on their Blackhawk, Thanks

Regards

xxxxx & the four legged gang.

Hi

I get one of my girls (the one that has been affected the worst) tested for giardia as well as any other nasties every 3 months as a requirement for the delta society, she just got the all clear a few weeks ago

Hi Golden Girl

My dogs checked as well, health all clear. To tell you the trueth some people might not even notice the difference in my dogs especially if they were in a kennel situation, besides the upping of food. But because our dogs are with us most of the time, back yard poo patrol and back yard full of holes and divets from them eating dirt, I noticed and then my Puppy people ring, talking adult dogs not babies. Too much coincidence.

Like I said I'l see how they go on the next couple of bags, hopefully I got a bad batch. Most people, that spend a lot of time with their dogs, gut feelings usually serves them well.

I hope no one is talking this personally, it's feed back, maybe a bad batch and all good now.

Cheers Lee

Hi

I get one of my girls (the one that has been affected the worst) tested for giardia as well as any other nasties every 3 months as a requirement for the delta society, she just got the all clear a few weeks ago

Hi Golden Girl

My dogs checked as well, health all clear. To tell you the trueth some people might not even notice the difference in my dogs especially if they were in a kennel situation, besides the upping of food. But because our dogs are with us most of the time, back yard poo patrol and back yard full of holes and divets from them eating dirt, I noticed and then my Puppy people ring, talking adult dogs not babies. Too much coincidence.

Like I said I'l see how they go on the next couple of bags, hopefully I got a bad batch. Most people, that spend a lot of time with their dogs, gut feelings usually serves them well.

I hope no one is talking this personally, it's feed back, maybe a bad batch and all good now.

Cheers Lee

Yes I have to say it took me a while to realise...not that they weren't 100% but that it was ongoing, and yes this is certainly feedback and not an attack, it is a great food

I 100% believe there has been no formula change, but I am simply wondering if there could be some sort of contaminant in the manufacturing

Genuine question Sherel, is there any sort of lab testing involved in the manufacture of the food or the machines it is manufactured on? I just find it very coincidental that a number of dogs have all had similar problems, and it could just be that, a coincidence...but it could also be something else

Edited by GoldenGirl85

My dogs haven't been tested for giardia - in my case the problems started with the introduction of BH and have stopped now that they're back on their normal food. I don't have a batch number but it was a bag of the adult formula purchased late May.

Just wondering how much a 20kg bag of the cat food would be? Does anyone know? In Sydney if that helps

Hi PuddleDuck, you can get 20kg cat food at hawkesbury pet foods at McGraths Hill for $95.

call Sandra on 4587 7950

cheers

sabine

Thanks Sabine!

I recommended my neighbours try it. Even though my dogs didn't do well on it I thought there's might and it was more in their price bracket. I arranged for two bags to be delivered to them a month or so ago and even though they weaned them on to it they all had the trots, gurgly tummies etc so they chucked the remainder.

Edited by Clyde